• AccioFitness
    AccioFitness Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Free dollars.

I like the way you think!
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    670 a yr for a family of 5. It has all the equipment, swimming, b ball courts, fitness classes with a few for the kiddos too, etc. Great for the whole family. It breaks down to about 11 per person. It was our family gift with our tax return, think we'll do it again next yr we have gotten so much use out of it.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    $10 a month, Gold's Gym basic membership. It's the one they won't tell you about/offer unless you ask. No classes or tanning bed or cardio theater, but full access to cardio machines and weights, which is why I joined a gym.
  • emaren
    emaren Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    I pay $20 / month for LA Fatness.

Plus $150 / month for BootCamp - I go 6 days / week, it has showers and it works for me.

Plus there is a community gym at home, but I barely use it.

Oh and I spend an average of $50 / month on bicycle parts / repairs

Add in protein shakes, fitness clothes and vast amounts of laundry and I am probably spending $300 / month on fitness...
  • Chelz2013
    Chelz2013 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    For me, my husband and child care it's $70/month
  • sassabella
    Options
    28 per fortnight. Thats in Australia at Goodlife Healthclubs.
  • hollyberry2012
    Options
    There's digging in the back yard, mowing in the front yard, weeding and gardening in the side yard...come on over, i wont charge you a dime;)
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Mine is included in tuition, so it's basically free to me even though I know I pay something for it. It's actually super huge and really nice though so I love it there but don't go too often because dealing with traffic/parking is annoying.
    And my apartment complex has a small gym that's also free, but it doesn't have much... 2 ellipticals, 2 treadmills, 2 stationary bikes, one leg machine, two arm machines.

and I have a membership to another gym where my parents live that's also free because it's ran by the hospital that my mom works at and employees and their families get free membership to that! I almost never use it, and it's like 90% people over 70 but it's decent and it's a good back up option when I visit.
  • theopenforum
    theopenforum Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    ehhh mine makes me want to cry

40 bucks for a single membership, now its 60 bucks cause I got a membership for my nephew. Ya know why Im here Im going to rant a bit about planet fitness. You know what really grinds me about them. I lost 160 lbs in the gym I am currently in and also built muscle at the same time. Now I look more like a football player than what I use to look like and I have learned alot from that. But if my gym was planet fitness, they would turn me away now. Never mind all the work and tears I put into getting where I am now. All that would matter is what I look like and what I lift. I am sorry if alot of weight hits the ground loudly and I choose to wear a tank top as opposed to a full shirt. MY BAD PLANET FITNESS THAT FOR 26 YEARS I WAS TOO ASHAMED TO WEAR THESE CLOTHES NOW THAT I CAN YOU WANT TO KICK ME OUT FOR IT?!!! I would never go to that gym.

Whew that felt good :)

I think I made some progress lol

Cheers,

Tof
  • Adw7677
    Adw7677 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    $16 a month or $120ish for a year. No contracts or automatic renewals. I use the gym at my local Parks & Rec center.
  • Adw7677
    Adw7677 Posts: 201 Member
    Options

40 bucks for a single membership, now its 60 bucks cause I got a membership for my nephew. Ya know why Im here Im going to rant a bit about planet fitness. You know what really grinds me about them. I lost 160 lbs in the gym I am currently in and also built muscle at the same time. Now I look more like a football player than what I use to look like and I have learned alot from that. But if my gym was planet fitness, they would turn me away now. Never mind all the work and tears I put into getting where I am now. All that would matter is what I look like and what I lift. I am sorry if alot of weight hits the ground loudly and I choose to wear a tank top as opposed to a full shirt. MY BAD PLANET FITNESS THAT FOR 26 YEARS I WAS TOO ASHAMED TO WEAR THESE CLOTHES NOW THAT I CAN YOU WANT TO KICK ME OUT FOR IT?!!! I would never go to that gym.

Cheers,

Tof

I've heard about that policy, and it's so ridiculous. People that are working out and minding their own business aren't intimidating. It's the ones hogging 3 machines at a time and being douchy when you say something about it. Or the people that are on their phone - not near the equipment - but when you go to use something they run over and say, "Hey, I'm using that. Sorry bro."

That *kitten* doesn't go to my gym anymore. Yay!

Congrats on your progress! Show off those hard-earned muscles!
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    24 hour fitness lifetime membership $55 per year, comes out to about $4.60 a month
  • MickeyBoo
    MickeyBoo Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    $10 a week, which includes a full range if equipment, weights and all classes, an Olympic sized swimming pool and PT sessions whenever I need them. No lock in contracts etc
  • theopenforum
    theopenforum Posts: 280 Member
    Options

Cheers,

Tof

I've heard about that policy, and it's so ridiculous. People that are working out and minding their own business aren't intimidating. It's the ones hogging 3 machines at a time and being douchy when you say something about it. Or the people that are on their phone - not near the equipment - but when you go to use something they run over and say, "Hey, I'm using that. Sorry bro."

That *kitten* doesn't go to my gym anymore. Yay!

Congrats on your progress! Show off those hard-earned muscles!

Ahahahahah I hate those douche types too. Ironically they dont approach me near as much as they use to when I was bigger lol ^_^

cheers
  • TruckersWifeTruckersLife
    Options
    I live to far from a gym so I found one when I walk in the door its $12 and I can use any of the gym equipment
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    free
  • ash190489
    ash190489 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    $11.95 per week = $621.40 per year - (Australia) & this is a very very good weekly rate for the gym that I am at (others pay $20 if not more per week to be a member of the same gym I believe!!!! I just got a very good deal!!)
  • hellakitties
    hellakitties Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My gym charges PHP 1,500 (about $35) for membership and then ~$35 every month.
  • Beckaroo94
    Options
    I pay £28 per month for my uni gym (5 min walk-no excuses!) which includes fitness classes
  • amandajones1978
    Options
    I pay $64/ month for Lifetime Fitness, pricey but it has a LOT of amenities.

24 hours, TONS of cardio and weights, free yoga classes, free group classes, indoor leisure pool and indoor track pool, outdoor pool with slides, saunas, hot tubs, steam rooms, free lotions-shampoos-conditioners in the locker room, the list just goes on. They also offer free demo classes on equipment every month. My gym just recently got all new treadmills and weight machines. Staff is friendly and awesome and they also have a cafe and hair salon/spa. I also get perks now and then for massages or free training. I am happy with what I am paying for.

I also pay $250 / month on top of that to have a trainer for an hour every week. This guy keeps me on track with my workouts and my nutrition plan.

When you look at it at cost, yes..its a freaking car payment. But I could spend this money on junk, or use it to improve my health.