What does your screen name mean?

Options

Replies

• snookeroo
    snookeroo Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I've been a fan of Bernie Taupin since forever. I just picked a title of an obscure song that he wrote. (I didn't want something obvious like Rocket Man or Honky Cat.) I am also a big Beatles fan and this song was written for and recorded by Ringo Starr. Plus, I think it's a catchy tune.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8xHa_nqOdc
  • missjo113
    Options
    My name is Joanne. After I lost 49 pounds, a co-worker started calling me Miss Jo from the book Little Women because I was getting 'little'. The name stuck. 113 is my goal weight. I was there for about 8 years... only have 10 more pounds to loose to get back to there FOR GOOD THIS TIME!
  • truckerchic
    truckerchic Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have been a truck driver for over 12 yrs, I started using Truckerchic as my online ids and log ins, than it became my CB handle
  • mrsoverload
    Options
    mrs (married) overload (overweight) - i so hate this name now but it's tied to other things of mine.
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    When the interwebs started I was Rogue. I worked the interwebs so I was early in and got it. THEN - things changed over and someone else got it so I got GambitsGirl (who IS rogue). Welllll... one day I apparently logged in here by buttdialing on my iphone and it changed it to hambitsgirl. I WAS MORTIFIED. But I didn't notice for 2 weeks since it stayed logged in. You can go check - gambitsgirl is still out here. :-( All my loss was on HamibitsGirl so I kept it.
  • BellyLaugh
    BellyLaugh Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    kf are my initials and sooner is for the University of Oklahoma!! GO SOONERS!!

I've teased A LOT about missing East Texas and being transplanted to Oklahoma (Blanchard/Dibble area) but I can say this, Oklahomans LOVE, LOVE, LOVE their football. Our church even has a "Watch Party" for one of the big games.
  • BellyLaugh
    Options
    Mine is easy.. I was a soldier and I am a warrior for Christ. Plus i try to always be "knightly" in my actions. Regardless of what history tells us my view of knighthood was a defeneder for God, the weak and all who need him. A knight is righteous, forgiving, kind, strong, understanding, and a gentelman in my mind. So I am Knight of God.

Love it and so true!
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    Azdak is a minor character who becomes a pivotal figure in Bertolt Brecht's play, Die Kaukasische Kreidekreis. He is a survivor who uses his wits to prevail over those more powerful than he. His outward cynicism and irreverence masks his innate sense of humanity and empathy.
  • BellyLaugh
    Options
    Who doesn't love to laugh? My husband saw my screen name and said I should be SQUEALER I guess because I'm demonstrative and apparently I can't watch a movie without screaming at the startling parts and giggling at everything funny or cute; I think they're involuntary responses since half the time I don't realize I'm doing it. Apparently I talk, scream and toss like crazy in my sleep too. Back to the question - to me a BELLYLAUGH is one that makes my stomach start to ache and I'm begging the person or situation spurring on the laughter to stop because it hurts too much! Fun-fun! Besides, I needed a screen name that would help me smile even on not-so-great-days when I log onto MFP.
  • iamstaceywood
    iamstaceywood Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    i am recently married (may) and have been with my now hubby for forever ever. It was 12 years before we tied the knot. So, I've always felt like stacey wood but, never was. well, now I AM STACEY WOOD. and I like it. Maiden nam eis plante, how funny is that?
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    Milo is my nickname, from the character Milo Bloom in the Berkley Breathed comic strip "Bloom County". Milo was the foil to yuppie Lawyer Steve Dallas. It was bestowed upon me by some of my friends in college. 83 is the year i graduated HS. It is also my screen name on Pokerstars.com. :drinker:
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    I love mangoes!!!!!!!
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I am Mexican and love Spanish Rock & am into the Sun, Moon & Star decor. SO this is my screenname:
    Luna=Moon
    Rokra (altered Rockera) =Rocker:glasses:

i am not a musician but if i could have I would have been instead of going into Accounting, worst career choice ever. Oh well, it is what is.

I love MUSIC.:love:

:drinker:
  • gingermoon
    gingermoon Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Mine is pretty blah.
    Just my name.
    Ginger is a variation of Virginia and moon is the first 4 letters of my last name, Mooney.
    Plus I use to have ginger colored hair and really like ginger snaps (which was also one of my nicknames a long time ago). lol
    Nothing smells better than fresh cut ginger too!
  • jpease
    jpease Posts: 8
    Options
    First initial of my first name J (Joshua) and my last name (Pease)
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I write fantasy novels and I love playing Warcraft...Lyadeia is a character from one of the books I wrote, and then I used the name again as a human paladin in Warcraft. :flowerforyou:
  • BlutAura
    Options
    I had a friend at school and 6th form nicknamed JesusDude... I was his partner in crime as it were and often got him into trouble so someone one day shouted to us JesusDude and DevilDude.... Then it got changed to LuciferDude, then just lucifer. Once I started playing MMOs such as GW and LOTRO I added the -on bit to make it sound a bit more elvish sounding.

Geeky but meh :P
  • ley1
    ley1 Posts: 115
    Options
    mine is because my name is Ellie and if you say LE then it sounds the same, Y is the first letter of my surname and i just added the 1 on after.

so Ellie Y becomes LEY1 :)
  • vi_msbehavin
    vi_msbehavin Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    My screen name is VI_MsBehavin (most sites don't allow the underscore)

V.I = I was born in the Virgin Islands
    MsBehavin = I wanted a different variation on misbehaving...this is what I came up with back in high school while hanging out in the yahoo chat rooms. I've used it ever since.
  • Caperfae
    Caperfae Posts: 433
    Options
    Caperfae = I am originally from Cape Breton Island (we're called Capers) and I love Faeries (aka Fairies) .. :flowerforyou: