• _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    RESECT YOURSELVES AT ALL TIMES

mills.gif
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Tattoos are so trashy. I like to keep my temple pure.

Says the woman hiking up her skirt.

THANK YOU.
    Pretty sure she is just showing her quads. And what lovely quads they are :heart: :drinker:
  • BajaDreamin333
    BajaDreamin333 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I can only imagine what those butterflies and roses will look like in 20 - 30 years. I don't want anything to emphasize my skin is aging, and a tat is a sure way to show "the way it was". One or two in a hidden spot are nice. Obvious is a little trashy to me.
  • CheeksBryant
    CheeksBryant Posts: 193 Member
    Options

2013-11-12111724.jpg

Just finished a side piece (profile pic) and I couldn't be happier with all of my tattoos.

^^this
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I personally don't want them and don't have them.

What bothered me more recently was a discussion regarding people with borderline pd and how some use tatoos to self harm. In other words, it is the 'socially acceptable' way to cut yourself (one trait common to a lot of people with this disorder). I think now I can never look at someone with tatoos covering their body and not wonder about them. One or a few is one thing, but all over the body and I have to wonder if they are doing it because they enjoy pain. :-(

or for some, it's like armor for them....keeping people away. People that don't judge will not let the tattoos bother them, and will get through that tough exterior to the heart underneath it all. (example: my hubby)
    I always say that my tattoos and piercings are like a test: if you're going to judge or degrade me based on them, you've already informed me that you are NOT worth my time and effort.

People judge all he time. That is human nature and will not go away. Some toxic judgements are very unhealthy to all involved and hopefully can be corrected. Some judgements are not unhealthy. Sometimes when we fail to correctly perceive a judge a situation we may put ourselves in danger. See the book The Gift of Fear for a full discussion.

I agree that for someone to base judgements of character simply on outside criteria, including tattos, is an unhealthy judgement.

In the same token. It wasn't my discussion on tatoos. It was someone with bpd. And I cannot undo the discussion that I heard. Nor do I think everyone with a lot of tatoos has bpd. But, some do also.
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Indeed. I hate looking around me and seeing what looks like the cast of a “Genghis Kahn” movie. I hate seeing people who are emotionally scarred and deeply disturbed being taken advantage of by yet another money making trend. But mostly, I hate seeing people thinking that their outward appearance can somehow make up for their lack of personality. I believe that most people who get tattooed today simply want acceptance and attention and, in their desperation, have had to resort to mutilating themselves. Tattoos are a cry for help. A Band-Aid on a deep seeded emotion and/or mental breakdown. I would suggest looking for a way to appreciate yourself as you are rather than trying to hide behind lame artwork and inane symbolism.

My personality is super freaking awesome, and I don't have any deep seeded emotional trauma and have never had a mental breakdown. I think I'm the coolest person in the entire universe.
    This coming from a person that loves themselves SO much that they have a fat cat as their picture... Right.
  • wjstoj
    wjstoj Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    *tattoos

also, it drives me bonkers when men call women "females." sounds so scientific/clinical.
    This

As for tattoos on women - don't know why it would be any different than tattoos on men...there are some good ones and some bad ones, and to each their own
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    Perfect example; Left= hot, Right = disgusting.

bert.gif
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Might want to do some housecleaning in your mind then.

Ooh, beautiful burn!
    lame.gif
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Wheni was young....I was very tempted to get one..... but I couldn't afford to..... paying bills, putting food on the table, came first. Now I am glad I didn't. They look ugly when you wrinkle from aging. Who wants a tat that looks like it needs ironing!

When I am 90, no one is going to want to see my wrinkled *kitten* ANYWAY so why shouldn't I enjoy my tattoos while I can, and have some cool stories to tell later.

Seriously. I think that's the dumbest reason for not getting tattoos. I see old men with old WWII tattoos and yeah, it's hard to tell what it was but it's still awesome.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    well this thread is looking promising!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I like it when the tat is right above the cat.
  • iamanadult
    iamanadult Posts: 709 Member
    Options

THANK YOU.

Um that's obvs a man, not woman.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    I like it when the tat is right above the cat.

I used to have a mouse there but my ***** ate it.
  • IhScoutII
    IhScoutII Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Indeed. I hate looking around me and seeing what looks like the cast of a “Genghis Kahn” movie. I hate seeing people who are emotionally scarred and deeply disturbed being taken advantage of by yet another money making trend. But mostly, I hate seeing people thinking that their outward appearance can somehow make up for their lack of personality. I believe that most people who get tattooed today simply want acceptance and attention and, in their desperation, have had to resort to mutilating themselves. Tattoos are a cry for help. A Band-Aid on a deep seeded emotion and/or mental breakdown. I would suggest looking for a way to appreciate yourself as you are rather than trying to hide behind lame artwork and inane symbolism.

..you know what I hate? People who judge and think they know everything about a person by looking at them...those people usually hate themselves so the judge other people....
  • kellenas
    kellenas Posts: 154
    Options

2013-11-12111724.jpg

Just finished a side piece (profile pic) and I couldn't be happier with all of my tattoos.

Exactly! I have 8 with plans for more. They all mean something to me. To each his/her own.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Well, this thread is going in a predictable direction.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

THANK YOU.

Um that's obvs a man, not woman.

No. She's a woman. (And being sarcastic, I'm pretty sure)
  • latenitelucy
    latenitelucy Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I don't mind some classy ones here and there, but the ones with full arms, neck back, chest is just disgusting and not to mention it looks retarded.

Perfect example; Left= hot, Right = disgusting.
    katvondtattooconcealer.jpg

Way to shame!
  • tinyzombie
    tinyzombie Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Don't feed the troll, guys. ;)