Inconsiderate coworkers wrecking my hard work

Options

Replies

• pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I work in a bakery...... would I then be wrong to throw everything in the bin cause it's all so tempting? Or would I be better using my willpower & not eating it cause I'm not being force fed?

:noway:
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    My coworkers do the same thing.

I've just learned to not even bother looking at any of it.

You have to take control of your actions.
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Would I be in the wrong if I just started throwing this stuff in the garbage? T

I hope you're joking. Just because you can't control yourself means the whole office can't have treats?! Ummm no. We also have a treat counter at work - it's called real life and sometimes we have to deal with it. The world doesn't revolve around you.

THIS! LOL I can't believe she even said/considered that!! :laugh:
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I don't want to be mean, but sucks to be you. Yes, you would be a total a-hole for throwing that stuff away. YOU are on a diet, not everyone. YOU are limiting yourself, not everyone. If YOU can't have any of that, then don't have it. Simple. Being healthy is about moderation AND self control.
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Personally I love it when people in work bring in treats!!
  • mjharman
    mjharman Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Temptation is everywhere - I face it every morning when I pack my husband's lunch. Putting those mini donuts or brownies in the baggie drives me crazy! But I resist. Because getting where I've gotten feels a whole lot better than that!

Just knowing that temptation might be there means being ready to face it when you arrive, so prepare yourself before entering that room. Don't go in there hungry and don't look at the evil treat if you can avoid it!

And if you have the urge to throw the whole thing in the trash, do this instead...cut yourself a piece and throw it away.
    Because you can beat this temptation. You don't need that stinkin' cake!
  • michellechawner
    Options
    Wait you're an adult?

GROW UP. Get over yourself. It's like saying the spoon made you fat - no, you control the spoon, you made yourself fat. Learn to be an adult and how to use self control - not everything is about you (unless, maybe it's your birthday).
  • ruffnstuff
    ruffnstuff Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    You should try to have their actions empower you. Take the higher ground knowing it will bother them that you're ignoring their actions whether they are intentional or not. I will bet you that eventually ask you why you don't indulge in their "treats" and this will set you apart from the sheep. Good Luck!

Pretentious much? :huh:
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    would you smoke crack if it was "shoved" in your face, probably not. Just say no, it's pretty easy

Maybe if I was in a drunken stupor.

But only once, and then I'm totally clean. :wink:

And a half assed apology will put it all in the past right? lmao
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    You should try to have their actions empower you. Take the higher ground knowing it will bother them that you're ignoring their actions whether they are intentional or not. I will bet you that eventually ask you why you don't indulge in their "treats" and this will set you apart from the sheep. Good Luck!

Wow. You're almost as horrible a person as the OP.
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Cant tell if serious :frown:

Imagine what its like to work in an office full of truckers/dispatchers who dont give a **** about their weight and order pizza, bagels, donuts, bring in mcdonalds for the office... PRETTY MUCH DAILY! Alat the same time, this is a company who does a lot for their employees including having a full kitchen with a chef, ordering cookies and cakes for the whole office, etc etc on a daily basis. yeah, guess what? I had to GROW UP and NOT GIVE IN!

SMH, wow this is as insane as when adults claim they are being "bullied" UGGHHH I have such little faith in humanity these days!!!!
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

Just to piggy back off of this idea, another way to do it:

1) Ignore the cake for several days in a row. Don't comment on it, just ignore it.
    2) Openly walk around with a bag of baby carrots and maybe some celery. Crunch on it really loudly and moan while you eat it. Say things like "Get inside my mouth you juicy carrot" while you're chewing on it. Make sure your coworkers take full notice of the power of vegetables and the euphoric feeling you get when that vegetabley goodness passes your lips. Brag about how clean your diet is, and how you can feel the toxins leaving your system.
    3) Next time you're in that hell-hole they call the cake room, don't do anything mean or rude to your coworkers but for example, as you walk by the cake, give it the finger and mouth the words "I ain't your b**ch you dirty piece of cake". This is going to empower you even more than those carrots, believe it or not.

Do this for a few weeks and I promise you, the next time they sit there eating their dirty, sugary, poisonous, toxic, (tasty chocolatey) cake they will be filled with hate. I mean, here you are enjoying seemingly INFINITE amounts of carrots and celery, impervious to the beckoning that is that dirty, dirty cake.

As the poster above mentions, this is really going to set you apart from those helpless, cake-eating sheep.
  • kburns0709
    kburns0709 Posts: 297 Member
    Options

1) Ignore the cake for several days in a row. Don't comment on it, just ignore it.
    2) Openly walk around with a bag of baby carrots and maybe some celery. Crunch on it really loudly and moan while you eat it. Say things like "Get inside my mouth you juicy carrot" while you're chewing on it. Make sure your coworkers take full notice of the power of vegetables and the euphoric feeling you get when that vegetabley goodness passes your lips. Brag about how clean your diet is, and how you can feel the toxins leaving your system.
    3) Next time you're in that hell-hole they call the cake room, don't do anything mean or rude to your coworkers but for example, as you walk by the cake, give it the finger and mouth the words "I ain't your b**ch you dirty piece of cake".

Do this for a few weeks and I promise you, the next time they sit there eating their dirty, sugary, poisonous, toxic, (tasty chocolatey) cake they will be filled with hate. I mean, here you are enjoying seemingly INFINITE amounts of carrots and celery, impervious to the beckoning that is that dirty, dirty cake.

As the poster above mentions, this is really going to set you apart from those helpless, cake-eating sheep.

genius
  • hopefaithlove24
    hopefaithlove24 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    In for OP replies;)
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    You are overreacting. It's unreasonable to expect everyone around to change their habits just because you are changing yours.
  • p4ulmiller
    p4ulmiller Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Ooh! Here's one!

Leave some carrot sticks and celery in the kitchen. Email round telling everyone there are some tasty treats in the kitchen and to help themselves. When they come back into the office asking where the cake is, laugh in their faces and smash your fist into their offensive cakes before throwing them out of the window.

That should teach the fat, inconsiderate witches who's boss.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mtscu5Ivnn1sf8z6qo5_500.gif
  • Tiernan1212
    Tiernan1212 Posts: 797 Member
    Options

3) Next time you're in that hell-hole they call the cake room, don't do anything mean or rude to your coworkers but for example, as you walk by the cake, give it the finger and mouth the words "I ain't your b**ch you dirty piece of cake". This is going to empower you even more than those carrots, believe it or not.

OMG, I am crying laughing at my desk! :laugh: :sad: :laugh: :sad: :laugh:

That is the best suggestion I have read today :drinker:
  • Flab2Fab27
    Flab2Fab27 Posts: 461 Member
    Options

I'm starting to really want those carrots...
  • SchroederNJ
    SchroederNJ Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say they are doing anything wrong --- if they knew you were dieting and were constantly cutting pieces and putting them on your desk, then i would agree with you
This discussion has been closed.