Anyone else miss drinking??!!!

Options

Replies

• Lunnunis
    Lunnunis Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    It's worth weighing out your drinks to get the right measure. I do this if at home. Put the glass on the scale base, set to 0 then pour. As you say it's far too easy to kid yourself how much you are having.
  • Holmen1
    Holmen1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    HELL NO! I DRINK ANY TIME I WANT
    just work it off.
  • Lunnunis
    Lunnunis Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm in my 50s and I did wince a bit at the advice to binge and work it off. Think of your livers! But I guess people in their 20s and 30s don't always worry about health so much. And I admit to drinking more than I should at times myself, though have had to cut right down recently owing to taking medication.
  • Holmen1
    Holmen1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I LOVE HAPPY HOUR! Sadly the scale isn't going down. I go to the gym 3-5 days a week and try to stick to 1200 cal. not counting my Mich Ultra and not just one. Hope to start seeing more results.
  • BakerRunnerBadass
    BakerRunnerBadass Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Miss it?? Hell no, I drink. I also eat ALL the foods. This is life now. Everything in moderation.

This, I find if I try to give up anything to loose weight I gain back once I add things back in and I don't want to be on a restrictive diet for the rest of my life.
  • lydiaannepage
    lydiaannepage Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Quit complaining and DRINK

http://getdrunknotfat.com/

Wow - never heard of that website before - it's great - Thank you!! Downloaded the app :drinker:
  • LGS1974
    Options
    I drink half a bottle of wine x 2 per week.

I think 1200 is probably too low.

Today I burned over 900 cals at the gym - that's my wine calories for the weekend.
  • Ke22yB
    Ke22yB Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Seems like I am bucking the trend here It has been 5 years plus on my weight loss journey and I stopped drinking the first day fearful of never having a drink again and how I could do it since I drank every day before, Long story short it has made my weight loss easier to maintain eating healthy calories and not having to set aside calories for Martinis my favorite drink of choice( or straight gin really) I am closing in on my last goal and really could drink now in moderation if I chose and did have some wine 3 years ago on vacation and woke the next morning to go out to run feeling clammy with a yuchy mouth and have not had a drink since. So I have gone from how am I going to live without drinking to how could I ever go back and drink it makes me feel so crappy the next morning.
    Drinking is a very personal thing if you can control it and drink occasionally or in moderation you have to know you body then fine if you are like me who drank too much and your better off without it won't kill you to not drink
  • joolywooly33
    joolywooly33 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    So much I haven't stopped! I need to cut it out tho it is making me plateau................
  • BobOki
    BobOki Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    100ml of Makers Mark 46 is like 86 cals.
  • its_go_time
    its_go_time Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Nope, not one bit. And it isn't just alcohol that I don't drink anymore either. Pop, juice, whatever. It's all gone now with the exception of milk once in a while.
  • gailnow
    gailnow Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have read about all the harmful effects that drinking cause so I decided that as of tomorrow - I'm nit going to read any more!! :)
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    HELL NO! I DRINK ANY TIME I WANT
    just work it off.

This, just work it in to the calories
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Nope, I allow myself some tipple, though right now I feel like I never want to drink again, ever. I had a bottle of wine to drink last night. Too much and now my head hurts.
  • dk50
    dk50 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Not giving up my weekend wine ......plan on adding more exercise that day to compensate the extra calorie's it work's for me.....and yes Monday's are tough if I added the meat and cheese tray and let's not forget the olive's....
  • hotpinklou
    Options
    It is super hard not to have a drink. Especially in social situations.

Have you considered asking your friends to join your new exercise and nutrition regime?

I have converted a few of my friends and made new ones along the way.

Instead of going for a meal or drinks, I go running with my friends. We have time to chat and catch up without ruining our lives.

Lou x
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    This thread reminds me that I need to pick up some beer for the weekend.

Thanks!

:smile:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Anyone else wish that alcohol was as calorie free as water?!

Dear Lord, NO!!! I'd be a huge lush if it was. I do still drink though.
  • nikkylyn
    nikkylyn Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Not really. But I kinda slowed down on drinking once I had kids. Ages 4, 3, and 1. Im too tired to drink. Id rather sleep. HAHA

I do drink occasionally like twice a yr. Usually when on vacation.
  • rileyhunter169
    Options
    I'm more into performance. As long as my squat goes up and my run times go down; I will keep my once/twice a week drinking and heavy eating. Abs are underrated anyways, even though I can see the out lines.