WOW!! You look amazing!!
  • 0nehappyheart
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • NegaAshley
    NegaAshley Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    JulytoNovemberProgress_zps80b6a743.jpg

My newest progress picture. I've been lifting heavy from the start. I can't wait until next month! =)
  • ummyasminah
    ummyasminah Posts: 95 Member
    Options

My newest progress picture. I've been lifting heavy from the start. I can't wait until next month! =)

Wow, you look GREAT! Fabulous!!! What a difference in only a few months!
  • Mell00546
    Mell00546 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    <- - - -Profile picture :)
  • UpToTheChallenge
    Options
    LOVE all of the pics! you ladies are amazing!
  • bepeejaye
    bepeejaye Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Loving this thread. Thank you ladies for sharing your success!!
  • HollySue25
    HollySue25 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    1_zpsa8b2081e.jpg
    22_zps0bd4d209.jpg
    After Heavy Lifting/Current

111_zps5d036b46.jpg
    ll1_zps364bf2d4.jpg
    ll_zps4099e277.jpg

WOW!! You look amazing!!
    Thank You!
  • kramalicious
    Options
    @HollySue - Your back. I want it.

ditto! looks great. I am now planning my goal accomplishment "tat" for my back when I reach my goal. .
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    <<<<<< I've been lifting since January this year. The inches are just melting off and I feel so much stronger. :bigsmile:
  • _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    All of you ladies look AMAZING!
    Bumping because this is my favorite thread....you all provide such great motivation.

My husband has wondered about all the half naked women I have been looking at online, I think he got too excited lmao
  • jess_steich7
    Options
    This thread is absolutely amazing! I love reading about all the progress stories and looking at everyone's before and after photos! Question for you ladies though: I am 5'4, weigh 129 pounds, and I'm looking to lose some fat and gain lean muscle. I run for 30 minutes every day and then lift heavy for 30 minutes after that. I'm kind of confused for my calorie goal because a lot of the TDEE calculators give me different answers. About how many calories do you think I should be eating to get the results I want?
  • TE76RA
    TE76RA Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I want to be one of these people so bad!

Have been trying to get into weight training for months but am constantly being pressurised by trainers at the gym (I've changed 3 times now, all the same) that I should stick to high reps and low weights to 'get toned'. I am so sick of being told it that yesterday I made one of them check my squat form on a smith (I know-no other option as no free weights and my arms can't hold the dumbbell weight needed to push my legs!) Even after he said he was impressed with my form on a relatively high weight (for me!) for 10reps, he still reckoned I should stick to lower weights :(

I'm going to keep pushing myself wiht or without the help, but really hope you guys are right and I will get to be fabby not flabby soon!

I only looked at a smith machine for the first time today, I am so intimidated by all the guys in the gym that I tend to walk away and find something else to do. I started light but am slowly going heavier on the machines, I dont frequent the cardio machines anymore Im slowly venturing into the weight machines. Just getting up the courage to ask some of the guys for pointers. Looking forward to a better and stronger body!!
  • Care76
    Care76 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I am also constantly told to stay with low weight and do more reps. It is really pissing me off. Don't any of these guys (PTs) do resent research? There are tons of benefits to lifting heavy for women. All the research I have read says less than 8 reps with heavier weights.

You ladies rock and are my inspiration!
  • oliviashaw82
    Options
    I want to do this, but have no idea where to start. I am 350ish lbs and 5'7 1/2". I've researched different programs and really like Nia Shanks. I just joined my local gym today but really don't know what to do...I have no idea how to perform the exercises. I am intimidated by the machines. I could really use some guidance.
  • ErinMLB
    ErinMLB Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I want to do this, but have no idea where to start. I am 350ish lbs and 5'7 1/2". I've researched different programs and really like Nia Shanks. I just joined my local gym today but really don't know what to do...I have no idea how to perform the exercises. I am intimidated by the machines. I could really use some guidance.

I highly recommend stronglifts... there is a group on here of woman who follow it who are EXTREMELY helpful. I am new to it as well but they are great for helping with form, or any questions. It's fairly easy to get started, I have almost no upper body strength but am definitely finding myself progressing with it, although I may eventually add in a couple other things too it, mostly to help with my core (the stronger the core the better the lifts, and the better the lifts the stronger the core)

Feel free to add me! You can do it!
  • nikamar
    nikamar Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Back progress:

p8WwW6J.png?1
  • b4u386
    b4u386 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I love this thread. Lifting = winning.
  • Parsniphead
    Parsniphead Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've been following this thread for a while and have been really impressed by everyone's results. Anyway after saying for a while I wanted to do it today I have had my first session of lifting heavy. Thanks for the inspiration.
  • MonicaBenavidez
    MonicaBenavidez Posts: 92 Member
    Options

You look great! Keep it up, girl! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!