Options
    People are kuntz :drinker:

One second I’m a Kuntz then
    Suddenly the Kuntz is me

That's Gaga right there.
  • Dad_of_3
    Dad_of_3 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Isn't this supposed to be a place of support? Time after time I see threads of success and someone rips them a new one for doing it differently then themselves. TDEE isn't for everyone. Paleo isn't for everyone. High carb high sugar eat everything in moderation isn't for everyone. But, no, people with zero medical skill pipe in about how wrong someone's diet choices are. Seriously, how awful is that? Can't we just say, "RIGHT ON!" and move along? What kind of a support system IS this?!

WHERE ARE MY POSITIVE PEOPLE AT?!

It's all about the ions.
  • chisomokafor
    chisomokafor Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    omg PREACH!!!!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options
    We love arguing online.

Please point us to these Success-turned-nasty threads. We wanna see...:sad:

ooooooooooooh. Must mean this one:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1129252-1200cal-day-really-works

But that is what happens in 1200 cal threads. Because - oh - nm.

That was the one that spurred my post, but I see it all the time. Someone always did it better and easier.

OKAY, DON'T listen to that person then.

Why would you want to make your life easier?

no. Continue to suffer, be frustrated. Don't lose the weight. Be miserable.

Better? :flowerforyou:
  • Carissa145
    Carissa145 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Some people here don't realize how what they say can be detrimental to people. They value humor over friendliness at other people's expense.
  • MVY_
    MVY_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I will agree, to an extent. But some people (often) are just plain rude and righteous. We all have opinions, of course. And I don't want to stifle that. But I just see an overwhelming amount of really unsupportive comments.

I am starting to see this too. Some people have really smart comments that shouldn't have been said for someone who is seeking help. That's why I haven't posted a thread for myself because I'm afraid of people attacking.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options

Should I just clarify... I'm not saying that telling someone, "you probably shouldn't eat 300 calories a day of pure fat and then work out 600 hours" is negative. That IS supportive. All I'm saying is, someone will say "I lost 30lbs low carb! Yay!" And then some self righteous turd will come right behind them and say something like, "Oh that's funny because I lost 34lbs eating whatever I wanted at 2000 calories".

WHAT? It's when people interject that their way is OBVIOUSLY better and totally glazing over someone else's success. That, is just plain rude.

Or maybe the self righteous turd is just pointing out that you don't need to do some restrictive diet in order to lose weight? That possibly the fact that the poster was eating at a calorie deficit was the reason for their success rather than the fact they were following XYZ protocol of eating?
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Yay!" And then some self righteous turd will come right behind them and say something like, "Oh that's funny because I lost 34lbs eating whatever I wanted at 2000 calories".

[/quote]

LOL "Self righteous turd" is definitely not negative. Go you.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    Hey, those self righteous turds also taught me an awful lot I didn't know about how my own body functions and how to properly fuel it. It just wouldn't be the Internet if everyone had the same opinion or didn't make posts that are whiny and meaningless.
  • mamagirl49
    mamagirl49 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Tone can't be implied online so what you may think is rude very often actually isn't.

Personally I would much rather have blunt, honest opinions than fake 'you go girl' crap that took all of two thoughtless seconds to type.

Amen, sister!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    People are kuntz :drinker:

One second I’m a Kuntz then
    Suddenly the Kuntz is me

That's Gaga right there.

I live for the applause, applause, applause......live for the applause plause live for the applause plause
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    12455336439061355_KntutmUU_f.jpg
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Sometimes people can say things but because they are written in font where emotion cant be seen (it's kinda hard to discover the difference) it comes across as negative. Saying things in person face to face shows EXACTLY how it's supposed to be taken, on here.... totally different.

I take everything said with a grain of salt till otherwise shown how it is.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I'm thankful that these "meanies" got me on the right path of losing weight, instead sugar coating it. One of these days these people won't be there to help you, what will YOU do than?? JS :huh:
  • YesIAm17
    YesIAm17 Posts: 817 Member
    Options

Should I just clarify... I'm not saying that telling someone, "you probably shouldn't eat 300 calories a day of pure fat and then work out 600 hours" is negative. That IS supportive. All I'm saying is, someone will say "I lost 30lbs low carb! Yay!" And then some self righteous turd will come right behind them and say something like, "Oh that's funny because I lost 34lbs eating whatever I wanted at 2000 calories".

WHAT? It's when people interject that their way is OBVIOUSLY better and totally glazing over someone else's success. That, is just plain rude.

Or maybe the self righteous turd is just pointing out that you don't need to do some restrictive diet in order to lose weight? That possibly the fact that the poster was eating at a calorie deficit was the reason for their success rather than the fact they were following XYZ protocol of eating?

Now you're just being negative with your stupid logic and stuff. Gawd I hate negative people, they are the worst!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Why is there SO MUCH negativity here?!

People are really hungry and sick of eating raw.

Makes them grumpy.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    we're not mean...Richie Incognito is mean...

richielol.gif
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    because_you_touch_yourself_at_night-s250x188-339851.gif
  • jkowula
    jkowula Posts: 447
    Options
    Anyone who has one of those ticker thingys that says they have lost more weight than me... I LISTEN TO...
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Les MFPerables

There was a time when posters were kind
    When their tone was soft
    And their words encouraging
    There was a time when cardio was fine
    And MFP was a song
    And MFP friends were inviting
    Then it all…went…wrong

I dreamed a dream in bandwidth gone by