Share your weird habits and rituals

Options
123457»

Replies

• bepeejaye
    bepeejaye Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Teehee :-) :-)
    We all have them, admit it. I'm talking about the ones that no one or only a few people know about. The things you do while no one is looking.

For example, I'll share mine. Every morning before I put on my tie, I kiss it like a priest kisses his vestments before putting them around his neck. Hell, I'm not even Catholic.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    I have rules for eating my food. I have always eaten everything separately, and can't eat in an amalgamated way. When I do this, I eat the things I like the least first, and save the things I like the best for last. There are some exceptions. For instance, french fries will always be eatne first as the congeeled grease is gross, and nobody likes cold fries.

Even when I eat casseroles, soups or stews I follow this pattern. For stew I will eat all the peas first, then the celery, then the carrots, then the potatoes, then the meat, and then I will have the borth (maybe with bread - another exeception)
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I eat my McD's cheeseburger in a circle, eating my way to the center so that my last bite or two gets pickle.

OH, when I am in a restaurant, I have to have my back against a wall, and if that isn't possible I at least have to be pointed in the direction of the door. I have no idea why, but if I sit the other way I am uncomfortable through the whole meal.
  • bepeejaye
    bepeejaye Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Me too!! Someone called me a hermit. I gladly accepted the sentiment :-)
    I eat candy corn in three bites. First the yellow, then the white, then the orange.

hehe me too!.

Plus I have issues with parking. I hate to park to close to a car or the line. I would rather park at the furthest spot them park near someone. Hate door dings. I have been known to drive around park, not like it and find another spot and do it again.
  • Andreaviolet89
    Andreaviolet89 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I have to have my feet covered by blankets when i go to bed so that the boogie man wont grab them as i fall asleep lol.

My shoes all have to be side by side but not touching in the right order DO NOT put them on top of each other.

I have to check that I locked my door when I leave like 3 times. OMG im a crazy person.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    I eat my McD's cheeseburger in a circle, eating my way to the center so that my last bite or two gets pickle.

OH, when I am in a restaurant, I have to have my back against a wall, and if that isn't possible I at least have to be pointed in the direction of the door. I have no idea why, but if I sit the other way I am uncomfortable through the whole meal.

I have both of these. The seating thing, I am told, has to do with PTSD. Along with that, when I am at the gym, and on the cardio equipment, I constantly find myself looking over my shoulder to see who is behind me the whole time I am working out.
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I have to dream of what to wear for the next morning, else I will spend ridiculous amounts of time dilly-dallying...trying to make up my mind...whew!!
    I was w you and deemed you normal up until that. Now, that...SMH.:laugh:
    I have to have my feet covered by blankets when i go to bed so that the boogie man wont grab them as i fall asleep lol.

My shoes all have to be side by side but not touching in the right order DO NOT put them on top of each other.

I have to check that I locked my door when I leave like 3 times. OMG im a crazy person.
    Completely normal. I do it, too. I have restless leg syndrome and sometimes, I try to get comfortable, and hanging my legs on the side of the bed helps, but I just can't leave them on the side of the bed. Just can't. I'll just be uncomfortable til I fall asleep. :laugh:

I also close and lock either my bedroom door or the door that leads to my bedroom door at night. I recently started leaving one of the doors open during the day. But, one is always closed/locked. Never know when someone will break in. One more barrier that they have to get through, right?
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    I almost never weigh myself in the morning until I have gone to the bathroom twice and have had 2 good BM's.
  • RunningMs
    RunningMs Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm a book sniffer.

Saaaaaaame.

Another Book sniffer here!...I also do it with magazines!

When running, I must be chewing peppermint gum. I have skipped runs on days when I don't have any gum.
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I have to smell everything I put into my mouth, ever.. (ok, I'm just talking about food here)

And I have to smell anything "new" (books, shoes, dvds). My husband makes fun of me for it.