Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    I almost forgot to share something really funny that happened in my 1st period class today.

We are reading Graham Greene's "The Destructors" in my AP class. Dialogue after I read a quote from the text--

Me: What is Greene saying here? Why all the destruction?

Student: Well, they say destruction is a form of creation. They just want to see what happens when they tear the world apart. They want to change things.

Me: Did you just go all Donnie Darko on me?

Student: You started it.

He was indeed correct. I haven't see this movie since it came out 10+ years ago. After class, I watched the scene where they are discussing the story. The teacher (played by Drew Barrymore) reads the same exact quote that I chose to read aloud and asks essentially the same question.

I love my AP students.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    WEll I did a nice easy 30 minutes on the elliptical last night... felt pretty good stretching out the sore legs. Planning a lifting session today after work. But I have a late meeting today, and might have me running late. I HATE that!

Ate well yesterday too... adding carbs back in slowly seems to be going good... until tomorrow upcoming candy gorge... lol

Skinny- your students are MUCH better then me. I am much more a literal person and NEVER was able to read anything into a book other then what it said on the page. I could tell you what ever happened but I would be damned to tell you what any of it means. (Why I am a project manager for engineering projects I guess). AND glad you finally got back to that gym!

Robbin -- Hope you beat this flu quick!!! Rest and chicken soup

Gzuschick-- I agree never give up on yourself. But what sort of exercises are you looking for 6 days a week. Remember its a long road not a sprint!

Alupinsk -- Wow that must be one hectic job!

pienthesky32- stick to it!!! best of luck at Dr visit, I am sure it will go great
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Wednesday wish:
    I wish my husband would join me on this journey. I was suggesting it nicely last night that it would be so fun if he did this with me. He didn't bite. On a happier note my bestie, who lives one state over, is doing this with me. I only wish she were closer so we could work out together.

My second wish is for a good day with my students and staff. I teach a small class of children with autism. Wednesdays seem to be their very behavioral day. I am keeping my fingers crossed for less behavioral day.

I am so thankful to be back on this site. I am kicking myself for not keeping up with it, especially when I see some of the "old timers" and how successful they have been since I left. (I am so proud of you all!) I keep thinking how much healthier I would be if I kept it up. I try to remind myself that I cannot change the past and only can change my future. I lost a bunch of friends on here during my inactive period and I am trying to rebuild my support team. If any of you would like to be part of my support team please add me.

Here is a question for those of you who are Fitbit people. Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the Flex and Force? I really didn't see much difference on the website. I ordered the Flex yesterday along with a new pair of sneakers. They are scheduled for delivery tomorrow. I am super excited for them to arrive!

I hope everyone has a successful day!
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Good Morning.

Yesterday was a bad day, wish it had been light out when I got home so I could have gone for a walk/run - I’ll be so glad when my schedule lets up in another month so I can get to the gym more.

Hello to the newlings that stopped by.

@Karen~Funny about the discussion in your class yesterday. I took a lot of lit classes in college, I loved looking at the meaning behind stories and poems. I was probably one of the few people that loved writing papers too, my mom always told me I should have been a journalist or English teacher – but no, I followed my love for numbers instead. :wink:

@Tammy~Do you have any resistance bands? They are really inexpensive and are great for strength training.

@Robin~I hope you are kicking that flu to the curb and are feeling better.

@Nettie~I have the Fitbit One and recently ordered the Flex. Unlike the Flex the Force has a display for you to see your activity throughout the day, it also counts stairs climbed which the Flex does not – otherwise they are very similar. Personally I didn’t think another $30 warranted the Force, just to have the display – the Force is also a little bigger. Right now the Force just comes in 2 colors, I'm sure they'll add more in the future but I liked that the Flex came in pink (temporarily) and a variety of other colors to mix and match.

AFM~Have session with my trainer this afternoon, which I plan on keeping – I really need to get back in the game and back on plan, don’t quite have my appetite back but I’m getting there.

Have a good day!
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Wish: That my house gets to feeling better. All of a sudden, none of us feel great. :sick: Emma has this tickle in her throat that hasn’t developed, but isn’t gone yet either. Jacob graduated from a cast to a walking boot, but the pain is getting worse, so I fear we’re back to a cast next appointment. Michael came home today and asked for my chiropractor’s number. His back is hurting him (he moves lots of pounds of mail each day and walks 10-14 miles each shift). I’m feeling okay, but super tired. I fell asleep on the couch last night (which means I didn’t get all my stuff done that I wanted) so I think I’m going to hit the sack early tonight.

@Gorilla…glad you are enjoying your new workout. You made me laugh out loud with your beard/winter problems… My dad would grow a beard during the winter and when he would come in from chores, he had the same problem.

@Robin…you’ve been feeling yucky for a while. Hope it ends soon for you.

@Laurie…hope you had fun out (makes me want to see your new outfit too)

@Karen…love the dress…it looks comfortable too. I think its good for your student teacher to have to do the grading himself. That’s what the real world will be like for him next year. Glad you got back to the gym but I don’t know how you have the energy to do any cardio after lifting. Maybe it’ll come later, but right now, I’m spent after a lifting session! :huh:

Well, it’s closing in on the end of October and so far:
    Drinking water…mixed reviews. I generally do great during the week, but weekends, I lose sight of it. Guess I need to be better about grabbing that bottle!
    Lose 4 pounds…my last weigh in had me down by 3.1 pounds for October. We’ll see what tomorrow holds.
    Halloween Candy…haven’t had any yet!!!

Last Night
    Squats – 95
    Bench – 70
    Row – 70

Monday…Water Aerobics (DONE)
    Tuesday…Weights (DONE)
    Wednesday…rest (I might actually go for a walk during Emma’s swimming lessons…we’ll see)
    Thursday…Weights
    Friday…Zumba
    Saturday…Weights
    Sunday…rest
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Bump for now
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I was keeping up but didn't post yesterday. It looks like I will have a net loss of 2# for October. That's better than a gain. It puts me a long way from reaching my 100# goal for Christmas, so I am revising my goal. Now it is to have a net loss when the holidays are over. They start this week for me. I make homemade donuts every year for the trick-or-treaters. They are very popular. We usually give away around 150. Last year I had just had knee surgery so my daughters made the donuts and brought me home from rehab to pass them out. I am glad that I can make them myself this year.
    Have a great day. I will be cleaning house and getting things ready so I can concentrate on donuts tomorrow. Onward and downward. Kaye
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I am still alive! I got sick Sunday and hurt my back. Today is my first day back at work for the week. My back is still pretty messed up but I’m trying to keep it loose. I was down to 263 but am back to 267 today, but I will start eating good again and hopefully get some movement in instead of the couch potato I’ve been for the past 3-4 days.

Hope you all have a healthy day!

Tom

Quote of the day: “You will never change your life until you change something you do daily.” ~Mike Murdock
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Skinny - I loved your exchange with your student - so snappy! But I had to Google Donny Darko - didn't know anything about him! Doh! So I found an interesting website:

http://news.moviefone.com/2011/10/26/25-things-you-may-not-know-about-donnie-darko/

Gorilla - NO candy gorge - NO!!!

Nettie - I wish your hubbie would support and go along with you too. I've seen a lot of families sort of fall in line with the head chef's cooking, maybe that can happen at your place, you never know until you start making some small changes.
    Glad your bestie is doing this with you!

Kah - have a good session with your trainer this afternoon - sweat a lot!

tlh - hope your household starts to feel better - hate it when everyone gets sick. Sounds like a mixed bag there with the cast and the chiropractor and the throat illness - and you needing your sleep! Good for you for not eating any Halloween Candy!

Kaye - I can see why the neighborhood loves you - homemade doughnuts - oh what joy!

Tom - sorry to hear you've been sick - glad you're on the mend. I wouldn't worry about that little weight gain. I'm up a bit too. I'm sure its from being idle.

Still off work and feeling ill - haven't worked out in quite a while and miss it. Boredom is setting in!
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Skinny - I loved your exchange with your student - so snappy! But I had to Google Donny Darko - didn't know anything about him! Doh! So I found an interesting website:

http://news.moviefone.com/2011/10/26/25-things-you-may-not-know-about-donnie-darko/

Gorilla - NO candy gorge - NO!!!

Oh robin..... I know that is ideal.. but I also know it is unrealistic expectation to set for myself. So I plan for it, understand it is what it is and enjoy a night endulging and fight the fight even harder the next day.
  • vulcan06
    vulcan06 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am hypothyroid and have been on medication for 20+ YEARS- my advice and EXPERIENCE says TAKE THE MEDS!!! THE EXHAUSTION THAT COMES FROM NOT TAKING THEM IS MUCH WORSE THAN ANYTHING i CAN DESCRIBE- not to mention the WEIGHT GAIN and the HAIR LOSS- which are just starting points- being hypothyroid is no walk in the park, but the medication is CHEAP and the results can be PHENOMINAL!!! good luck wiht your journey- slow and steady-
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Wish: Patience. Last year I completely derailed during the holidays. I'm almost through the first one and its been very, very minimal damage. A miniature here and there, but nothing too serious. No biggie. I've got this!! I just wish the scale would move a little quicker, but I am feeling so much stronger and really glad I bit the bullet to start working with my trainer. It's an expense and definitely had to readjust my budget, but worth it (thanks Laurie and Kelley for your advice and support along the way in the trainer direction).

@ Kris aka MowMow - I miss you!!!! How's the new job? Did the other one every come to fruition? I know you have limited Internet access and time during the day so that's why we're not seeing you much and you're becoming a social butterfly with all your new church activities (good for you!!!), but I miss you!! Just thinking about you.

@ Robin - Hope you feel better soon. So many people are under the weather. I didn't think I've seen any squats or strength training lately. Get healthy first.

@ Kelley - I did want to share my condolences as well regarding your grandmother. I know she was a special lady and you loved her very much. My grandmother died when I was 12. Unfortunately, she battled breast cancer back when there wasn't the best treatment. She battled hard for 2 years and it was very tough to see her in so much pain. I would just pray God would take her so she wasn't hurting. It's hard to believe 33 years later and it still touches my heart. I try to remember my fond memories like her cooking and making me my favorite buttermilk pancakes for breakfast or playing dominoes. Always remember the memories!!I know this is a tough time with your end of year stuff, but hang in there! It will all balance out soon.

@ Karen - First of all, love the new picture and dress! Beautiful color and nice flow. You look great!!! Regarding school, I was always an average student and even now when I see some of my friends kids who are AP and take so many advanced classes I'm in awe of how smart they are. I haven't seen that movie in ages, but do remember it. I'm going to have to find it on Netflix and catch it again.

@ Nettie - I would just give your hubs a little time. Change is hard after you've been in a routine or so comfortable with what you're doing or hard to accept there is a problem. I would just focus on you right now and hopefully he'll take baby steps and join in. Plus, even though your friend is a state away really support each other. Can she join MFP too? She can have our support too.

@ Tom - Sorry you were feeling under the weather. Hope you have a better week. I'm still having a hard time getting use to our winds out here. The other night was so strong. I've got a 2-story house and I thought the windows were just going to blow in. It was nuts!!!

@ Gorilla - It's so good to see you getting back into the swing of things. You're getting some pep in your step. I love it!

@ Tlh - So many folks are sick right now and it seems the whole families are coming done with junk. I've got another friend and they all have the stomach flu. It's been brutal. Time to bleach down the house, clean sheets and get everyone healthy!!! I'm with you on the candy. We have this cute glass pumpkin bowl filled right by our main door. I pass it every single day and it's a challenge, but I'm doing it. Now I have had 2 or 3, but that's it!!! We've got this!!

@ Kaye - I'm looking to readjust my goals as well. I believe in setting goals, but life happens and some things are just out of our control. For me, I'm looking at the short term and really staying focused this year. I derailed between late October and January last year so I'm determined to eat less, move more and make this holiday season count!
  • sjacobs425
    sjacobs425 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    wednesday wish wednesday wish... that i will in fact have my own success story ... one day... :grumble:

*sigh*:ohwell: i know it will be a reality, and i know it's going to happen. i just get so hung up on why is it tkaing so long. it would just be so nice for the scale to not fluctuate constantly and move in the right direction. i'm literally recording every last morsel and piece that goes in my mouth. i dont know what else to change.

enough of that. still now 30ds in the a.m. tomorrow i'll be back on the grind, just a bit under the weather. still doing evenings in the gym last night we did 10 minutes on the arc, 20 min on the elliptical and we did shoulders and triceps. i was a little over my 1200 yesterday, but i know in looking over my diary what i need to change and i'm doing it today.

to everyone reading, have a beautiful day and when things don't go right.... go LIFT :bigsmile:
  • beachgirl613
    beachgirl613 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    My Wednesday wish is that I had more willpower when it comes to food. I know what I should eat and I love vegetables, but my cravings for carbs overcomes that. I'm slowly learning to stop eating when I'm not hungry anymore. I used to eat until I was full, but now it's gotten to not being hungry. I need to start packing my lunch again for the week so I'm not tempted.
  • meisterkidd
    Options
    @P1xyn1xy- sorry I missed the message yesterday. :( I was still a little out of it when I got on here lol. It is very true- I know it was certainly a wake up call to me. When she told me all of this, I literally dropped bad habits like sodas, added sugars and unhealthy things like fast food. At the same time, I'm really angry at myself that it took something like this to fully wake me up. I should've done this sooner before it got to this point :c

@Kah- Every once in a while I get that little twinge of doubt... that little voice that asks me "are you sure you can do this?" but I'm almost certain that I can... at least now I am. I've already made some really positive changes since Monday so as long as I can stick with them, I think I'll do well. Also, congrats on getting your bp down C: I sincerely hope I can follow your example.

@Nettie- I'm really glad everything was normal for you. C: I try to do measurements but just recently I found out I was measuring wrong rofl. I'm going to update my measurements on here to the proper ones and do that as well. I've heard it's a really good way to keep from getting discouraged (I have a tendency to get discouraged a lot so anything to help me overcome that gets two thumbs up from me lol). I can't wait until I start seeing some NSV's too :D and I'll be rooting for you!

@Robin- lol that's what my doc said too. She wants me on a low carb, high fiber/protein diet so I'll stay sated longer and can work on building muscle and burning fat. I'm not going to lie though- so far it's been pretty rough having even cut out artificial sweetener. The water is starting to taste less bland too me, which is good and I occasionally switch out for a glass of milk (for something with flavor lol) but I miss my coffee. On the upside, even having cut out caffeine in the process, I've not had to deal with any severe migraines (like I did the last time I tried this) so I'm feeling positive about that too.

@laurie- I'm trying. I get a little daunted when I look at the big picture still but if I can reach each little milestone, I'm certain I can make it. C:

Also, I want to sincerely thank all of you for all of your kind and encouraging words. I'm going to make all of you proud of me, make my family and my doctor proud of me, and most of all, make myself proud.

Wednesday wishes- I'm gonna be blatantly honest here. :C I wish the meds my doctor put me on didn't make me feel so sick to my stomach. Granted it has eased up some, but it makes it that much work to go out and exercise. I feel like I'm walking and running through thick mud- just sluggish and blech :S
  • susan2396
    Options
    I get daily e-mails from Coach Jonathan Roche. I really enjoy his simple and to the point notes. Here was a simple list of items that I need to constantly remind myself. Enjoy!!!

Attitude & Focus
    1. Concentrate on increasing your energy & improving your health vs. losing weight The weight loss takes care of itself when you stay focused on increasing your energy and improving your health.

2. Take ownership of your health and weight People often blame other people, their family, their economic situation, etc. for their health and weight problems. But that is not true. You are 100% in control of your health and weight, so please own it!

3. Throw the rear view mirror out the window You can't change the past and beating yourself up is only going to drag you down and move you in the wrong direction. Today is a new day so take advantage of it. Don’t let yesterday’s missteps rob you of today and tomorrow’s victories!

4. Hold yourself accountable and don't make excuses We are all extremely busy, but you can fit movement into your schedule. You deserve to have some personal time each day so hold yourself accountable and don’t let yourself make excuses for missing workouts or eating badly.

5. Stay positive Your ability to stay positive and roll with the punches is a huge factor as to whether you will fight through tough times or quit.

6. Be grateful There are millions of people in this world who would give anything to be able to walk. So focus on being grateful for your gifts!

7. Believe in yourself This is probably the most important secret. “If you think you can or you think you can’t, you are right.” – Henry Ford

8. When you exercise, be proud of yourself Celebrate each workout (even 5 minutes is fantastic!) as a solid step towards your goals.

9. Have fun If your workouts are not fun, then you are not going to keep doing them. So, if you dread going to the gym, don't go. Instead, go for a walk, bike ride or play with your kids in the yard. If you can turn the dreaded exercise word into a fun activity then your chances of being successful go up dramatically.

Personal-Accountability & Habits
    10. Be an example of health to your kids and family 50% of kids with 1 obese parent become obese adults and 80% of kids with 2 obese parents become obese adults. Your kids follow your lead and the example that you set!

11. Schedule your workouts in your calendar These should be looked at as un-breakable appointments with yourself. So unless the house is on fire or the kids are sick, the workout is happening. No Excuses!

12. Weigh yourself once per week Daily weigh-ins turn into “am I going to be in a good or bad mood today” events and avoiding your weight is not good either. Weekly weigh-ins help you stay accountable and let you see how your week went so that you can make adjustments if needed.

13. Limit your daily personal internet time to 15 minutes unless you have done your workout You will be shocked how much this one tip increases your workout consistency and results.

14. Cut yourself off from watching evening TV unless you have done your workout This is tough love, but does the TV you watch improve your energy, health and/or mind? Earn your TV time by making your health a higher priority.

15. Sleep 7+ hours per night It is nearly impossible to lose weight is you are not letting your body rest and recover correctly. Make your health a top priority by making sleeping 7+ hours per night a top priority. The best way to do this is to set a firm bedtime and to stick to it!

16. Complete the Win Tomorrow Check List 7 nights per week Tomorrow’s success starts tonight and when we wing it as far as our workouts and nutrition normally we fail. Give yourself a 3 for 6 or 7 nights per week, a 2 for 4 or 5 nights and a 1 for 3 nights per week.

Inner-Dialogue
    17. Celebrating what you are doing versus dwelling on what you are not doing This is a pivotal step in learning to control your negative voice and winning the Inner-Dialogue Battle!

18. Spend a few minutes each evening thinking about your health wins for the day When we focus on and celebrate our victories we shift into a position of power and positivity!

19. Complete the Win Tomorrow Check List 7 nights per week Tomorrow’s success starts tonight and when we wing it as far as our workouts and nutrition normally we fail. Give yourself a 3 for 6 or 7 nights per week, a 2 for 4 or 5 nights and a 1 for 3 nights per week. IMPORTANT: This is purposely here twice because it is that important!

Balance & Happiness
    20. Focus on leading a balanced (relationships, parenting, health, spirituality, emotional, etc.) life When we are out of balance and our stress is elevated and that hinders our weight loss and health improvements.

Exercise & Movement
    21. Turn random acts into fitness Take the stairs at work, park in the farthest spot at the store or work, play with your kids instead of sitting on the sidelines, walk in place while brushing your teeth, etc. Be creative and you can turn activities you already do into ways to improve your health.

22. Do Interval Workouts 3 days per week Intervals help you burn 30% More Calories per Workout and can help leave your metabolism elevated for up to 12 hours after each workout. Start with 5 or 10 minutes and work your way up to 30 minutes per workout.

23. Do No Excuses Workouts (NEWOs) 3 days per week You can do this quick and highly effective strength training workout right in your living room; no equipment is required. Start with 6 minutes and then graduate to 12, then 18 and then to 24 minutes.

Nutrition
    24. Eat breakfast within 1 hour of waking up This kick-starts your metabolism and gives you the energy to start your day right.

25. Never skip meals Skipping meals causes your metabolism to slow down and sends the signal to your body to store your next meal as fat in order to avoid starving.

26. Eat every 2 to 3 hours Have your 3 main meals and healthy snacks mid-morning and mid-afternoon to keep your metabolism buzzing.

27. Control your Portions Avoid having seconds and focus on eating until you are no longer hungry versus until you are full.

28. Drink 64 ounces of water per day, plus one additional ounce per minute of workout time You should be going to the bathroom at least once every 1 to 2 hours.

29. Limit yourself to one soda per day This is tough, but the excess sugar is not good for your health and can cause major ups and downs as far as your energy level. Instead, view your one soda as a treat and substitute in water for a healthier habit.

30. Limit yourself to one dessert once per week This could save you 300 calories per day on the six non-dessert days (1,800 calories per week). Since you have to burn 3,500 more calories than you consume to lose 1 pound, this new habit alone could lead to you losing 1 pound every two weeks or 26 pounds in one year!
  • susan2396
    Options
    No Excuses Quote of the Day:

"There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work and learning from failure." Colin Powell
  • Kookyk9s
    Kookyk9s Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    No Excuses Quote of the Day:

"There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work and learning from failure." Colin Powell

LOVE THIS QUOTE!!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @susan--thanks for the list--some good advice there! Also, I agree that kids seem so much smarter than we were. I think it's a combination of greater access to information and the competitive, test-score driven upbringing Millenials have experienced. Gen X was so much more laid back--so glad I was a part of it. :laugh: I read an interesting article on the differences in mindset and it was eye-opening. It still makes me sad when my students are literally having nervous break-downs b/c they are so stressed, but at least I have a better understanding of what's driving them to that extreme. The good news is that the article said things should start to swing back towards the middle as the Gen X offspring start to dominate society--since they were raised by more laid back parents. As far as the Donnie Darko--I hadn't seen it in years, but I still remembered the line about tearing the world apart which is how I knew my student was quoting the movie. :laugh:

@meister--sorry the meds are making you sick. Do you have any flexibility as to when you can take them? If so, could you take them before bed?

@beach--I also do much better when I pack a lunch--it keeps me from snacking on junk in the office.

@sjacobs--I've learned to accept the fluctuations on the scale as a reality. There are too many factors affecting body weight--hydration, sodium, muscle swelling from exercise--for me to have any expectation of consistency. I would be happy if I would just start to see some general movement downward on the scale. As susan said--patience.

@robin--thanks for the link! I just read through it and found it really interesting. I remember loving the movie when it came out, but I didn't realize Drew Barrymore produced it.

@tom--sorry you;ve been ill--lots of that going around. The messed up back stinks! Take care and ease back into the exercise slowly.

@kaye--wow--150 doughnuts!!! :noway: Sounds like you will be one busy lady!

@tracy--yes, the dress was VERY comfortable. In fact, my older sister went shopping with me and she's quite the slave to fashion. I would try on a dress and if it didn't look good with standard undergaments, it was a no-go. But she kest saying things like "you could wear Spanx" or "just get a bra adjuster to lower that strap" or "you could get it altered"--Um, no, no, and no. I insisted I would find something that fit nicely without all of that hooplah, and I was right! Regarding the cardio after lifting--some days it's harder than others. If I'm feeling spent, I do the stationary bike or elliptical as I find those easier than running. I will also skip the HIIT on days I've done a longer lifting session.

@kelley--I've found my students either love picking apart the text or they find it pointless--there's very little middle ground. Fortunately, with all honors and AP students, most of them enjoy the challenge.

@nettie--my DH doesn't need to lose any weight, but he surely could live a healthier lifestyle. He's been ok about altering some of his recipes to accomodate my calorie allowance, but he still likes his crappy food, too. He has a pretty physically demanding job--on his feet all day turning a wrench--so when I first asked him if he wanted to join the gym with me, he laughed. Now, I think he's starting to realize he probably should be doing some exercise. He's developing arthritis in his wrist, and his knees and hips are starting to hurt. I've told him he would have less pain in the joints if he strengthened the surrounding muscles, and he agrees I'm right. However, I doubt he will ever join a gym.

@gorilla--great job with the cardio! As for my students, the kid who said that wasn't being deep and philosophical--he was just being a smarta$$ quoting the movie. Fortunately for him, I have a sense of humor. :laugh:

@tammy--thanks! I didn't start any fires, but I felt good in it and seeing pictures of myself in it doesn't make me wince.:tongue:

Wed. Wish:
    Same as yesterday's goal--to get done with these AP essay. I'm at starbucks right now--will see what I can get through before heading to the store. I need to buy Halloween candy for tomorrow. My strategy for this holiday is simple--wait until the last minute to buy the candy, and then take all of the leftovers to school on Friday and give it to my students. Like gorilla, I will probably eat too much of it tomorrow, but one day won't make a difference in the long run.

Grading goals:
    1. 28/73 AP essays
    2. 16/16 AP analysis activities DONE
    3. x/55 Junior in-class essays (student teacher will do these)

Exercise goals:
    Mon-walk gunner DONE
    Tues--walk gunner DONE + gym (lift and HIIT) DONE
    Wed--walk gunner DONE + gym (lift and HIIT) NOT DONE (grading takes priority :grumble: )
    Thurs--walk gunner
    Fri--walk gunner
    Sat--walk gunner + gym (lift and HIIT)
    Sun--walk gunner + gym (5k)

Exercise & Weight:
    Bench press = 65
    Dead lift = 65
    Squat = 70
    Overhead press = 50

Upright row = 40 (kettle bell)
    Overhead tricep extension = 25 (dumbbell)
    Bicep curl = 15 (dumbbell)
    Lat pull down = 100
    Tricep pull down = 80
  • meisterkidd
    Options
    @Skinny- unfortunately not really. The one that's making me sick (metformin) is one that I'm supposed to take two times a day. Eventually I'm sure my body will get used to it... I hope. :C