Do you "lie" on your food diary?

Options

Replies

• pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Whoever does lie on their diary is only lying to themselves. It's not going to interfere with anyone elses diary or goal. If they wanna lie, go ahead.
  • Rosieannaxo
    Options
    I've seen few diaries where a person only ate 400 calories for a couple of days, so yeah, definitely lying to themselves there! I meticulously log every calorie that goes into my mouth. I just feel better knowing the exact amount of my food. If I don't log it correctly, my body shows the results.
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    I've seen few diaries where a person only ate 400 calories for a couple of days, so yeah, definitely lying to themselves there! I meticulously log every calorie that goes into my mouth. I just feel better knowing the exact amount of my food. If I don't log it correctly, my body shows the results.
    or they didnt count the rest?

I stopped logging because I am alpha.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    It's not healthy, but I don't doubt a lot of these people are eating 900 calories a day. Many people crash diet and eat really low as they try to lose the weight fast.

Just because they used to eat more doesn't mean that can't starve themselves through willpower, which is sadly what happens a lot.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    NOPE. NEVER. No reason to.

I do it for myself because it's the only thing that has worked for me. Why would I lie? That would be a waste of valuable time. I log the chocolate (90% but still chocolate), vodka, beer, tortilla chips and salsa. ; )
  • ingraha
    ingraha Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Denial Aisle
  • lisamlucas82
    Options
    I log everything, small or big. I eat 1200 calories a day and some days I don't get there... I do my best to get to 1200. I am overweight and some days I will have 900-1000 calories, most days between 1200-1300. My diary is open to all of my friends and I want to be held accountable, so the good, bad and ugly are all logged.
  • padams2359
    padams2359 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    No. You would only be lying to yourself. There have been times when I had no clue how to add everything individual item. I'm always mindful of what I order. Isn't that the whole point of this? Not diet, lifestyle change. I just add a rediculus amount of calories, like 1000 for a meal on a particular day. My problem now is not gaining the weight back, it is stopping the weight loss. I like the foods I am eating, and have enough to be full.
  • elkahallick
    elkahallick Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Hell No.... To thy own self be true
  • Bobbie8786
    Bobbie8786 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I don't lie in mine. For me the whole idea of logging in the first place is to be accountable. If you "lie" why waste your time logging. However, that isn't to say my diary is filled with nutritious food, veggies are a rare occurrence, but I do log everything.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    No - if I have a bad day and eat 1000 or 4000, I'll record it all. Not worth it to lie to yourself, right?
  • viperk1
    viperk1 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I don't "lie" but sometimes I'll defer calories I've eaten late at night to the next day. Like if I go over today I'll record the 'over' on tomorrow's diary and work around it.
  • Greywalk
    Greywalk Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I try to get everything but do not stress over missing an item or forgetting. Some people see that as "lie" my response "Oh well" I am not going to be anal about it after all this is to help me not become another stressor in my life.
  • ashlbubba
    ashlbubba Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    You're only lying to yourself.. and your waistline won't keep your secret!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I ate between 800-1000 calories every day for almost three years without a single 'slip-up' or overage. Of course... it decimated my health, but that's not your question. I definitely think it's possible for a person to eat that little for a prolonged period of time. They're not necessary lying.
  • stephaniemejia1671
    stephaniemejia1671 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    No. My dear diary knows more than I do about what I eat..
  • my100plan
    Options
    I eat under that and I don't lie. I'm on strict vlcd doc-approved diet. I'm also not binging. I have a great carb/protein/fat balance and awesome blood sugar levels so I'm not dealing with cravings/urges that often. I'm almost a month in and 100% on plan. We're all different and what works for my body/life might not for someone else. I will be off this particular plan by around April/May so it isn't a long-term thing. I'll have a 6-12 week transition period and then maintenance. The success rate has been good and I feel positive because it's working for me. I went from a size 20 to a size 16. My weight loss isn't astronomical but inches lost has been great and it's mostly tummy fat.
  • tkeller10
    tkeller10 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It is possible to eat that few of calories under certain conditions (right after gastric surgery for example). The fact of the matter is that if you do it for too long, your metabolism will come to a screeching halt.
  • Ralthor125
    Ralthor125 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    It is my diary...why would I want to lie to myself?
  • jennalennafur
    jennalennafur Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm sure some people do. But I would never. I feel like I'm taking responsibility by recording ALL my calories. Even when I snack on something every now and then. It motivates me to do better when I see that I'm over....Of course, I've only been using MFP for a week now. :tongue: