Any gamers out there?

Options

Replies

• benefiting
    benefiting Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Fable 3 unopened, *sigh* sad isn't it?

Play it. Play it now!

I am still recovering from my dog dying in Fable 2. But, yes Fable 3 is lots of fun.

Dude, I haven't played Fable 2 yet and you just ruined it. :(
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Fable 3 unopened, *sigh* sad isn't it?

Play it. Play it now!

I am still recovering from my dog dying in Fable 2. But, yes Fable 3 is lots of fun.

Dude, I haven't played Fable 2 yet and you just ruined it. :(

Don't worry, the game will ruin it for you, Fable was an amazing game and the 2 sequels sucked in comparison
  • jab4475
    jab4475 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I feel I'm pretty late to this forum but right now I'm playing Assassin's Creed 4 and GTA 5 and I'll probably play final fantasy 13 again when the sequel comes out.

Never too late! I'll be getting AC 4 soon and I'm thinking about GTA 5 and yes! FFXIII: Lightning's Return! Shame, they held it back for a few months but oh well. :happy:
  • jab4475
    Options
    Final fantasy 8 was my fave but I'm really excited about kingdom hearts 3. Finally after all these years a sequel!
  • jab4475
    Options
    Final Fantasy series & just about any other RPG, Castlevania series, first person shooters like Call of Duty & Halo, Metal Gear series, LOVE Guitar Hero & Rockband, Mortal Kombat series, Silent Hill, Resident Evil.
    Currently playing WWE2K14 & going back through the 30 Years of WrestleMania mode to unlock the stuff I messed up on & also creating a pretty cool Story.

Castlevania: Symphony of the night was one of the best I ever played
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    Dungeons and Dragons Online. I really don't have too much time for other games, but I have played though the Assassins Creed Series and the Elder Scrolls Series (been playing those since Daggerfall).
  • jeffd247
    jeffd247 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I'm also a recovering MMO nerd.

I played LoTRo pretty exclusively for nearly 6 years. I took time in there to try other MMOs like RIFT, Aion, SWTOR, WAR, etc but none of them stuck. Prior to that I played only shooters (CS, BF2, COD). Now MMOs just don't have a place in my life due to the time commitment, and frankly you get tired of

Go into that cave, kill 10 rats and come back. Done? Good! Go back into that cave, in the back of the cave there is a big rat. Kill that rat and all the other rats and come back. Done? Good! Behind that big rat was a chest, go back into the cave, kill that rat and all the other rats and bring that chest to me. Done? Great! Here is a crappy old dagger I found."

I;ve never been able to get into console games though I love the playing the Mario series on our Wii and NHL13 on the xbox with my son. The new CoD Ghosts looks neat, I'll probably try that.
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Yep - I've been gaming since *muttergrumbletoiltrouble*

The problem is, as much as I love it, I'm not all that good at anything.

I'm a PS3 girl, but am waiting on the next-gen console to see what flushes out. I'm not happy with a lot of the changes they've made to the PS4 (dafuq??? One of my primary uses of it is playing CDs!!! And yanking DLNA from it for when I'm lazy? *rawr*). So I think I'm going to pick up a newer Nvidia card and push up the RAM on my gaming rig and get it ready to at least play Titanfall when it comes out.

I'm not currently playing anything as I've gone through a real rough patch with work and am catching up on TV and movies. I have a stack of about 30 games that I've collected that I haven't even touched. Any recommendations out of those that I can remember I have?

Infamous 1 & 2
    The Uncharted series (including the Vita one)
    Alice - Madness Returns
    Catherine
    Child of Eden
    Castlevania
    LA Noire
    Nier
    Oblivion (oddly, I never got to play this - long story)

Um, that's all I can think of without looking at my shelf. /shame. But when you're pulling back to back allnighters for weeks on end, there's no brain cells left for gaming.

Some of my favorite games - I'm a diehard RPG girl, not really a fan of FPS's unless it's Quake:
    DEAD SPACE!!!
    Fallout Series
    Elder Scrolls Series
    Dragon Age
    Enlsaved (this game was *SO* good)
    Mirror's Edge
    Final Fantasy
    Deus Ex
    Anything to do with Mech's, though Armored Core tried to kill me

And throw in there, I'm also a big tabletop RPG fan, and my cousins have been trying to teach me Magic and I'm trying to get a group together to play Cyberpunk, but.... yeah.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I am playing a good handful of games, FF7(PC), Skyrim, Borderlands 2, Resident Evil 6 & ORC & Revelations, Civ V, Wanderlust: Rebirth, and working on the last couple achievements of Mass Effect 2&3.

There are others I am playing but just not as avidly.
  • jab4475
    Options
    Yep - I've been gaming since *muttergrumbletoiltrouble*

The problem is, as much as I love it, I'm not all that good at anything.

I'm a PS3 girl, but am waiting on the next-gen console to see what flushes out. I'm not happy with a lot of the changes they've made to the PS4 (dafuq??? One of my primary uses of it is playing CDs!!! And yanking DLNA from it for when I'm lazy? *rawr*). So I think I'm going to pick up a newer Nvidia card and push up the RAM on my gaming rig and get it ready to at least play Titanfall when it comes out.

I'm not currently playing anything as I've gone through a real rough patch with work and am catching up on TV and movies. I have a stack of about 30 games that I've collected that I haven't even touched. Any recommendations out of those that I can remember I have?

Infamous 1 & 2
    The Uncharted series (including the Vita one)
    Alice - Madness Returns
    Catherine
    Child of Eden
    Castlevania
    LA Noire
    Nier
    Oblivion (oddly, I never got to play this - long story)

Um, that's all I can think of without looking at my shelf. /shame. But when you're pulling back to back allnighters for weeks on end, there's no brain cells left for gaming.

Some of my favorite games - I'm a diehard RPG girl, not really a fan of FPS's unless it's Quake:
    DEAD SPACE!!!
    Fallout Series
    Elder Scrolls Series
    Dragon Age
    Enlsaved (this game was *SO* good)
    Mirror's Edge
    Final Fantasy
    Deus Ex
    Anything to do with Mech's, though Armored Core tried to kill me

And throw in there, I'm also a big tabletop RPG fan, and my cousins have been trying to teach me Magic and I'm trying to get a group together to play Cyberpunk, but.... yeah.

RPGs is the genre I first played.
    Try Kingdom hearts for nostalgia, Dark Souls for masochism, and Star Ocean and Dragon Quest for classic jrpg goodness.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options

I played LoTRo pretty exclusively for nearly 6 years. I took time in there to try other MMOs like RIFT, Aion, SWTOR, WAR, etc but none of them stuck. Prior to that I played only shooters (CS, BF2, COD). Now MMOs just don't have a place in my life due to the time commitment, and frankly you get tired of

Go into that cave, kill 10 rats and come back. Done? Good! Go back into that cave, in the back of the cave there is a big rat. Kill that rat and all the other rats and come back. Done? Good! Behind that big rat was a chest, go back into the cave, kill that rat and all the other rats and bring that chest to me. Done? Great! Here is a crappy old dagger I found."

I;ve never been able to get into console games though I love the playing the Mario series on our Wii and NHL13 on the xbox with my son. The new CoD Ghosts looks neat, I'll probably try that.

Same here. I used to be hooked on MMORPGs, but you eventually come to a point where you realize why they do call it a neverending grind. I quit playing them (except for DCUO which you can play casually) and I'm much better for it now.
  • jsandie76
    jsandie76 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I love our MMORPG's and have played EQ, and still play EQ2 extensively. We have also played Wow, DDO and Vanguard. I think they are the primary reason why I have gained so much weight in the last decade plus. There were times in the past where we would barely look up from the computer monitor for HOURS, and of coarse you have to have something to sustain yourself during those epic battles. So no movement for a good portion of the day + the pop and junk food that passed for sustenance during those sessions = over a hundred pounds overweight. The annoying thing is... hubby is still a STICK!!
  • michelegurr
    michelegurr Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Wii Just Dance, wiiFit, Shaun White's Snowboarding Road Trip...and I am trying to get guitar hero for wii, I am a huge guitar hero fan! There I said it out loud! hahaha have it for PS2... And I will forever be a laura croft fan! There said that out loud too! HAH Have enjoyed the Myst games.
  • Samuraiko
    Samuraiko Posts: 180 Member
    Options

Ironically, MMOs actually stimulated my creativity after a year and a half long bout of writer's block. When I got into City of Heroes, I began making videos for it. Then I started writing stories. And then when they introduced player-creation missions, I was in absolute heaven. I miss my game. :(

LotRO and RIFT work pretty much the same way for me now - I'm constantly running around admiring the scenery, enjoying the storylines, and if I don't have the best gear, who cares? I'm still having fun! :D
  • ttknowles01
    ttknowles01 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I plan on getting into Diablo III....absolutely loved Diablo II....and I can't get enough of Michael Jackson the Experience. My son and I jump on Mario Kart every now and then
  • BogQueen1
    BogQueen1 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Former WoW addict. Currently a fan of Elder Scrolls and Rift, which I find much easier to step away from then WoW ever was.
  • agggie550
    agggie550 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Diablo III which is AWWWWWEEESOME ... and BF4, which is awesome, but the lack of que'ing is a giant SAD FACE in my book.
  • Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I plan on getting into Diablo III....absolutely loved Diablo II....and I can't get enough of Michael Jackson the Experience. My son and I jump on Mario Kart every now and then

LOVE Diablo III, I keep coming back to the same games that draw me in. Syrim, Oblivion, the first 2 Bioshocks, Dishonored....I used to play WOW, but it got old.
  • KRoth416
    KRoth416 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Sims (for 16 years now -___-), Fable, Sim City, Elder Scrolls (series Oblivion/Skyrim <3), I miss WoW but alas ZERO time for that...would love to get into GTA V but I have small kids and zero alone time SOOOO no GTA for meee! Assasin's Creed - Santa's bringing Black Flag :) and Far Cry!

Starcraft 2 and HON as far as playing WITH people....I only play with my boyfriend tho LMAO otherwise I battle bots! lololol
  • Chellody22
    Chellody22 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I played Final Fantasy XI off and on for almost 6 years. I met my husband over FFXI actually. We just quit playing last month due to a hectic schedule, as well as losing some good friends to FF14.