Tatoos on females

Options

Replies

• MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I know that the idea that tattoos are stupid may come as a huge shock to many of you. Especially to those of you who have invested so much of your time and energy trying to be cool. Oh, how you’ve labored long and hard to come up with that tattoo idea that tells a story. A story of individualism and character. That tattoo that shows you don’t follow the crowd. That tattoo that shows the world how interesting you are. That tattoo that shouts to the world just how much self-confidence, self-respect and self-esteem you have. Ironically, it is these very reasons that tattoos are simply just a dumb idea.

Who are you to decide that the base root of why a person who gets a tattoo is because they are "trying to be cool"? Seriously?

Judge much?

Apparently so.
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Tattoos used to be about rebellion and individuality. Now everyone has them. You stand out more if you don't have one. lol
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options

I don't mind some classy ones here and there, but the ones with full arms, neck back, chest is just disgusting and not to mention it looks retarded.

Well aren't you a lovely person... :noway:

I bet many people could think of many ways to describe you, luckily people have the common decency to keep their mouths shut.
    I really don't give sh1t what you or other people say about me. Maybe that's the difference between me and the rest of the world.
    Wow, yes you entitled to your opinion but the use of the term "retarded" as a derogatory term/description or plain insult reveals just how small minded you truly are.

Maybe it is time to reevaluate the way you communicate and perhaps your judgmental views on the world.

There are A LOT of people on here with children,siblings and friends who have Down Syndrome or intellectual disabilities and you my friend have no doubt offended them all to some degree.

Grow up or shut up!
    Right back at you cupcake.

What do you mean right back at you cupcake, do you not see your insensitivity?

I tend to believe I am behaving in a mature manner, but you sound like a self righteous bigot.
    Because retarded is just a word, and I wasn't talking about someones kids. If people are that sensitive to a word, then that's their problem.
    So all words are fine to use no matter if they are offensive?

So you are OK with racial slurs, homophobic terms, sexist terminology etc
    Touche. I apologize.
  • shazzannon
    shazzannon Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I just love how a couple people have illuded to tatoo's being a fad.... Tattoo's have been around for YEARS! In many cultures they are considered to be a sign of high status, and have been that way for YEARS.

If tattoo's are a fad, then they are the longest running, most successful fad I have ever encountered.

As for getting tattoo's because you lack anything.... everyone has a preference, and trying to say that because I have tattoo's makes me less of a person, or a broken person... That is very sad, and very telling about you, Judgy-McJudgerton!

I have very deep meaning for each one of my tattoo's, and the others I have planned are the same. The majority of the people I know that have them are the same. Have you ever heard the saying, "Don't judge a book by it's cover"? By being judgemental and close-minded, you miss out on getting to know amazing people, and that is a real shame! However, keep wearing your blinders, and miss out on the opportunity to know great people.
    Do a search in any city in north america of how many tattoo shops there were 20 years ago vs today. I bet it's up 500%. That's a fad.

So by that logic, I'm guessing you would consider the likely 500% increase of fast food restaurants, grocery stores, car dealerships, and big box retail chains a "fad" too.
    Wow, people here have problems coming up with viable comparisons. That's your logic, not mine. Car dealerships and tattoo shops are not in the same realm.

My point (and perhaps I should have stated it in my original post) was that an increase in a particular business over decades is not necessarily indicative of a fad, but reflective of the needs of the increasing population over time.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

I don't mind some classy ones here and there, but the ones with full arms, neck back, chest is just disgusting and not to mention it looks retarded.

I bet many people could think of many ways to describe you, luckily people have the common decency to keep their mouths shut.
    I really don't give sh1t what you or other people say about me. Maybe that's the difference between me and the rest of the world.
    Wow, yes you entitled to your opinion but the use of the term "retarded" as a derogatory term/description or plain insult reveals just how small minded you truly are.

Maybe it is time to reevaluate the way you communicate and perhaps your judgmental views on the world.

There are A LOT of people on here with children,siblings and friends who have Down Syndrome or intellectual disabilities and you my friend have no doubt offended them all to some degree.

Grow up or shut up!

I tend to believe I am behaving in a mature manner, but you sound like a self righteous bigot.
    Because retarded is just a word, and I wasn't talking about someones kids. If people are that sensitive to a word, then that's their problem.
    So all words are fine to use no matter if they are offensive?

So you are OK with racial slurs, homophobic terms, sexist terminology etc
    Touche. I apologize.

Whoa... Did that just happen?? :huh:
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options

Grow up or shut up!

Actually I will go with it is your problem, firstly because this lack of compassion. understanding and willingness to stand up for your obvious blatant disrespect for others kind of reveals a miserable person with little understanding of the world and or the concept empathy.

and it also your problem as you have been reported because...

4. Show Respect to All Groups and Individuals

No derogatory references to sex, gender, age, weight, body-type, disability, ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation, or endorsement of violence against any person or group, even if couched in humor, will be permitted. This includes expressing stereotypes about any group or community.
  • Granville_Cocteau
    Granville_Cocteau Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Fashion fads come and go..

... except tattoos have been around as long as civilizations have existed. :flowerforyou:

Sure. But a fad can appear and reappear.

Sailors tatooed themselves during WWII, and so on. It wasn't until the 90s, however, where it became popular en masse among young adults, folks in their 20s/30s. That mass popularity will eventually fade, which makes getting a tattoo a fad.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I know that the idea that tattoos are stupid may come as a huge shock to many of you. Especially to those of you who have invested so much of your time and energy trying to be cool. Oh, how you’ve labored long and hard to come up with that tattoo idea that tells a story. A story of individualism and character. That tattoo that shows you don’t follow the crowd. That tattoo that shows the world how interesting you are. That tattoo that shouts to the world just how much self-confidence, self-respect and self-esteem you have. Ironically, it is these very reasons that tattoos are simply just a dumb idea.

Who are you to decide that the base root of why a person who gets a tattoo is because they are "trying to be cool"? Seriously?

Judge much?

Apparently so.

Whether, it’s a memorial to a dead relative or friend, a shape or text that symbolizes something or a representation of life experience, these are the most saddest and most pretentious of all tattoos. It would seem from the stories told by tattoo enthusiasts that these types of people have trouble remembering the events of their life. Simply unable to remember who has died and what they’ve done in their lives without a visual reference. These types always seem to want to have the most painful and heart wrenching memories inscribed into their flesh. It’s never “This is when I got my PHD.” Or “This is when I started my own business.” It’s always “This is to remind me that my mom died.” Or “My dad use to beat me senseless and this toy was my only refuge from the abuse.” Please. You got that tattoo because it makes you feel like you have a story to tell and you desperately hope someone will ask you to tell it. Then you can appear all deep and introspective when in essence, you’re just desperate for attention. After all, with tattoos you can feel like you’re actually interesting. It’s easier to appear interesting than to actually be interesting.

As a huge fan of the movie Memento, I'm offended.
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I agree, one may say hey look at you with all those abs and muscles, why are you trying to look like a dude? (though I don't think that way, I find it awesome) but some may judge you on that. Why is it okay for you to change your body, but others can't in their own way? I think before one comes here and makes judgmental statements, they should look at their own body modifications. It's one thing to say an opinion, but to put down or offend one who is different then you, just makes you look like a jerk.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    huh... i had no idea this topic would go this way.

lots of unwarranted aspersions bandied about.

kudos, everyone.
  • zazure
    zazure Posts: 18
    Options
    No thanks. In my humble opinion, there is really nothing outside good diet and exercise that can improve the female form. It would be like hanging Motley Crue posters in the Taj Mahal, pointless and detracting from the real work of art.

Good design does not need adornment.

Would you put a bumper sticker on a royal royce? I don't think so. A Hyundai, perhaps but not a RR.

Personally I wouldn't put a bumper sticker on ANY car - being a possession I may someday resell.

My body on the other hand is seen by me, and those I let see it. Do I have Tattoos? Yes. Am I trashy? Perhaps. I'm also a highly educated, well read individual who is not only gainfully employed but a business professional. Do I look like someone who has tattoos? HA! nope. which is the best part of having them.

Do we have to square peg everyone into a stereo type? Much like religion, tattoos are a highly personal decision.

I've read this over and over again... "what is the true difference between a person with tattoos and a person without them?"

................a tattooed person doesnt care if you don't have tattoos.....
  • Bonella
    Bonella Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have a phoenix on my upper right arm and planning to get a small tat on my foot. Both my daughters (and sons) have tattoos and they are all tastefully done. I personally like them if they are well done and have meaning for the person. I was in my 50s when I got mine. When we traveled to Hawaii last year I was surprised at how many women my age and older had tats.
  • NGFive
    NGFive Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I don't have a tat but if I did get ink, it would be a word or phrase on the inside of my wrist or forearm
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options

Judge much?

Apparently so.

Whether, it’s a memorial to a dead relative or friend, a shape or text that symbolizes something or a representation of life experience, these are the most saddest and most pretentious of all tattoos. It would seem from the stories told by tattoo enthusiasts that these types of people have trouble remembering the events of their life. Simply unable to remember who has died and what they’ve done in their lives without a visual reference. These types always seem to want to have the most painful and heart wrenching memories inscribed into their flesh. It’s never “This is when I got my PHD.” Or “This is when I started my own business.” It’s always “This is to remind me that my mom died.” Or “My dad use to beat me senseless and this toy was my only refuge from the abuse.” Please. You got that tattoo because it makes you feel like you have a story to tell and you desperately hope someone will ask you to tell it. Then you can appear all deep and introspective when in essence, you’re just desperate for attention. After all, with tattoos you can feel like you’re actually interesting. It’s easier to appear interesting than to actually be interesting.

So, then, I am guessing that you don't hang pictures on your wall... or have family photos on your dresser. You must not have any art anywhere, as that could be something that could cause someone to think you were appearing deep and introspective. Someone may think that you are trying to appear "classy" and "artistic" because you chose someone's artwork and *gasp* DISPLAYED IT FOR ALL TO SEE. Or heaven forbid you display some of your own artwork... such a shameless display of self-love.

And there's no reason you would ever keep a memento of a dearly departed loved one in a china cabinet... because, my God, SOMEONE might ask you about it... and really you don't need them to do that because you are actually interesting enough to not need such petty trivial items. Hell, I bet you don't even HAVE a china cabinet, because China and collectors items are way too pretentious, and you are so above that.

I am amazed you even have a profile picture up... is that your dog? Some may think that you are posting it because you want other people to see it. Based on your rationale you must be doing it to show off, so that other dog people will think you are cool. There's no way you'd do it because you love your dog. It's all about appearances.

Or those pics of you with medals... my word... those pics couldn't possibly be shameless self promotion, could they?

Pot, meet kettle.
  • tinyzombie
    tinyzombie Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Fashion fads come and go..

... except tattoos have been around as long as civilizations have existed. :flowerforyou:

Sure. But a fad can appear and reappear.

Sailors tatooed themselves during WWII, and so on. It wasn't until the 90s, however, where it became popular en masse among young adults, folks in their 20s/30s. That mass popularity will eventually fade, which makes getting a tattoo a fad.

I feel like you're missing my point. Tattoos have been around for as long as civilizations have existed. Civilization != the USA. I'm referring to the fact that tattoos have been an important part of culture for a very long time (much longer than the USA has even been its own country). I don't think you can really call something a fad when it's been around this long, and is worldwide.
  • SrJoben
    SrJoben Posts: 484 Member
    Options

Judge much?

Apparently so.

So your thesis is "Whatever you think is important isn't. Shut up."

Wow. You are a jerk. ...shut up.
  • SpookyElectric
    SpookyElectric Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I think it's safe to say my International modelling days are behind me.

My body is a canvas, I will decorate it any way I want to.

When you're 80, you can count your wrinkles - I'll look at my ink and remember the good times!
  • SF2514
    SF2514 Posts: 794 Member
    Options

There's no reason to make it worse for yourself though, is there? Show me ONE 60 year old tattoo on an 80 year old that doesn't look like absolute trashy crap, and I'll shut up. If that's cool with you, and you don't mind grossing out your grandchildren every time you sunbathe, I guess that's ok. No judgement, I suppose there are worse things you can do to yourself, like smoke meth. :/ For myself I'll pass, though.

First off, when my grandkids see me, it isn't going to be jaw dropping shocker to see grandma with tattoos. It will be the norm for that generation. And secondly, I can give a rats *kitten* what my grandkids think of my tats. These tattoos were for ME not for anyone else. My kids love them and I'm sure they will teach their kids to love or at least respect people who has them and not be a judgmental moron.

Oh, look everybody! ANOTHER little girl screeching about how "I' don't care what people think about me". Cute. My niece says the same thing all time.

She's twelve.

When one grows up one realizes that what others think of you can make the difference of getting accepted into a nice colleges, landing the job of your dreams, or being approved for a loan that can change your life. Most adults care about that kind of stuff.

There's a difference between just being secure in yourself, and purposely attempting to shock and offend the world by giving the finger to society "just cause" and accusing everyone of being "judgmental" when they actually are offended.

I also wanted to say since you want to be so judgmental. I would never hire you. *edited to follow "rules"* What I said before would have been much more unpleasant =). I'd rather hire someone with tattoos.
  • parkscs
    parkscs Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    It still amazes me that people get tattoos, but if anything they're getting more popular. Personally I don't think they look good on anyone. I don't think they make guys look hard, and I definitely don't think they make women look more attractive. That said, it's just my opinion (and not that strong of one at that). To each their own.
  • Bonella
    Bonella Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Would you put a bumper sticker on a royal royce? I don't think so. A Hyundai, perhaps but not a RR.
    [/quote]

I didn't read ll the replies before I posted my previous reply, but this is so funny. Just wondering what a royal royce is.....LOL!

BTW...I'm a professional with a college degree, as are my children. My tat does mean something to me and if anyone doesn't like it, they are free to look away.