LOW CARB DIET from today.- who's with me?

Options

Replies

• lucasizit
    Options
    i started a low carb 28th october...
    just in the start of my 3rd week now.

on 100g carbs, 114g fat, 189g protein.

add me fellow low carbersss. :)
  • valeriejo
    valeriejo Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I follow the Paleo diet. Low carb and I have had much better success with it than a regular diet. Not just for weight loss. I have hypothyroidism and I have never felt as good as I do now that I follow the Paleo diet!
  • LunaInverse
    LunaInverse Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I only eat a lot of carbs on the days I go running. Gotta have that extra energy!!
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I was just diagnosed (within the past week) with type 1 diabetes, and I have to go onto the low-carb diet to maintain my glucose levels. Less than seven days in, I am starving, and my glucose levels are all over the place.
  • wilmadee
    Options
    I started low carb this week. I'll join you! I need to lose about 20 lbs.
  • p0nderful
    p0nderful Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. Its the only eating plan that keeps my blood sugar in check. Right now I am struggling with whether or not to give up beans in addition to rice, pasta, potatoes and processed food. As for the weight loss, it is still slow going.
  • SJKirk51912
    SJKirk51912 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I started low card yesterday. Anyone feel free to add me! I need more friends!
  • angie007az
    angie007az Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I'm always low carb. By that, I mean I don't eat junk. No sugar, white flour, potato chips, etc. With me, it's not a diet. It's a lifestyle.
  • jamie88moore
    jamie88moore Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    it works good for me and takes my sugar addiction away I just need to get started again
  • jamie88moore
    jamie88moore Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    yes perfect
  • 22dream
    22dream Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    im joining every one add me
  • Dewymorning
    Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    What do you consider low carb? Everyone's idea of low carb is so different.

I am with this.

When I describe my current diet to people a lot of them say "Oh, so it is a low carb diet?" But I am still eating lots of carbs through eating heaps of fruit and vegetables, so it is hardly low carbs from my viewpoint.

Lower then my former diet though.
  • HappyHungryHealthy
    HappyHungryHealthy Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I started low carb high fat yesterday and I have my macros set at 25% C 50% 20% P (is that considered low carb?) I'm freaking out a bit because I do seem to be going over on saturated fat quite a lot, so it would be nice to have some people doing the same who could help and give advice. Feel free to add me! :)
  • HappyHungryHealthy
    HappyHungryHealthy Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I mean 30%C 50% F 20%P ????
  • summitrunner
    Options
    Hi guys,

A low carb diet can be as strict as you personally want it and depends a lot on your will power. The general rule I like to follow is:

No bread
    No pasta
    No rice
    No potato
    No junk

If you just follow this rule, the diet is bound to work but like I said it depends on your will power and personal preferences. You can still have legumes like lentils and chick peas in moderation but mainly focus on lean meats, salads, soups and if you like the taste and cant give up on pastas then I suggest looking into slim konjac pasta. Which is made from a vegetable and is an alternative to pasta.

I did an even stricter version of this also known as the Dukan diet in which I just ate chicken and fat free yogurt for about a month and lost just over a stone. But that was just too hard to stick to and I easily got bored and put the weight back on. Therefore, I added fruit and veg (avoiding carby fruit and veg such as potato and mangoes) into my diet with fresh fruit juice and chick peas in moderation. Also read food labels before having sauces and dips as they can included added sugars.

And please feel free to add me and join the group! :) x

Diet is bound to work?? IN
    Carbs turn right into fats anyways. Its like the devils transubstantiation.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,

A low carb diet can be as strict as you personally want it and depends a lot on your will power. The general rule I like to follow is:

No bread
    No pasta
    No rice
    No potato
    No junk

If you just follow this rule, the diet is bound to work but like I said it depends on your will power and personal preferences. You can still have legumes like lentils and chick peas in moderation but mainly focus on lean meats, salads, soups and if you like the taste and cant give up on pastas then I suggest looking into slim konjac pasta. Which is made from a vegetable and is an alternative to pasta.

I did an even stricter version of this also known as the Dukan diet in which I just ate chicken and fat free yogurt for about a month and lost just over a stone. But that was just too hard to stick to and I easily got bored and put the weight back on. Therefore, I added fruit and veg (avoiding carby fruit and veg such as potato and mangoes) into my diet with fresh fruit juice and chick peas in moderation. Also read food labels before having sauces and dips as they can included added sugars.

i like big words. You must know what you are talking about... IN
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,

No bread
    No pasta
    No rice
    No potato
    No junk

...qui tollis carbohydrates mundi;
    miserère nobis.
  • gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but I love my savoury food, and I could not do that lol, I love my crisps too much. I don't eat much bread though or anything like that even though I love it.
  • k_stew_
    Options
    I eat a low-carb diet to help control/slow my cancer. It's not something I'm experimenting with or ever plan on stopping. I'm happy to help anyone who needs help figuring out the low-carb thing. It can be tricky at first!
  • summitrunner
    Options

...qui tollis carbohydrates mundi;
    miserère nobis.
    AMAZING.
    Is that angels singing? You just one upped me in the face.