Replies

• ToFatT0B3S1ck
    ToFatT0B3S1ck Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    The more, the better.
  • iamanadult
    iamanadult Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Tattoos are so trashy. I like to keep my temple pure.

This. Why try to cover up a masterpiece??
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I love them and have 3 currently. I have plans for 2 more in the near future :drinker:
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options

What if we're not a masterpiece, what if we're more like...a velvet poster of a whale humping a dolphin? Is it ok to get tattoos then?
  • WJZR
    WJZR Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Wheni was young....I was very tempted to get one..... but I couldn't afford to..... paying bills, putting food on the table, came first. Now I am glad I didn't. They look ugly when you wrinkle from aging. Who wants a tat that looks like it needs ironing!
  • Kita328
    Kita328 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    << Trashy and proud.

Yes Ma'am. As am I.

That being said people at work are shocked once they know-as if a "certain TYPE" has them, and I dont fit that model.
  • LarryDUk
    LarryDUk Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I have never had sex with a woman because of her tats and I have never said no because of her tats.

I think if she had one or more on her face I might have declined!
  • SuperKeely
    SuperKeely Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Love good ones. Hate flash art even though my 18 year old self got some. It will be covered. This is my fave. An ambigram of my daughters' names. Kali and Emma. It is on my left arm.

phonepics008_zps5747a1f5.jpg

THAT IS AWESOME.
  • SF2514
    SF2514 Posts: 794 Member
    Options

Says the woman hiking up her skirt.
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I personally don't want them and don't have them.

What bothered me more recently was a discussion regarding people with borderline pd and how some use tatoos to self harm. In other words, it is the 'socially acceptable' way to cut yourself (one trait common to a lot of people with this disorder). I think now I can never look at someone with tatoos covering their body and not wonder about them. One or a few is one thing, but all over the body and I have to wonder if they are doing it because they enjoy pain. :-(
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I love tattooed women
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options

Maybe they're just adding to the awesomeness of their masterpiece?? Most of my work is on my arms, I didn't have any issues with my arms beforehand lol
    Also, for women that do cover up scars and whatnot with tattoos, they take something that might've been a painful reminder and cover it with something of their choosing that they deem beautiful. How is that trashy?
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Tatt'ed and proud. Star of Life back piece. (I am a paramedic) Mountain/Backpacker on my thigh (Glacier National Park is my back yard.) Frog Prince, in white ink on my left inner wrist. Granny Smith Apple on my right inner forearm. (my last name is Smith and when my granddaughter was born I decided that my 'grandmother name" would NEVER be Granny Smith so my sweet Delia calls me APPLES! Best grandma name ever, no?) I have a jaguar on my right hip, from college/Army days. And just started my half-sleeve last week. (A snowy mountain snow swirl/alpine glow on my right arm.) Another is already in artistic development...something from Alice in Wonderland....but still working on getting the right look/feel for that one. My tatts are to me what another's journal might be to them. No flash. Every one meaningful to me.
  • hep26000
    hep26000 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I have 3 of them. Not proud of two that I have. They were just because ones that do not mean anything. I have a HUGE tramp stamp of a fairy. I have a small heart somewhere else below the belt but the one I love is my newest one. It is on the inside of my wrist and it says 'sister' in a cursive writing. My sister has the same one. We are like best friends and that one means so much to me.
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    I guess all these pure and holy temples don't take a crap then huh?

Kind of ruins the perfect image.

Tat's make everything better.
  • LadyZephyr
    LadyZephyr Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I love my ink and I'd have so much more if I had the money. I've had three in total (2 on my chest, one being a cover up) and one on my back. Next up will be the start of my sleeve tattoos - a pin-up style mermaid on one upper arm, a phoenix lady in Alphonse Mucha style on the other.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options

<~~~~~~rocks trashy
  • SF2514
    Options

I wouldn't think it has anything to do with that for most people. I am planning my tattoo very carefully. I consider myself to be decent looking. It has nothing to do with covering up what I consider beautiful. I would like to cover things that I consider ugly (scars) with art that is meaningful and I find beautiful. Also, so I don't have to think twice before putting on certain clothing.
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    << Trashy and proud.

with ya :drinker:
  • SF2514
    Options

Maybe they're just adding to the awesomeness of their masterpiece?? Most of my work is on my arms, I didn't have any issues with my arms beforehand lol
    Also, for women that do cover up scars and whatnot with tattoos, they take something that might've been a painful reminder and cover it with something of their choosing that they deem beautiful. How is that trashy?

This is my reasoning exactly. Thank you! lol.