cant poop! tried everything! pretty please help!

Options

Replies

• bethaneyjayne
    Options
    my first thoughts were that you may be consuming TOO MUCH FIBRE, not enough water and not enough fat. without fat and water the fibre will be "stuck" and clogging you up worse. I suffer from this, but some coconut oil, lots of water and no fibre supplements for a couple of days, just veg and a little fruit instead seem to fix it.
  • pugilistatrest
    Options
    To the person who said they had no idea women pooped before this post, that was funny!
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Teaspoon of castor oil = thunder down under.

Healthy regular poop = about 1 foot of poop per day.

Also, Greek yogurt is not unhealthy. Make sure it's not stuffed with gelatin and cornstarch, but real yogurt with active probiotic cultures.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I drink Smooth Move tea and Shakeology. Helps me!

Says the beachboy coach. :laugh:
  • Bunnyeye
    Options
    Hey so sorry to hear. it sounds like too much fibre ? I too had a problem with the fibre stuff initially starting out and Boy Oh Boy .hell had no FURY like that period my intestines/bowels felt as I was going toooooo Explode and no action further down the end organs !!! Do get some appt with your local Practitioner?!!! x
  • jkp1295
    jkp1295 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try Senna Tea. You can find it at most health food stores.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Magnesium citrate in the vitamin aisle. Try 450-500mg once or twice a day. It works, and you can take it daily.
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    I didn't read through everything. Just wanted to say your story was the exact same as mine 6 months ago. No pain, nothing crazy, just never seemed to go. Once or twice a month was normal for me.
    I kept treating it myself, with magnesium citrate and natural diuretics of every kind. Until, one morning, I woke in serious pain. That was what it took for me to go figure it out for good.
    Turns out, the pain was my first experience of an IBS attack (I have had 2 more since) and I was diagnosed with IBS-C.
    I am not on any medication or major treatment plan for it currently (because I am pregnant, it isn't considered safe) and am just controlling it with diet.
    Your issue may not be the same as mine, but regardless - please don't do what I did and ignore it until its a serious problem.
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    Adding: If you have celiac disease, IBS or any other bowel disorder/bowel disease much of the advice given here could potentially cause more problems.
    No need to run to the ER, come Monday morning go see a doctor. It isn't that scary and, as long as you avoid hositpals, not very expensive either. Mine was $90.
    Money well spent to invest in a healthier, more aware, you.
  • blkxpressions
    blkxpressions Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Warning!!! At this point, you need to see your doctor. If nothing else has worked, you may have a possible blockage. That's not safe. I wouldn't take anything else for it until you have seen or spoken with your Dr.
  • Herbalife_KC
    Options
    Pooping 3 times a month is definitely not okay. A healthy pooper goes at least 2 to 3 times a day. I would call your doctor.

2-3 times per day???? No that doesn't seem normal either....

It can be perfectly normal. Regularity is what's important, if you poop thrice a day, or take a massive dump every three days, it doesn't matter, as long as it's a regular schedule.

Pooping 2-3 times a day IS normal. I would rather take many easy quick poops, than a painful *kitten* hour long dump.....Try Aloe Vera (internal).
  • Granville_Cocteau
    Granville_Cocteau Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Water intake with all that fiber? And are you on any painkillers? Bc that will block it up.
  • angrodriguez92
    angrodriguez92 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I didn't read everything that has been reccomended. However, I would try cutting lactose/dairy from your diet. Maybe you are intolerant. In lactose intolerant, and I reacted similarly. Now that my body is without it, if I accidentally consume it I get stomach pains, constipation, bloating for a week, and acne. But when I was eating it all the time and it was insidiously poisoning me lol I was just constipated and bloated all the time. Gluten or soy or corn are some other possibilities. I have a few sensitives myself, but what you described sounds like lactose to me. I hope you get it sorted out :/
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I had one day today where it was bad for maybe the second time in my life. It's horrible.. how can you stand it? I got prune juice, I'm sure I'll be ok by tomorrow. Don't put up with it!
  • wjstoj
    wjstoj Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    heh heh...poop
  • ScottF83
    ScottF83 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    So did you poop?
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Not enough oils from natural sources in your diet, like Extra virgin olive oil, avocado, nuts, butter, coconut oil, egg yolks.

Lower carbs, increase protein and fats.
  • shayemimi
    shayemimi Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    So did you poop?

lol I read this entire thread, wondering the same thing... lol
  • LifeItself
    Options
    Swiss Kriss, magnesium citrate, and coffee.
  • fugeyy
    Options
    Sorry you cant poop! that really stinks. i tried miralax