Anyone else miss drinking??!!!

Options

Replies

• Brallen1969
    Options
    It sounds like we need a MFP keg party when we reach our goals! JK(kinda)!!

I am in for the keg party!!!!!!!!
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Miss it?? Hell no, I drink. I also eat ALL the foods. This is life now. Everything in moderation.
  • loserbaby84
    loserbaby84 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I'll be honest .. I miss the social aspect of "drinking". The people I drank with I no longer hang out with as that's what they do and they are also the mentality of "if you're not drinking, you're not having a good time".

Sometimes you just have to move on and find new people to do things with .. That's my outcome anyways :)
  • perfect_storm
    perfect_storm Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I have red wine but count it in my diary, I just watch closely all day so I can have it and stay w/in my calorie goal. I usually use my exercise calories.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I'm pregnant, I miss drinking! I don't drink very often anyway, but now I can't, I suddenly miss it lol.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Generally, when I miss drinking, it's a sign that I've had too much.

thismovieisthereasonidevelopedadrinkingproblem_c0223eccff0df71ed40001e5695de597.jpeg
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    HELL NO! In fact, I think I will drink to this post. Who's with me? :drinker:
  • YesIAm17
    YesIAm17 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the replies! I do still have a drink or two on a Friday night - and yup the buzz is much quicker! I just really don't enjoy "light" beers - I'm a guinness girl through and through which is not super helpful right now!

Guinness is one of the lower cal beers out there. About 120 cals/12 oz IIRC.

I did cut down when I started to lose weight, but then I think that a large part of the reason I put on weight was I was drinking too much! Now, I just fit it in. Couple of craft beer or homebrews a night, no problems.

oooo man.... I wish I knew that Guinness was only 120 sooner... *runs to store buys 12 pack*
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    I'm pregnant, I miss drinking! I don't drink very often anyway, but now I can't, I suddenly miss it lol.

Congrats! Yes, I remember mourning the alcohol as well.
  • allisonrinkel
    allisonrinkel Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I miss drinking Beer. Lot's of frothy delicious carb laden beer.

I have found that President's Choice brand 2.5g of Carb Beer to be satisfying. Not watered down like Michelob's Ultra (or whatever their low carb beer is). I'm not sure if you can buy PC beer anywhere other than Canada though.
    Canadian's are pretty lucky with the selection of awesome Beers here in the north!!
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    HELL NO! In fact, I think I will drink to this post. Who's with me? :drinker:

Not yet - I have Rugby Training in a bit....followed by the pub, obviously.

Saturdays match seems to have been judiciously timed so that we should be done and changed by the time England kick off. I can see that afternoon vanishing too.......
  • MyPureSteez
    MyPureSteez Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I thought I did until I drank last weekend and found out it's overrated! Taste like crap, Cost too much, & makes you not feel like crap.
  • allisonrinkel
    allisonrinkel Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Generally, when I miss drinking, it's a sign that I've had too much.

thismovieisthereasonidevelopedadrinkingproblem_c0223eccff0df71ed40001e5695de597.jpeg
    This made me laugh so hard
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options

Congrats! Yes, I remember mourning the alcohol as well.

This is my third, and the third Xmas I haven't been able to drink! Bad planning lol.
  • bluelena
    bluelena Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I miss nothing. I drink ALL the wine (and craft beer.) I just fit it in, or if I go over I try to exercise a little more the next day.

Wine and beer for me, as well. Good beer. Craft beer. None of that skinny low-carb beer. Gross.

Hydration is important to me. I do try to drink plenty of water while I'm imbibing.

As long as I don't hit above TDEE on a regular basis (I save those episodes for 'once in a blue moon'), I don't stress about "going over". It all works itself out in the end.

It does help that most of the time I have beer is with my running club after we've done about 3-5 miles. :drinker:
  • brandierich
    brandierich Posts: 1,087
    Options
    I don't miss it I always just remember the feeling the next day! :sick:
  • UpandRunning2013
    UpandRunning2013 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I celebrated my weight loss goal with keg stands and beer bongs, yeah, thought i was 16 again... I CAME TO AN IMPORTANT CONCLUSION... IM NOT! i puked the whole way home in the passenger seat, all over my car... my husband was so mad at me... then i got home, puked all over my bed, my bath tub, my carpet... It was horrible... NEVER AGAIN!

This is how you avoid working those calories off the next day LMAO...

ha ha...too true!
  • Derf_Smeggle
    Derf_Smeggle Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    As a part of my weight loss plan, I cut out almost all processed sugar. That meant giving up my Sailor Jerry's and Coke.

As a compromise though I will have a Makers Mark (bourbon) on the rocks 2 times a week when I am out with friends. That's about 180 to 200 calories I try to plan into my 2 days.

Works out great.
  • danofthedead1979
    danofthedead1979 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a drink in ages. Don't miss it really. It triggers snacking for me. The payoff? Getting to the weight I want to be and looking and feeling great :)
    If you have to drink, log it and then work it off the next day. Simples!
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    I celebrated my weight loss goal with keg stands and beer bongs, yeah, thought i was 16 again... I CAME TO AN IMPORTANT CONCLUSION... IM NOT! i puked the whole way home in the passenger seat, all over my car... my husband was so mad at me... then i got home, puked all over my bed, my bath tub, my carpet... It was horrible... NEVER AGAIN!

Hey but, you got rid of all that water weight!