How much $ is your gym membership?

Options

Replies

• fullersun50
    Options
    $126 per month for a family of four. It was around $60 when I was single.

Oh, I also have a membership to my corporate gym. That is $15 per month.
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Too much!! Rant ahead...

$64 for a (privately owned) gym that has old equipment, etc. But they are supposed to be opening a new location any day now!! And/or I plan to move in 2014 and hoping for better gym options.

We have one at work for $11 every 2 weeks but it is very clausterphobic/tiny and closed on weekends & holidays (and I dislkied working out 3 inches from co-workers).
  • cadaverousbones
    cadaverousbones Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    $0 because I don't have a gym membership and I'm poor! YAY
  • Mr_Starr
    Mr_Starr Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    $135 every 6 months ($22.5/month)

With a year around indoor pool, and an outdoor pool for 1/2 the year. All fitness classes (Zumba, Aerobics, Spin, Water arerobics, etc) are free with membership.
  • randrews0407
    randrews0407 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    $19.99 / mo. They went down to $9.99 / mo now but in order for me to take advantage I need a new membership to downgrade, which means a $120 fee. Which would suck away a whole year worth of savings :grumble:
  • KatM2014
    KatM2014 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I'm in the UK and I have a yearly membership for the gym at the university I work at - it costs the US equivalent of about $270 per year... so just over $20 per month, and that includes gym, swim and classes
  • sherrybaby81
    sherrybaby81 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Free!

Part of my apartment lease.
  • OliveBruises
    OliveBruises Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    $10/year at the local rec, through my boyfriend's sister's job.
  • acoustictones
    Options
    With annual fees mixed in there it averages out to about $13/month, but my job pays me $20/month if I have a membership.

So NET I make about $7/month :-)
  • FitWarrior7
    FitWarrior7 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    $36 a month with tax included for LA Fatness.
  • Val_from_OH
    Val_from_OH Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    We pay $100/month for a family membership at the Y. Includes access to three different Y facilities. The fee includes use of the fitness center, most adult classes, 2 pools, saunas, gymnasium, 2 hours of babysitting every day, and HUGE discounts on kids classes. For example, my son takes karate for $40/month (twice a week). The local dojos run approximately $135/month!
  • SkinnyFatAlbert
    SkinnyFatAlbert Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    $17.99 a month. It's ok but what kind of sucks is they have a $9.99 a month setup with the same benefits since BUT I'd have to pay the high "activation" fee and sign a new contract to switch rates. I'd probably do it if I was confident I was going to stay there longer but since I just moved I'll probably just switch gyms eventually.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    It's about $45 a month at Goodlife for a corporate membership (about $55 without the group discount). But I only have to pay $10 a month and work covers the rest! Love it!!!

And our new format gym opens in eight days, and it's a little bit closer to my office, so I won't be consistently 10 minutes late every lunch hour. :) I can't wait!!!
  • aelphabawest
    aelphabawest Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    $69/month here in DC.

I've seen it as low as $45, but the class options sucked, which is all I need the gym for - I run for my cardio, I just need peer pressure and structure for strength training. My gym has over 60 different classes - I go at least twice a week, so I figure I'm paying $8.50/class. Which is cheaper than yoga.

Crossfit is an additional $199/month... which is why I don't do it.
  • AllisonPlease
    AllisonPlease Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    24.99 for Corporate Membership at 24 Hr. Fitness Sport
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    $35 per month ymca
  • dantanjah
    dantanjah Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I pay $30 a month to go to the LA Fitness near my house but I use the gym in the basement of my office building almost every work day and it is free.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    FREE!
    I HATE THE DAM GYM!
    I DO IT ALL ON MY OWN!
    SAVE YOUR MONEY!
  • 1yoyoKAT
    1yoyoKAT Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    The Planet Fitness I joined has a special yearly rate of $99. Hard to beat that! Normally, it's only $10 a month for regular membership. I really like it there; it's clean and everything is well maintained. It's open 24 hours, except on Sat and Sun they close at 7pm.
  • SGTRizzuto
    SGTRizzuto Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am in the military and have access to new gym on base for free.