30 Pounds By Christmas 10wk challenge Part 2!

Options

Replies

• 2kmom
    2kmom Posts: 12
    Options
    2lbs down this week.
    CW: 180
    GW: 160
    Time to kick up the exercise and water intake.
  • simplykim419
    simplykim419 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am so excited to read about everyone's journey. I have gotten my water in for the day but not all of the exercise, although, I did get in 35 minutes. My husband and I went out to eat at Golden Corral which makes it hard to keep track of calorie consumption, but I think I got everything listed and I will not 300 more calories to be on the safe side.

So, question of the day:

What new item have you tried this last week?

I have tried couscous and a couple of new recipes.
  • Ntdrkyet
    Ntdrkyet Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I was wondering if I could join this group? What do I need to do?
    Thanks
    Edana
  • KaeChelle
    KaeChelle Posts: 576
    Options
    Thanks
    Edana

Post your weight every Monday and check here often for challenges and encouragement. This group is great!! And don't forget to share your success with the rest of us! The challenge for today I believe is drink 10 cups of water, stay under your calories, and get 60 minutes of exercise.
  • kjrobinette
    Options
    Thanks
    Edana

Yes this!! I realize there is just under 9 weeks til Christmas, but I so want to be in on this! :) Love the support here!

(And even if I can't "join" I would still like to post with you all weekly!)

CW: 264
    GW: 234
  • KaeChelle
    Options
    Hey Everyone!! Sorry I'm late updating the challenge for Monday! I'm so impressed with the weigh ins that have already occurred! You all are absolutely AMAZING!!! Seee....I TOOOOLLLDDD YOUUUUU!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I'm super excited to weigh in for myself in the morning as it's only 11pm here.

Ok, I will be leaving town for a couple of days tomorrow, so I'm going to post the next 3 days challenges.... Everyone help the others find this if there are people asking!

My hubby and I are going camping/hiking in Arkansas, so I'm not sure if the campsite will have wireless internet connections. So, if you don't hear from me until Wednesday or Thursday, never fear, I will be back!

Ok...

MONDAY CHALLENGE 10/25/10:

10 Water, Under Cals, and here's the big dog daddy challenge:...... 60 minutes of exercise and try to DOUBLE calorie burn of last Monday. (You can check your exercise diary to see what you burned...) For instance, If you burned 300 calories last Monday, try to burn 600 today!! Even if you have to do jumping jacks during commercials!

TUESDAY CHALLENGE 10/26/10

10 Water, Under Cals, 50 minutes of exercise plus 10 minutes of resistence training.... for example: lift weights, do pushups, squats, lunges, calisthenics..SP??

WEDNESDAY CHALLENGE 10/27/10

10 Water, Under Cals, 50 minutes exercise, 10 minutes stretching or Yoga for relaxation and flexibility training

We can do this y'all! Can't wait to post in the morning with my weigh in! FINGERS CROSSED!! :flowerforyou:

This is from PoshTaush, the one who started this group. Just sharing it with the new ones!
  • kjrobinette
    Options
    Thanks Karen! I unknowingly already met all those goals! WOOT!
  • KaeChelle
    Options
    Thanks Karen! I unknowingly already met all those goals! WOOT!

Great!! Just post your starting weight for this challenge, and weigh in every Monday. Glad you are here!
  • barefootbabe
    barefootbabe Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I'm joining in here, albeit a bit late.

I live in Australia but am going home to Canada for Christmas this year-- first time in three years! I'm very excited and my Aussie boyfriend will be meeting my family for the first time, so I'd like to be as fit as possible by then!

I don't have heaps and heaps to lose so it comes off slowly and I highly doubt I could get rid of more than ten pounds by then, so that's my goal!

Height: 5'9"
    CW: 160
    GW by Christmas: 150
    Ultimate goal weight: 136 (my happiest size)

Good luck all :)
  • junedunebug
    Options
    Starting Weight: 172.2

Week One: 170.8 (- 1.4lbs)

Goal Weight: 150 lbs
    (I'm not going for 30, I'm going for 20)
  • Teeyore
    Teeyore Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, just checking in. Didn't get a chance to check in yesterday. No loss no gain this week. Am focused & determined to see some progress on the scales by next weigh in.

Congrats to everyone who has lost this past week. Well done. I'll check back in later. Cheers
  • florasweets
    florasweets Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    the goals I've met for today... 60 minutes of exercise, calories doubled from last Monday, under calories, AND only 8 glasses of water
    Not too shabby for my first day, eh?!
  • mkcole
    mkcole Posts: 46
    Options
    I only weigh in once a week and that day is on Wednesday. I don't want to change that because it will just mess my routine up so i'm just going to start posting my prior Wednesday weighs ins for the Monday weigh in here. Last WI was at 164 ....
  • KaeChelle
    Options
    Today I had 13 cups of water, I exercised for 40 minutes, cleaned for an hour and tried to move a lot and dance around as I was cleaning. :smile: I doubled my calories from last week, and thanks to the exercise, stayed under my calories.
  • sydsmom00
    Options
    Didn't meet my goals today with exercise, but I drank my water and stayed under calories, some days I wish we had a few more hours! Tomorrow will be a better day!:wink:
  • ct1986
    ct1986 Posts: 200
    Options
    MONDAY CHALLENGE 10/25/10:

10 Water, Under Cals, and here's the big dog daddy challenge:...... 60 minutes of exercise and try to DOUBLE calorie burn of last Monday. (You can check your exercise diary to see what you burned...) For instance, If you burned 300 calories last Monday, try to burn 600 today!! Even if you have to do jumping jacks during commercials!

Water-DONE
    Under Cals-Done
    I got 135 minutes of exercise Didn't double my calories burnt but it was an additional 60 minute walk.
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    ***********Okay everyone i have started a spreadsheet; we currently have 261 members! woo-hoo!!!****
    But............... I am missing at least 80 check-ins, I will wait until tomorrow and then mark those ppl as 0 loss, two weeks without a single check, i will think you no longer want to do the challenge
    I will upload it tomorrow, it will be a few pages =]

OMG, 261 members! Thats alot of motivation and weight loss......SOOOO EXCITED:happy: Thank you for starting a spreadsheet!
    Have a Healthy Day!
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Monday Challenge Outcome:
    Water: 12 cups;
    60 mins Exercise: 1 hr 45 mins (Dance class, Eliptical and Stair Master);
    UnderCalorie: Accomplished
    Dbl Calories: Didnt meet this goal....didnt find the challenge until this afternoon and I burned 1200 cals last Monday so I didnt have enough time to dbl my cals today. :ohwell:

Congrats to Everyone who Accomplished the challenge today and to those who tried. :drinker: (water)
    Good Luck Tomorrow! Have a Healthy Day!
  • Raynedancer
    Raynedancer Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    10/18/2010 Monday Weigh in: 148.2 lb.s
    10/25/2010 Monday Weigh in: 149.2 lb.s
    Gained 1 lb :cry:
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Reporting in..

Today, I got in 90 minutes of exercise and 13 cups of water and stayed under my calories as well. I feel like I have met my goals for today. :happy: