40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Cool Kids! Monday again! Just seems like they happen too quickly. Made it to the gym on Saturday for some lifting and cardio and did well with the ladies for breakfast!! The rest of my weekend was spent on household chores and grocery shopping. Not all that exciting, but just as important. Today was a gym day and got in a good lifting session plus a little time on the elliptical. Gearing up for a busy week this week. The guys I work with are putting on an original musical this Friday and it's always crazy show week! Aaah!

Have a good day all!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday.

Well, it was a rather quiet, lazy weekend.

The news from my son was not so good - he has been offered a job in BC and they are seriously thinking of accepting! Personally, I don't think the job offer is that great and that they really need to weigh all the pros & cons. Yes, the money may be a bit more (again, not great), but the cost of housing is almost 5x as much as it is here. And, if they go, my DIL refuses to put our granddaughter into daycare, so she would be a stay at home mom. Right there, they are behind the eight ball. I know my son is unhappy at his current job, but this is a huge life changing decision that really needs some serious consideration. At least here, they can survive on his salary and some of her supply teaching. She has taken the year off to stay home another year with their daughter. When she does work, her mother babysits. We'll see how this plays out. Keeping my fingers crossed they look at it all objectively.

No exercise this weekend. It was cold and snowy and I just felt like hibernating. Did manage to get outside and clean up my last big flower bed. It all looks so much better when everything is put to "bed".

Today is Remebrance Day in Canada.
    At the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month, please take the time to Remember Them.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=a+pittance+of+time+terry+kelly+music+video&sm=1
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,969 Member
    Options
    Severe ski, I think BC does have an improving economy.....I would take it over ON, myself.

But, yes, housing can kill - they need to make sure they aren't "house-poor".

Had a good weekend. Really watched my calories. And, TOM arrived - still I did not permit a binge!
  • KellySue67
    Options
    Good morning All! Got in a bit of aerobics this morning and some resistance band work. I had to buy a new scale because my old one broke and would not go past 60lbs! Now the new scale says I weigh several more pounds than the old one did. :sad: I really miss that broken scale!! :ohwell:
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I'm 48 and still doing all of my own stunts!!! Anyone can add me :)
  • NiSan12
    NiSan12 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    43 and loving it. I'm in
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Today launches the 8 week Holiday challenge at my gym in which I signed up for. Today are initial weigh ins that includes weight and measurements taken. Every Tuesday afterwards you weigh in and your results are posted on a board at the gym for ALL to see. I am focused and determined but nervous at the same time.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    KellySue, lol @ new scale. But I know EXACTLY what you mean!! I always weigh at the gym....and when THAT scale broke last year, the one they replaced it with had me up a "few" pounds, too.

The good news is, now I'm down on even that NEW scale!

So, it's all going to be just fine!!
  • TimeWillTell2
    TimeWillTell2 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Kelly Sue - I'm stealing your motivation message! That was awesome! Thanks.
  • badfeet67
    Options
    Good morning All! Got in a bit of aerobics this morning and some resistance band work. I had to buy a new scale because my old one broke and would not go past 60lbs! Now the new scale says I weigh several more pounds than the old one did. :sad: I really miss that broken scale!! :ohwell:

You may need to calibrate it. Check the manual to see if / how.
  • badfeet67
    Options
    46 here and feeling better every day since I started losing.
  • Takes2long
    Takes2long Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    44 Years old. I"m In better shape now than when I was in my 20's or 30's, but also weighing more! I know I have more muscle now...but I also know all the extra weight is NOT miuscle. Wish I would have decided to DO more when I was younger. Who knew exercise could be...........fun ??:laugh:
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Morning!

Hello newcomers!

sdereski - well, BC is a beautiful place to move to, totally biased opinion !! =) where are they headed?

Beeps - wtg for staying strong during the onslought of TOM! That week before, I am carb crazed and carrying an extra few pounds!!

caramel - wtg for joining that challenge! Putting it out there like that is quite motivating =)

Takes2long - AMEN!!

I am in No scale November... I did have to weigh in for the end of an 8 week challenge I was in and man, I wasn't happy about it, I had only lost 2.5lbs!! Then came the measurements and WooHooo, I had 4.5 inches GONE from my hips, thighs and abdomen!! That has definitely reinforced the no-scale for me... I am going to do it monthly now when I do my measurements, instead of weekly as I have been.

I have kicked up my lifting focus and am now doing a 5 day split with cardio 3 days/week on leg day. Booyah!!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Great results, WhataBroad!! Nicely done!!
  • solobiker
    Options
    Whatabroad great job!!

I had to cut back on the HIIT training for a bit due to ankle and foot pain. I am still keeping busy with lifting and core work. I have not lost weight at all and my measurements are the same. However a few coworkers have commented that I look thinner. :-)

I have not been able to log my food for a few days as I have not been near a computer. Back at it.
  • 1968samuel
    1968samuel Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Caramel - I love the idea of an 8 week holiday challenge! Sounds much better than an 8 week binge fest! :laugh:

WhatABroad - Way to go!! That's fabulous! I only weigh myself every 3 - 5 weeks as well. It just works better for me if I focus on the long term lifestyle change. I hope it works for you too! You've made amazing progress!

Love seeing all the new people checking in!! Great stuff!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Today I get to lift! And, the MOST BEAUTIFUL (winter) rainbow was on display on my way to work....on one side of the horizon was a MAGNIFICENT sunrise and on the other side of the horizon, a RAINBOW!

GLORIOUS!
  • KellySue67
    Options
    Beeps- I love days like that! I usually get to see that kind of thing on my way to the gym before work.

Today is a rest day for me. Busy, Busy, Busy!! I am planning on being at the gym tomorrow.

Have a good day all!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    ....and, no lifting for me....my workday has exploded and I'm half-way through my lunch hour. I have an appt after work, so that is that.

BUMMER.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    whatabroad - great results!! It really is the measurements that count the most!

Kellysue - although I believe that measurements are the truer numbers to go by, I am a daily scale stepper, so I can feel your pain. :laugh:

Beeps - what a glorious start to your day!

My son was offered a job in Fort St. John, BC. I too believe BC is a beautiful place to live, but it is SO far from ANY family!!! I worry that my granddaughter will grow up not knowing us or any of her cousins. Right now, she is surrounded with grandparents, great grandparents, aunts/uncles, cousins, etc.
    My son has countered the offer, so we are still waiting to hear. :noway:

Long day yesterday - so no time to get online. When I finally arrived home at 11:00 p.m., the internet was down, so I headed right to bed. Did get my lifting session in and then had curling. Won our game. We are now 2-0. :happy: :laugh: :happy: