Tatoos on females

Options

Replies

• mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    I have my entire rib cage covered for the pure reason that it truly upsets others.

-__-
  • brooklynnchick
    Options
    I grew up in very conservative Christian fam - so tats were straight out. at age 17 i was holding a bottle of sleeping pills thinking about and firmly set on suicide. I'd been diag'd w/ med conditn that requires lifelong Chemo and a two month hospital stay.

I was so angry, I was swearing and hollering at God! Out loud I said, "If you've got anything to tell me You better say it now because Im comin to see you in a minute and you have a f_____in' lot to explain!"

I flipped open the Bible and stabbed my finger onto the page. The vs was Psalm 119:75, "[God] your ways are good and you are allowing these hard times so that i get stronger" I flushed the pills.

15 yrs later had the verse translated to Hebrew and tatt'd in blacklight ink on my wrist. It reminds me, even when i dont understand why there is suffering, even when the light itself is black my God shines out for me

Things that have directly come from this & my med prob: I met my husband, saved ,roomates life and helped dr.s find her genetic disorder, 4 friends, at diff times, were in the process of suicide and I could empathize and love them out of their want for death, that's the big stuff. too many little incidents to list!
  • wjstoj
    wjstoj Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    This thread took a wrong turn towards lock-ville
  • DeputySox
    Options
    I don't have tattoos. Whatever someone chooses to put on their body is their own business. Judging someone's character based upon whether someone has one or doesn't is moronic. Drive on!
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    I have my entire rib cage covered for the pure reason that it truly upsets others.

-__-

so is that like IRL trolling?
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    In for Kat Von D.

And also so people can look at my big *kitten* band aid that is my cry for help.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

nice band aid!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I would like to get a tattoo...do they hurt?

to answer the op....if she is pretty doesn't matter how many tattoos.
    ugly is ugly with or without tattoos.
  • CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Good Gravy, everyone's panties are twisted into a Wad over this thread...
  • lorenzovonmatterhorn7549
    Options
    I'm of the opinion that less is better but that's just me
  • LowFatMama
    LowFatMama Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    ....are HAWT ! :heart:
  • lissaann29078
    lissaann29078 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Tattoos are so trashy. I like to keep my temple pure.

My temple likes to have decoration.

Mine too!
  • _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I do NOT see myself as trashy, or that I
    hide behind lame artwork and inane symbolism.

I am a mother 2 beautiful daughters and happily married to their father that I have been with for 16 yrs. My first Tat was a custom piece on hip bone, and my reward to myself for accomplishing my weight/fitness goals will be having that one covered up with a new image (first one I still like just would rather a custom made Koi fish there). My second piece is what some would call a "tramp stamp" that is custom, larger than most lower back tats and I love it. I got it for my 33rd birthday.
    tattoo_zps508e1633.jpg

edited to add, personally I prefer mine to be able to be covered, but the way people express themselves with their bodies has ZERO to do with being "trashy" or emotionally unstable. Trashy is having the attitude that some on this thread have shown, thats said attitude also points at some emotional and mental instability that those that are that judgmental have.

also the anagram tat (pictured earlier) is AWESOME
  • KD454
    KD454 Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Tattoos are so trashy. I like to keep my temple pure.

I'm trashy and proud!
    You tell em girl!!
  • emartin17
    emartin17 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    With or without is okay by me. I have 4 personally. All are hidden when need be except when its blazing hot out. I do have plans for more- I can't wait to be a tatted up by personal wants not for public gains or friend gain. I want them cause I want them. But yeah, personal bias says girls with tatts (decent ones not those that are "overboard" [meaning the ones that are completely lewd])
  • kellenas
    kellenas Posts: 154
    Options
    I grew up in very conservative Christian fam - so tats were straight out. at age 17 i was holding a bottle of sleeping pills thinking about and firmly set on suicide. I'd been diag'd w/ med conditn that requires lifelong Chemo and a two month hospital stay.

I was so angry, I was swearing and hollering at God! Out loud I said, "If you've got anything to tell me You better say it now because Im comin to see you in a minute and you have a f_____in' lot to explain!"

I flipped open the Bible and stabbed my finger onto the page. The vs was Psalm 119:75, "[God] your ways are good and you are allowing these hard times so that i get stronger" I flushed the pills.

15 yrs later had the verse translated to Hebrew and tatt'd in blacklight ink on my wrist. It reminds me, even when i dont understand why there is suffering, even when the light itself is black my God shines out for me

Things that have directly come from this & my med prob: I met my husband, saved ,roomates life and helped dr.s find her genetic disorder, 4 friends, at diff times, were in the process of suicide and I could empathize and love them out of their want for death, that's the big stuff. too many little incidents to list!

LOVE THIS
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I love the one I have, and it means a lot to me (represents my two daughters). I'd love another, but won't get it until I have the design entrenched in my mind. :)
  • PlanetoftheAtheists
    Options
    Indeed. I hate looking around me and seeing what looks like the cast of a “Genghis Kahn” movie. I hate seeing people who are emotionally scarred and deeply disturbed being taken advantage of by yet another money making trend. But mostly, I hate seeing people thinking that their outward appearance can somehow make up for their lack of personality. I believe that most people who get tattooed today simply want acceptance and attention and, in their desperation, have had to resort to mutilating themselves. Tattoos are a cry for help. A Band-Aid on a deep seeded emotion and/or mental breakdown. I would suggest looking for a way to appreciate yourself as you are rather than trying to hide behind lame artwork and inane symbolism.

..you know what I hate? People who judge and think they know everything about a person by looking at them...those people usually hate themselves so the judge other people....

sloth.gif
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I'm of the opinion that less is better but that's just me
    This exactly.
  • CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    Options

LOVE THIS

Thank you for posting this!
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I have 6 tattoos. And obviously you can see one of them in my picture. I LOVE them and so does my husband. Next is one on my hip or a half sleeve.