Women / Large Bra Sizes

Options

Replies

• Ashkea76
    Ashkea76 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    He just subscribes for the ....."articles." :wink::laugh:
    I'm just here cuz its a post about boobs :)

I'm just here cause I HAVE boobs...and have to special order bras too.....**kicks rocks**
  • UnitedBoy83
    UnitedBoy83 Posts: 888 Member
    Options

^^^^^^^^^ this!!! :bigsmile:
  • jennpaulson
    jennpaulson Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Curvy Kate, Freya and Panache are all fantastic. Figleaves.com, brastop.com and ebay are where I usually get mine for way less that the recommended sale price (usually well over £30 each). I would LOVE to find a supportive strapless or backless bra but I don't think it'll happen until I've lost more weight and the boobs shrink a bit. I've already gone down a couple of cup sizes but it's not enough!

Also, bratabase.com is a fantastic site. You can enter your size and it'll show you the most highly recommend bras for your size, based on reviews from other site users. You can also search by bra name/brand to find out if that Curvy Kate will actually suit your size and shape.

BUT REMEMBER TO MEASURE YOURSELVES CORRECTLY! Follow this guide (here ---> http://i.imgur.com/tgrX4zO.png) and you can't fail. Don't worry if you come up a smaller back size/bigger cup size, you will be surprised at how comfortable/supportive the size will feel compared to the baggy, shapeless or so-tight-the-wires-and-straps-are-digging-in bra you wear now. And one final plug for http://www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits - it wins all of the internets.

I've never thought about buying online...you're brilliant. Now to find out if they ship to Canada... :happy:

That's funny because I've ordered stuff online from a place in Canada and it was the cheapest that I could find the basque I was looking for.
  • Ashkea76
    Ashkea76 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

^^^^^^^^^ this!!! :bigsmile:

Honest to a fault, are we? Lol :laugh:
  • Mr_Dumas
    Mr_Dumas Posts: 260 Member
    Options

I'm just here cause I HAVE boobs...and have to special order bras too.....**kicks rocks**

How YOU doin? :flowerforyou:
  • wiscck
    wiscck Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I'm a 38 G. I have to get mine online, and yes, they're expensive. But think of all the extra engineering that has to go into designing them. Especially the sports bras! And the worst part is I'm losing weight from my underbust faster than my bust, so my band size is going down and the cup size is going up. And I have to buy new bras every month or so. It's expensive!
  • norriedawn
    norriedawn Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Same problem here. Even before I gained weight, I struggled to find the right length. Now that I've gained weight it's almost impossible. My usual brand has been discontinued, of course.

I also live in Canada so I have a lot less options for ordering online unless I want to pay to bring items in from the U.S. and possibly not be able to return them.
    I have the opposite problem. Large band size, smaller cup size. The industry assumes fat chicks all have big boobs. I don't. I have a broad back. And wearing extenders only makes the straps fall down. Sucks.
  • SweetJoanne
    SweetJoanne Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    no here in Canada all sizes cost the same amount of money unless you are massive and have to have specially made
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, not that I've noticed. Maybe I just settle too easily with mine.
    I like the color, I like the shape.. I get it.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Anytime you have to special order something it costs more (large or small or some kind of combo). But, in general smaller clothing costs more than larger clothing because it requires more work time to make it and get it all right. It involves more patience and tiny details. It is easier to make larger clothing and have more material to work with. The cost is based on work time, not material. But, again small sizes need to be special ordered as well as larger sizes. My rib cage is 26 inches, so I have to special order bras if I want a good fit (most bra stores start at 32 or 34). I can wear poorly fitting ones, and did for a long time (until just the past couple months). I prefer a good fit.
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    @cranshininibon-Best Profile Picture Ever. lmao.
  • _errata_
    _errata_ Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    fascinating.gif
  • desolate_angel
    desolate_angel Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    You can't even get a 36DD at Walmart or Target, so no cute $15 bras for me. I get mine for $45 from VS, but I suspect 36DD is not my correct size. The cup size is definitely a little small, and I've always put my bra on by clipping it in front and spinning it around. It wasn't until a few months ago I read your band should be too tight to allow that. Unfortunately, I can't afford to go to Nordstrom's to be properly fitted and buy a new bra right now.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    it's a mixed bag. you can get $15-20 bras on sale at nordstrom, her room, bravissimmo or other places but you can also find $60+ bras . the strapless i have which is the best strapless EVER because it's supportive AND fits my tig ole bitties were well worth the $65 i spent for it .

i pretty much stick to the same brands because they consistently fit me well. my favorite brands are panache, elomi and curvy kate. sometimes wacoal is OK
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    You can't even get a 36DD at Walmart or Target, so no cute $15 bras for me. I get mine for $45 from VS, but I suspect 36DD is not my correct size. The cup size is definitely a little small, and I've always put my bra on by clipping it in front and spinning it around. It wasn't until a few months ago I read your band should be too tight to allow that. Unfortunately, I can't afford to go to Nordstrom's to be properly fitted and buy a new bra right now.

No, that's a very reasonable way to put on a bra because your waist is smaller than your rib cage. So clip it around the waist, spin it, and pull it up. I've always done that.
  • CookNLift
    Options
    bump for intellectual discussion
  • sypop
    sypop Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    alot more, im a 40 N and I can only buy online so its like 50-60 bucks plus s&h....:(
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Thongs are more expensive than granny panties
    By this example larger bra sizes should be cheaper.:drinker:
  • CookNLift
    Options
    alot more, im a 40 N and I can only buy online so its like 50-60 bucks plus s&h....:(

Do they even make padded or push up bras that big? I always wondered about that.