Tatoos on females

Options

Replies

• tinyzombie
    tinyzombie Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I personally don't want them and don't have them.

What bothered me more recently was a discussion regarding people with borderline pd and how some use tatoos to self harm. In other words, it is the 'socially acceptable' way to cut yourself (one trait common to a lot of people with this disorder). I think now I can never look at someone with tatoos covering their body and not wonder about them. One or a few is one thing, but all over the body and I have to wonder if they are doing it because they enjoy pain. :-(

or for some, it's like armor for them....keeping people away. People that don't judge will not let the tattoos bother them, and will get through that tough exterior to the heart underneath it all. (example: my hubby)
    I always say that my tattoos and piercings are like a test: if you're going to judge or degrade me based on them, you've already informed me that you are NOT worth my time and effort.
  • iamanadult
    iamanadult Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Tattoos are so trashy. I like to keep my temple pure.
    And quit the slut-shaming attitude, because that is certainly one big impurity. You're setting your own sex back a hundred years with that backwards attitude.

tumblr_mv8q70YIrE1qgi05ko1_400.gif
  • KittenIsLosingIt
    Options

Says the woman hiking up her skirt.

THANK YOU.
  • CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I love 2 of mine, but they have meaning behind them regarding my relationship with Christ, but my first one was a rebellion tattoo 13 yrs ago now know as a (TRAMP STAMP) yay :-( Completely regret that one. I am thinking of getting one more representing my children and to the Angel I lost. But to each their own, I do like mine and may get more for personal reasons/likings :-)
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I don't mind some classy ones here and there, but the ones with full arms, neck back, chest is just disgusting and not to mention it looks retarded.

Perfect example; Left= hot, Right = disgusting.
    katvondtattooconcealer.jpg
  • JeniferEverx3
    JeniferEverx3 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I have 6. But they are spread out and all in places that can be covered up for the most part unless it's summer time. One on my right hip, one on my left ankle, one on my shoulder/back, one on my right calf, my right upper arm, and one on my pelvis. My boyfriend doesn't like chest tattoos on women or women who just have one tattoo on the front of their thigh LOL
  • TripleRadiance275
    TripleRadiance275 Posts: 148 Member
    Options

I always say that my tattoos and piercings are like a test: if you're going to judge or degrade me based on them, you've already informed me that you are NOT worth my time and effort.

Exactly!
  • vinniesooner
    vinniesooner Posts: 119 Member
    Options

This. Why try to cover up a masterpiece??

What if we're not a masterpiece, what if we're more like...a velvet poster of a whale humping a dolphin? Is it ok to get tattoos then?

A whale humping a dolphin? Brilliant!
  • NeonHeartz444
    Options

I'm trashy and proud!
  • tinyzombie
    Options
    I don't mind some classy ones here and there, but the ones with full arms, neck back, chest is just disgusting and not to mention it looks retarded.

You are stunningly rude.
  • IamUndrCnstruction
    IamUndrCnstruction Posts: 691 Member
    Options

^^ TO some extent, this.

"Tattoos can be a window into my soul...or a shield against those without the wit to look beyond them"

ETA: that that did not work at all the way I had wanted the quoting process to come out, sorry.
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options

You are stunningly rude.
    Entitled to an opinion, just like you.
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options

...disgusting??? .... wow....disgusting would be your choice to use the word retarded for starters...and I shall leave it at that.
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options

Occasionally, I've seen girls with too many/tattoos that look like crap. Personally, I think Kat Von D is super freaking sexy, with or without tattoos. Definitely not close to disgusting.
  • CheeksBryant
    CheeksBryant Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I personally don't want them and don't have them.

What bothered me more recently was a discussion regarding people with borderline pd and how some use tatoos to self harm. In other words, it is the 'socially acceptable' way to cut yourself (one trait common to a lot of people with this disorder). I think now I can never look at someone with tatoos covering their body and not wonder about them. One or a few is one thing, but all over the body and I have to wonder if they are doing it because they enjoy pain. :-(

or for some, it's like armor for them....keeping people away. People that don't judge will not let the tattoos bother them, and will get through that tough exterior to the heart underneath it all. (example: my hubby)

exactly, and what a reward those people usually are. People see us together (judging), wow they don't match lol! People have got to learn the beauty of the heart before making assumptions
  • tinyzombie
    Options
    ...disgusting??? .... wow....disgusting would be your choice to use the word retarded for starters...and I shall leave it at that.

Exactly.
  • SassyClassyandALittleBadAssy
    Options

2013-11-12111724.jpg

Just finished a side piece (profile pic) and I couldn't be happier with all of my tattoos.
  • PlanetoftheAtheists
    Options
    Indeed. I hate looking around me and seeing what looks like the cast of a “Genghis Kahn” movie. I hate seeing people who are emotionally scarred and deeply disturbed being taken advantage of by yet another money making trend. But mostly, I hate seeing people thinking that their outward appearance can somehow make up for their lack of personality. I believe that most people who get tattooed today simply want acceptance and attention and, in their desperation, have had to resort to mutilating themselves. Tattoos are a cry for help. A Band-Aid on a deep seeded emotion and/or mental breakdown. I would suggest looking for a way to appreciate yourself as you are rather than trying to hide behind lame artwork and inane symbolism.
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    In for Kat Von D.

And also so people can look at my big *kitten* band aid that is my cry for help.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Don't put a bumper sticker on a Bentley.

I do have a pretty interesting scar, though.