How much $ is your gym membership?

Options
167891012»

Replies

• ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    $40/mo, but it has a pool, sauna, basketball court.. Pretty much the works. Even has cute little hair dryers in the ladies room, I haven't see the male area, so no idea what theirs is like.
  • tomwatso
    tomwatso Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    $19.99 at Planet Fitness (Black card member).
  • smaihlee
    smaihlee Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    $76/month for a family membership at our YMCA. It's a new building and I'll admit that was a huge draw. There are 2 pools, a sauna, steam room, and hot tub. Gym, racquetball courts, indoor track, plus all the machines & weights. Lots of group classes (including spin) included in membership, plus other programs/classes for a little extra $$ (boot camp, karate, TRX, etc.). Of course, showers & lockers rooms. My favorite feature is that the facility is adjacent to a 2-mile paved "rail trail".
  • benefiting
    benefiting Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I pay $25.90 p/f I believe at Genesis in Australia. That's only because I got a special offer with mine though apparently. It includes the classes they do there too.
  • benefiting
    benefiting Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    We pay $66 a month for a family membership. This includes indoor pool, steam room, sauna, hot tub, kids zone daycare, a very well equipped gym, and many classes (zumba, spinning, circuit training, step, kickboxing). In addition, there are extra sports activities such as dance, soccer, basketball, swimming, and softball for the kids for a nominal fee. :heart: it.

That sounds excellent!
  • pamt1999
    Options
    $10/month for both my son and I at WOW fitness. Annual maintenance fee of $39 each.
  • krisflower19
    krisflower19 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Mine is part of my rent (university) but next year it will be $180 for the year or $18 dollars a month I am there
  • charleyreedto175
    charleyreedto175 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Gym membership cost = Zero Dollars. I walk into my home gym. It has just about all I need.
  • helpfit101
    helpfit101 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I'm converting from another currency but I think I pay what works out to about 49USD/month except my job refunds up to like 52USD/month so I don't pay anything.

They have free classes but I'm not taking any of those. They don't have a squat rack or a barbell but they told me they've already purchased them and are waiting to remodel. They will at that time have dumbbells that go above 50lbs aswell.

I do work out at home sometimes too. That's free.
  • ellskiNZ
    ellskiNZ Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My membership alone is $56 NZD but I spend extra for a personal trainer once a week ($60/session). No joining fee, no fixed term. It's quite cheap for here, but it's fairly no-frills, one of those 24/7 places.
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Home Gym = $0

Navy Gym = $0 and better views. ;)
  • succeedin2
    succeedin2 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I pay $60 a month but $5 is for my lockeri keep there it's open 24 hours and they offer at least one major class even on the holidays and the instructors are great, I think it's a bargain I love it because (1) Marci Crozier from Season 11 Biggest Loser is our GM, (2) I have got to meet and work out with 10 or more of my favorite Contestants from Biggest Loser plus the trainer Brett (3) it's a 10,000+ member gym so it's a happening place member mixers, (4) I love the staff they are great, (5) it's a full spa connected to the building, (6) they have Parisi Speed School, (7) 10 Raquetball Rooms, (8) tennis courts, (9) ladies only workout area, (10) nice cafe good food & protein smoothies, (11) trainers are great ( 12) nice heated pool & also an Olympic Pool, (13) Cardio Theatre TV's on most of the equipment, (14) Les Mills Classes & lots of classes, (15) White Sox Training offers batting practice, (16) private area rowers and (17) men love the fact that they have 2 locker rooms one they pay extra and get one with TV, sofa & weights, (18) private dressing rooms lastly the instructors challenge me they know my name and make it seem smaller. Last reason weekends 1-6 Family Charge and no cost day care.
  • XTSH
    XTSH Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    The price I'm paying is about 72 USD/mth. The package is for 24mth + 2mth(FOC). Have showers, lockers, weight & fat analyzer machine. There's yoga, spinning and group exercise studio as well but I never really use them. Basically, just paying for the equipment. Trying to go 5 times a week to get the most out of my $.
  • sydneybeachgirl
    Options
    I live in Sydney - one of the most expensive cities in the world.

My gym membership is 60dollars per month for a high tech gym (excellent treadmills, rowers, cross trainers, rpm, kettleballs, weights, kinesis walls, trx, powerplates, foam rollers) they have a choice of 120 group exercise classes a week (Starting at 7am finishing at 7pm) and very reasonably priced PT. They also have a sauna, a 25m pool with 4 lanes and a spa...oh and an indoor climbing wall.
  • Rokikio79
    Rokikio79 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I got a great goupon for a local gym that is right across the street from where I work and 5 minute drive from my house. I get to pay $290 for an entire year ($29 per month) as I got two months off the price due to the groupon! Very happy with my decision to join last month. It's a smaller gym but they have great classes (only 1 or 2 you have to pay extra for).
  • adiggs2777
    adiggs2777 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    $20 for Charter Fitness. There is a $10 membership too, but I'm too lazy to change mine because I would have to change my "home" gym from the one by my work which I never go to, to the one by my house that I go to, and that just involves too much paperwork. I can go to any Charter or Cardinal Fitness and can bring a buddy with my extra $10!.
  • GettingDBack
    GettingDBack Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I work on a military base as a civilian. I get to use the gym on base for free. They have a pool, spin room, indoor track and offer other classes like yoga, kickboxing etc. They also have a large weight room with plenty of free weights and cardio machines.
  • samyGrl87
    samyGrl87 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    we pay 59 that's including 2 adults and 2 children (day care)
  • WoWkat
    WoWkat Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Free, kind of.

I have an AWESOME 24 hour gym in my building (we even have kettle bells and balance platforms), but the rent is INCREDIBLY high, so while the gym is technically "free", I'm paying for it with my crazy high rent.

My employer reimburses 50% of any health club fees, so if I were to join a "real" gym it would at least be at a discounted rate.
  • afrodizzia
    afrodizzia Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    £109 per year = $170. Its a work gym (university). It is really well stocked with equipment 2 cardio suites, weights room, 2 squash courts, sports hall, swimming pool and sauna/ steam room. They also offer all your popular types of fitness classes and personal trainers and membership to various sports clubs. We are currently building an extension so looking forward to it being bigger and better next year.

My only gripe is that they only open at 7 am and it gets packed really during fresher's week. :frown: