LOW CARB DIET from today.- who's with me?

Options

Replies

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Keto_Life
    Keto_Life Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just started my Keto diet about 2 days ago, so I would love to be included in your group. I need some inspiration, as it seems so easy to run back to the sugar and carbs.

I'm new to the world of dieting, as diets never worked for me. So my journey on Keto actually started out of a fear of getting Diabetes, Cancer or Alzeihmers later in my life. After lots of research i have found that the keto diet/LCHF is a good lifestyle diet to follow to minimize ones risk of these diseases.
  • slimmingteacher
    Options
    Following a low carb diet you will notice that your calorie content naturally get lower and your appetite goes down. Foods which are high in protein such as chicken will fill you up and they contain reasonably amount of calories and if you continue it for a fortnight or so you will see your appetite going down and you will naturally stay under 1200cal a day. When I did my high protein diet I couldn't eat more than 800cals in the day. Not because I was starving myself; but because the high protein supressed my appetite and I lost a stone in just over two weeks.

Additionally, this post is not meant for debate but just a voluntary option of following a low carb diet with me, I did not force anyone as everyone have their own ideas of what works and what doesn't and I am in no position to be giving professional information. A low calorie diet just cannot work for me as eating bad carbs such as rice and bread may make you feel satisfied for a few hours but does not fill me up and I end up going over my calorie limit. whereas if I follow a low carb I naturally stick to my under 1000 calories.

I eat 160g+ protein per day much of the time - I can still eat a damn site more than 800 calories.

Why is rice a bad carb?

Yes but i ate only protein being chicken. And yogurt. And i could not eat more than 700calories. Plus people have different appetites and ways of functioning. Yet again as i mentioned i am in no way forcing snone to do a low carb diet but merely offering my support and gaining support of those who wish to do it with me.

Rice, pasta, potato and bread if you go to any doctor or health professional will tell you those 4 items contain the highest amount of carbs.
  • slimmingteacher
    Options
    I've just started studying Nutrition, but I have to say that what I've researched is that low-carb diets are no-bueno. Your body goes into a carb-starvation mode, and as soon as you eat them again, your body compensates by overloading and you gain all the weight back, then some.
    Instead, try to limit fat and sugar, which your body can synthesize enough of itself, but can lead to weight gain if eaten in excess.

This is bunk! Don't buy into it! Do the research yourself!

Truly agree i dont believe that at all! No one way of dieting works for everyone plus you can still lose weoght by consuming good fats so giving up fats will be just foolish. Plus seeing as yu have just STARTED looking at nutrition i would much rather go slong with my doctor and gym instructors recommendations of following a low carb diet.
  • DemenaDork
    DemenaDork Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'd love to give this a try! I eat too many carbs as I'm a vegetarian and tend to replace my meat with carbs instead.. (Bad, i know:() So i would love to give this a try with other determined people to keep me motivated!
  • sumaiyaali
    Options
    i am totally in and i really need motivation coz i am addicted to sugar...want to lose weight till feb at least 15kg...plzzz help me
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Following a low carb diet you will notice that your calorie content naturally get lower and your appetite goes down. Foods which are high in protein such as chicken will fill you up and they contain reasonably amount of calories and if you continue it for a fortnight or so you will see your appetite going down and you will naturally stay under 1200cal a day. When I did my high protein diet I couldn't eat more than 800cals in the day. Not because I was starving myself; but because the high protein supressed my appetite and I lost a stone in just over two weeks.

Additionally, this post is not meant for debate but just a voluntary option of following a low carb diet with me, I did not force anyone as everyone have their own ideas of what works and what doesn't and I am in no position to be giving professional information. A low calorie diet just cannot work for me as eating bad carbs such as rice and bread may make you feel satisfied for a few hours but does not fill me up and I end up going over my calorie limit. whereas if I follow a low carb I naturally stick to my under 1000 calories.

I eat 160g+ protein per day much of the time - I can still eat a damn site more than 800 calories.

Why is rice a bad carb?

Yes but i ate only protein being chicken. And yogurt. And i could not eat more than 700calories. Plus people have different appetites and ways of functioning. Yet again as i mentioned i am in no way forcing snone to do a low carb diet but merely offering my support and gaining support of those who wish to do it with me.

Rice, pasta, potato and bread if you go to any doctor or health professional will tell you those 4 items contain the highest amount of carbs.

You only ate chicken and yogurt totaling 700 calories and was full? I thought I had a low appetite. The fat levels with just eating that sounds horribly low to me.

I think I can find the amount of carbs without having to go to a doctor or health professional, especially as this app has them in the database. So, the carb density makes them bad?
  • slimmingteacher
    Options

Why is rice a bad carb?

You only ate chicken and yogurt totaling 700 calories and was full? I thought I had a low appetite. The fat levels with just eating that sounds horribly low to me.

I think I can find the amount of carbs without having to go to a doctor or health professional, especially as this app has them in the database. So, the carb density makes them bad?

There is only so much protein one can have. Following the Dukan diet I lost 1 stone in just over a fortnight. My daily diet was 2 boiled eggs without yolk for breakfast. 3 boiled eggs (2 with yolk and 1 without) for lunch. And half a chicken for dinner. Snacking on fat free yogurt when hungry. Came to roughly 800calories and I burnt off about 400 calories 5 days a week. Consequently the weight came off! Right at the start I ate a lot of chicken then slowly couldn't finish my plate and came down to a quarter. Do not question it unless you try this for a month. Otherwise you're more than welcome to try any diet that you fancy. :)
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Why is rice a bad carb?

There is only so much protein one can have. Following the Dukan diet I lost 1 stone in just over a fortnight. My daily diet was 2 boiled eggs without yolk for breakfast. 3 boiled eggs (2 with yolk and 1 without) for lunch. And half a chicken for dinner. Snacking on fat free yogurt when hungry. Came to roughly 800calories and I burnt off about 400 calories 5 days a week. Consequently the weight came off! Right at the start I ate a lot of chicken then slowly couldn't finish my plate and came down to a quarter. Do not question it unless you try this for a month. Otherwise you're more than welcome to try any diet that you fancy. :)

Do not question? Really?

It seems like there is only so much protein *you* can have. I have a damn site more than that. And no thanks, I am doing perfectly well without that kind of restriction.

Also, why on earth would I want to try a diet that has such low calories that I risk losing muscle mass as well as having a bunch of hormonal issues and have my gym performance go to crap?
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I will like to try it.Now I'm doing LCHF.
  • monisiaczeq
    monisiaczeq Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    i wish low carb worked for me.. unfortunately i cant do it.. i get so moody and tired and upset when on low carb.. but good luck to you!! we are all different and different things work for each of us!
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    Why never again? Considering giving it a shot.

Ended up with terrible energy/endurance levels, cycling through weight loss and weight gain, and in the end, the only way to get the weight off anyway was...you guessed it...counting calories.

And the deprivations...omg...

If it works for others, that's totally cool, but I personally will never ever do it again.

I avoid empty carbs (I ditched the raisin bread i was eating for breakfast, plus the glazed donuts I would grab during the week). I eat healthy food now because it controls my appetite. My carbs are usually between 200-300 a day from vegetables and fruit and I've lost over 50 pounds since this spring (more than my ticker shows). That works for me -- staying within my calories and exercising. I could never go low carb, but wish everybody well who wants to try that diet.
  • chisomokafor
    chisomokafor Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    i'm with u!! doing this right now!!! apart from sunday tho
  • SheGlistensasSheSings
    Options
    My body craves protein and my brain blood sugar feels better when I focus on getting that nutrient as much as possible.
    I still eat tons of veggies(at least 4 cups leafy greens a couple cups other) and berries(a couple cups) and nonfat plain Greek yogurt (a couple cups) though and I feel my insulin spike from all those things leafy greens the least.

How many grams is recommended for low carb blood sugar stability?

Is it ok to eat that much veggies and fruit a plain Greek yogurt? They do have tons of vitamins and calcium but I have to be very careful for blood sugar spikes....
    (And would like to do better at weightloss!)

Thank you so much for any and all responses yes :)
  • svelt123
    svelt123 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hi, Low Carb diets do work BUT, I did the ATKINS diet and I lost weight which resulted with a blood clot in my leg.
    Be very careful with this diet.:ohwell:
  • gigglesinthesun
    gigglesinthesun Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I'd love to give this a try! I eat too many carbs as I'm a vegetarian and tend to replace my meat with carbs instead.. (Bad, i know:() So i would love to give this a try with other determined people to keep me motivated!

it's only bad if you think it is bad and it makes you feel bad. If you feel fine, it's fine
  • Absurdpoetry
    Options
    The low carb diet is what I am going for. It is what I was on and got down to 135lbs. Now I am the highest weight I ever have been :(
  • RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Not for me. Good luck to those doing it though.
  • omerc10696
    omerc10696 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    i did it last year with great results, i gained a lot back though after being put on medication. i tried cutting calories and exercising daily to get the weight back off, it did't work, so i decided to go back to what worked last year. i started my keto diet 2 weeks ago i feel my energy coming back, no longer feeling sluggish and the lbs are starting to come off. im currently restricting myself to 23 - 30 carbs a day, and having a carb up day every 2 weeks.
  • kateheusser
    kateheusser Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Slimming Teacher - I started New Atkins two weeks ago today and have lost 7lbs (on a mix of Stage 1 and Stage 2 foods). It still takes a lot of my time just organising food for me and the family's non-dieters, but I know it's worth it: I lost 35lbs a few years ago doing Atkins. I'm a bit bored with the bars and can't stand the shakes, so I'm trying to swop to real food as soon as possible. Any good recipes, folks? Kate