cant poop! tried everything! pretty please help!

Options

Replies

• starrycarina
    Options
    Enema? Or you could call your doctor and ask about upping your dosage of Miralax. I had to have a colonoscopy last year due to some health problems and the doctor prescribed an entire container of Miralax before the procedure so I know it can't hurt you but you'd still probably better consult your doctor first about it. You could likely call and talk to the nurse, assuming you do have a family doctor. They can often help with things like that. One single dose of Miralax isn't going to cut it if you're that backed up. Call your family doctor and ask to speak to the nurse. That's what I'd do if I were you.
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    OP, that sounds serious. You need to go to your doctor right away. There's a reason that doctors want you to use the restroom before you leave the hospital. Call your doctor.

FYI, even if you try the suggestions in this thread and they work, don't you want to know what caused it? Just go to your doctor.
  • astartig
    astartig Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a question for your doctor.

^this.. get to a doctor soon. you have something going on. that's not at all normal and has nothing to do with any past calorie restrictions.

Coconut oil really works amazingly well too (as a side note) but seriously.. go to your doctor.
  • Fredsdl2
    Options
    When my daughter was a baby she had this issue and believe it or not giving her a big tsp of brown sugar was an easy cure, and one we swear by.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    Do you eat enough fat? Ps why is non Greek yogurt unhealthy? I wonder about your diet if you have issues around Greek v non Greek yogurt.
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Prunes, hot coffee with cream, eat more fat in general, 3 things that help me.

But at this stage I strongly advise going to the doctor.
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I drink 1-2 cups of apple juice, does the trick everytime!
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    SEE.....

A...............

DOCTOR!!!

My goodness - I wouldn't even question that you need to figure this out!!!!
    yes.

what you are describing isn't normal - especially if you say it's accompanied by bloating.
  • Nimnyn
    Nimnyn Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Eating a ton of fiber can actually make you *more* constipated if you don't drink enough water. Also, eating not enough healthy fats can interfere with the system.
  • rb16fitness
    rb16fitness Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    OP please see a doctor, you can go halves on a cab with 3x a day poop guy! You both need help.
  • pinkprincess1952
    pinkprincess1952 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    The best thing that will make you go if there is anything up there is an enama... you can purchase them at walgreens...
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    With it being the weekend, I'd almost consider a trip to the ER depending on your health insurance. Maybe that would be a little extreme, but depending on how ling this has been going in.
  • christinehyh
    christinehyh Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Are you having enough fruits and veg??

I tend to have a bowl of veg and an orange per day and it helps but you really should see a doctor.
  • AronKishore
    Options
    1. Talk to your doctor
    2. Get a colonic :)

I hope you feel better.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    GO TO THE DOCTOR. Don't accept medical advice from random people on the Internet. GO TO THE DOCTOR. A gastroenterologist.

^^^^^ this

and don't take over the counter medicines for it without seeing a doctor first. Some gastric problems laxatives can make it worse. So see a doctor first, if a laxative is necessary the doctor will prescribe it.
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Try a couple of fiber one bars a day. Those should loosen you up. The bars not the brownies. The bars have more fiber.
  • rosanna421
    rosanna421 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    i noticed adding edamame in my diet made a big difference. I get a huge pack from costco, they are frozen individual packs. its amazing the difference it makes. i would add 1-3 portion packs a day, 158 cals per pack, and see if it makes a difference.
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    As far as the 5 months of TOM, see your dr. I had that going on years ago and had fibroids. Take iron supplements for all the blood loss. That is probably why you are light headed. The swelling is not good that should probably be the first thing you have checked out.
  • bob_day
    Options
    For OP --

You may have some bad stuff in your gut microbiome. Get approval from your doctor first, but consider taking a course of an antibiotic, say amoxycillin, to clean out your microbiome. Then regenerate it by eating just a normal healthful diet - whole grains, veggies, fruit, dairy, a little non-red meat, etc. Stop taking the enzymes and MiraLAX. Stop all the extremes you've been going to -- just normal amounts of everything, including water and fiber (around, say 30 or 35 grams per day of fiber should be just fine).
  • Elpaw4mbv
    Elpaw4mbv Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I had to read your post more than once...3x a month? Definitely go see your doctor, or if you can't get in to see him/her quickly - go to a "doc in the box" or the ER. This is not normal.

That said, things that have worked for me or my kids when the, er, going gets rough or stopped. (in order of preference)

1) Eat three dried apricots before bed
    2) Have some prunes (no more than 4) before bed
    3) Eat something really greasy or high in fat
    4) OTC Laxative

Have you considered a stool softener? Just saying, cuz if it has been this long between poops - you don't want to risk getting the dreaded "roids"...ouch.