Twenty Somethings Week 1

Options

Replies

• kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Hey there friends! Sorry I didn't post earlier today. I was pretty busy. BUT...I did good! No workout today, but I stayed within calories! Last night I did end up having some drinks: 2 pineapple upsidedown cake shots (86 calories each) and 1 Blue UV Vodka Lemonade (280 calories) but still stayed within my calories for the day. Today I did good food-wise. Here was the menu:

Breakfast:
    1 blueberry bagel with 2 tbsp. fat free strawberry cream cheese, 8 oz. diet cran-grape juice, 1 med. banana, 1 multivitamin.

AM snack:
    2 c. coffee with 2 tbsp. fat free vanilla caramel creamer, 1 soft baked TLC blackberry graham bar

Lunch:
    1 carb balance whole wheat fajita with 1 tbsp. fat free cream cheese, 3 slices turkey lunch meat and fresh spinach, 14 baby carrots, 1 diet coke.

Afternoon snack:
    1 med. apple

Dinner:
    Homemade Chicken tenders with 2 tbsp. ketchup, 1 Red baked potato with 3 sprays I can't believe it's not butter spray, 1 c. green beans.

PM Snack:
    1/2 c. Raspberry sherbet and 4 tbsp. Cool whip Free.

SO...within calories and feeling great! Can't wait to weigh in on Tuesday!!!!!

Good night friends! I'll check back tomorrow!!!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Happy Monday Morning friends! :drinker: I hope you all had a FANTASTIC weekend! I know I sure did! Here's the meal plan for today:

Breakfast:
    1 c. Multigrain cheerios with 1/2 c. skim milk, 1 med. banana, 8 oz. diet cran-grape juice, 1 multivitamin

AM Snacks:
    2 c. coffee, 2 tbsp. sugar free vanilla caramel creamer, 1 Soft-baked TLC blackberry graham bar

Lunch:
    1/2 c. cottage cheese, 3 Melba toast crackers, 14 baby carrots, 1 diet coke, 1 AE Yo Lite Yogurt

Afternoon Snacks:
    1 c. grapes, 2 chocolate rice cakes, Nature Valley Pecan Crunch granola bar

Dinner:
    HomeMade Chicken tender salad with Italian spritzer dressing and Fat Free Motzerella, 1/2 c. leftover Chedder Chicken Broccoli & Rice soup

PM Snacks:
    Depends on workout...probably Sherbet with Cool whip or strawberries.

Workout plan: 1/2 hour running on treadmill and 1 hour Body Pump class

Good Luck everyone and let's have a GREAT Monday!!!!!! :bigsmile: And...tomorrow a new post and a NEW weight!!!!! :wink:
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    good morning everyone

happy monday !!!!!

breakfast
    1 benefit yogurt 70cal
    3 cups coffe sugar free creamer 90 cal
    1 apple 70 cal

11am snack
    fiber one peanut butter bar

lunch
    lean cuisine bowl 240 cal
    diet cherry pepsi

snack
    om my :noway: i forgot to bring a snack today maybe someone will bring in some peaches 70 cal
    2 cups water w/ fiber mix 10 cal

dinner
    sloppy joes with 1/2 a wheat bun 350 cal
    salad w/ spray dressing 25cal

snack:
    hmmmm dont know

treadmill 60 mins too hot outside dont want another episode like saturday hope everyone has a good day :flowerforyou:
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    shouldnt we start week 2 now?

Im back from a caloric explosion of a vacation, but it was fun camping (lots of beer)
    but I managed to watch what I ate for the most part, I havent weighed myself yet, so I dont know if I went back up. I tend to weigh in every 1.5-2 weeks anyway.
    Today I had my usual english muffin with pb for breakfast with a trail mix bar,
    I have some left over macaroni for lunch
    for dinner we are having some pork chops (very lean) with mixed veggies.
    exercise today is arms

Curls, rows etc for 35 min and treadmill/jogging for 35 min.
  • kistinbee
    Options
    shouldnt we start week 2 now?

We started the challenge on a Tuesday...so tomorrow:wink:
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    good morning;
    had a nice off program weekend. so far so good today. i hate being off, because than it is hard to get back. i know the scale told me i ate. can't wait to weigh in to see what happens.
    ttyl, chipper
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I'm excited to check in tomorrow :happy:

My mission for today is to make sure I get enough cals in. I tried yesterday but ended up having a few hundred cals after 9pm because I had 600 left to eat :noway:

I teach stroller fitness today so I know I'll burn a lot.

So, I have to share this tip with everyone!! Yesterday at the store I picked up a copy of Clean Eating Magazine. I read about it in Oxygen Magazine (LOVE IT!) and wanted to check it out. I must say, it is a MUST HAVE for anyone on this path. FULL of fabulous recipes with full nutritional break downs and exactly the kind of thing we all want. Check out cleaneatingmag.com :happy:
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Lets just say i started out this week awsome... BUT my parents came in to town for my nieces first bday and wham... dinner and breakfast with my family is so crazy and tradtion... i did bad but TODAY is monday and I did have breakfast with them but it was a small one... lets see how this week goes... i was down but am afraid of the scale right now... I do have to walk to work and home this whole week GREAT 45 min of heavy walkin in the hot heat.... each way so.. that will help.... I CAN DO THIS I HAVE I just need to keep going and stop listening to everyone else.... THanks for listening....

breakfast

2 scrambled eggs
    2 sausage links
    2 potato pancakes.... YEAH I KNOW

lunch

tuna on wheat with 1 tsp mirical whip
    kiwi
    snack
    fiber one bar

dinner
    homemeade stuffed shells...(my recipie so good)
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Lets just say i started out this week awsome... BUT my parents came in to town for my nieces first bday and wham... dinner and breakfast with my family is so crazy and tradtion... i did bad but TODAY is monday and I did have breakfast with them but it was a small one... lets see how this week goes... i was down but am afraid of the scale right now... I do have to walk to work and home this whole week GREAT 45 min of heavy walkin in the hot heat.... each way so.. that will help.... I CAN DO THIS I HAVE I just need to keep going and stop listening to everyone else.... THanks for listening....
    You can totally do it, spaul!!!! I have faith! Just need to keep at it! And you're right...don't listen to everyone else...only YOU!:flowerforyou:
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Not to be mean or anything,
    but has anyone else noticed a few non-20-somethings?
    get the heck out and start your 30,40,50 somethings!
    just kidding!
    but yea, just wondering if there was a miscommunication there
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Not to be mean or anything,
    but has anyone else noticed a few non-20-somethings?
    get the heck out and start your 30,40,50 somethings!
    just kidding!
    but yea, just wondering if there was a miscommunication there

This isn't a group for 2o-year-olds...it's for people who want to LOSE 20 some odd pounds in 13 weeks.
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    You can totally do it, spaul!!!! I have faith! Just need to keep at it! And you're right...don't listen to everyone else...only YOU!:flowerforyou:
    Thanks... I needed THAT :bigsmile:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Thanks... I needed THAT :bigsmile:

Any time...:flowerforyou:
  • katyk08
    katyk08 Posts: 302
    Options
    This is for SPAUL.. Sorry I dont know how to do that thing where it puts what u wrote in a lil box above this yet but....Just wanted to show some support!

Yes u can do it :smile: And you will!! Dont listen to anyone when they are negative, they are either just jealous or dont think you can do it- so prove em wrong :)

I cant wait to weigh in tomorrow morning YAY!!! :) I havent stepped on my scale since last Tuesday so Im hoping for some good results!! :)

77669.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • kistinbee
    Options
    This is for SPAUL.. Sorry I dont know how to do that thing where it puts what u wrote in a lil box above this yet

All you do is click the little button under the message that says "quote" and then it will have it in the text box. Try it if you want.

FYI...it took me FOREVER to figure it out too b/c I was embarrased to ask.:blushing:
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

Man, I was badddd last night, it's rare for me though. I went out for Karaoke with my boyfriend & had dinner & drinks, plus his sweet tooth required a brownie to share...silly guy...i've found since I started seriously exercising a week ago and started eating all those exercise calories that I'm starving all the time!! I don't know if it's just that i'm getting used to eating that many calories or what....

Anyways...I'm very excited, well, more curious to see what the scale shall say tomorrow!! EEEEKKK!! So how about first person to post tomorrow starts off "Twenty Somethings Week 2" and we'll do the check in then!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    So how about first person to post tomorrow starts off "Twenty Somethings Week 2" and we'll do the check in then!

Sounds good to me! I usually get on quick in the morning...and seem to be the first. SO...I'm planning on starting one in the AM...but if someone beats me and doesn't yet see "Twenty Somethings Week 2" please start one!

Yep...can't wait to post a new weight tomorrow!!!!:drinker: Good luck everyone!!!!!
  • Koozy81
    Koozy81 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    HEELLOOO 20 somethings! I am excited to check in tomorrow.....alright i peeked at the scale this morning...so im pretty happy to report tomorrow! :laugh:

also, for those that are new to this "group", I started it because my hubby left for the Marines bootcamp and will be gone for the 13 solid weeks, and I figured "hey what better way to pass the time then work out and get smokin for his comeback. So thats where this whole 'Twenty-Somethings" has stemmed from. So just an update on that, Irecieved my 1st letter from him!!! Im sooo happy to hear from him, hes doing great, and its just that much more motivating for me to get movin! Hopefully the countdown in weeks, goes quickly along with the pounds!!

Love you guys.....keep it up!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    HEELLOOO 20 somethings! I am excited to check in tomorrow.....alright i peeked at the scale this morning...so im pretty happy to report tomorrow! :laugh:

also, for those that are new to this "group", I started it because my hubby left for the Marines bootcamp and will be gone for the 13 solid weeks, and I figured "hey what better way to pass the time then work out and get smokin for his comeback. So thats where this whole 'Twenty-Somethings" has stemmed from. So just an update on that, Irecieved my 1st letter from him!!! Im sooo happy to hear from him, hes doing great, and its just that much more motivating for me to get movin! Hopefully the countdown in weeks, goes quickly along with the pounds!!

Love you guys.....keep it up!

Yay! So glad you heard from the hubby! :heart: You keep at it hunny! You can do it!! Let's start a new thread and post weight tomorrow!!!! (HeHe...I also peeked!!:wink: )
  • pack533
    pack533 Posts: 224
    Options
    Hello everyone. Sorry I have not checked in every day. I will try to do better next week. I had a pretty good week. I need to make sure to get my cardio done everyday this week. I took it easy because I strained both my calves during the Relay for Life Event.

Toni