Replies

• pamp1emousse
    pamp1emousse Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    I agree with you about the diet pop, I think it's cheating too, but I neve drink diet pop so I dunno lol. I only drink water and black tea during my fast too :bigsmile:
    I'm starting again tonight at probably 7, I will only do this twice a week max though, more than that feels like too much for me, personally.
  • iamstaceywood
    iamstaceywood Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    So,first day fasting. I chose my days based on my work schedule since I work in a restaurant. It's really hard to be good. I manage itmost of th etime. I've been wavering lately and making some mediocre choices. So, I thought this may help meget back on track.
    I am done at 7pm. its 230 now. 4 and a half hours. And I don't think I'm hungry yet. I think im just thinkinga bout food coz i've sworn it off. I like this alot i think. I'd really like to manage to do it two days a week. I'm thinking monday into tuesday and i can't figure out what he other day should be. hmmmm. I'll keep at it.
    HOwever, just drinking water and some diet iced tea, ik know, its kinda like cheating but, its making it smoother. Next time just water will be fine.
  • KellyBurton1
    KellyBurton1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    bumping forsure:tongue:
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I agree you should not drink diet soda during the fast because it will make you crave food! Best to drink coffee and teas.
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    2.5 hrs to go and I think the green tea has me overstimulated, I can feel my heart pounding down my throat. At first I felt nauseous and weak, like maybe I needed to eat, but strangely walking around helped.

The question is, why am I watching man vs food while fasting and using my stepper? :laugh:
  • iamstaceywood
    Options
    Fast 1, down. Ended at 7pm. Had some caserole I whiped up of butternut squash, butter beans, apples, and seasonings. Delish! and now having a little bowl of smartpop. Then im calllin it a day. Got my new treadmil so, Ima hit that thing tomorrow!
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I get used to this diet that I don't get tired at all on fasting days. I used to eat a big dinner after fasting now I just eat a light dinner. Sometimes I'm lazy I just skip dinner also since I don't want to cook. I do like this diet since I can eat whatever I want. I used to count calorie when i just started but not any more. I hardly feel guilty from eating so in a way it helps me to chose more healthy food. I feel more happy with my body I used to spend so much time on cardio workout so I can burn an extra 500 cal each session. One fasting day, I can skip 4 cardio sessions. Now I focus my cardio workout on improving my heart so I only do 15 minutes HIIT 3 times a week and that's it. I lose average about 2 lbs each week.
    On fasting day, I only drink filtered water. I've been reading on detoxing so I may try some of them next week.
  • Troutman
    Options
    Just so you all know. Your skipping meals not fasting. Fasting is going to bed, getting up the next day & not eating the whole day. Going to bed without eating. Getting up the next day then you eat.
  • cutmd
    Options
    hurray for the big juicy plum that's breaking my fast! That may be the last time I wake up early in the am on a fast day to burn 600 calories on the elliptical :noway: Next time I save it for towards the end of my fast
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    iamstaceywood - I can't imagine working in a restaurant and fasting. Congrats on your first fast.

Cutmd - Lovin the new pic. Awesome.

I'm doing my fast starting after dinner tonight. Hoping for an early dinner, done by 6:30 is my goal anyway. Need to go buy some more spicy cinnamon tea to get prepared. No exercise other than a walk today. But busy day tomorrow, so hopefully that will make the fast fly by with a little Zumba in the morning.
  • manda1284
    Options
    Fasting today until 10pm. I actually started my fast at 5 yesterday, but then my coworkers wanted to go out an grab dinner and a couple drinks for happy hour...... So we'll see how it goes today. Heading to the gym now!
  • Casi23
    Casi23 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Bump!

My apologies if this has already been addressed...but is this an actual lifestyle change? Or just a good option to bust through a plateau?

I've dropped about 15 pounds in the last few months and am trying to lose the last 5-10 pounds. This seems like a good method, but not sure how it will pan out for my long-term weight loss/healthy lifestyle success. I do Insanity in the mornings 5 days a week, and the evenings I lift 4x a week and 6-7 days a week I run/bike/ellipticize (sp...?) for about an hour. I would like to be able to keep my two-a-days up without losing the muscle I've put on. But I've been stuck at the same weight and boday fat (25%) for almost two months now!

I'd be interested to hear from someone who's been doing this for a while. Thanks!
  • SkierElle
    SkierElle Posts: 335
    Options
    Hey everyone,
    seems like you all have been having success with this so far which is good!!

Today i am fasting till 6:00 or so... I have this dinner to go to at Olive garden for a club im involved with... ugh. not that I don't like olive garden, but it's SO expensive for a poor college student!! and i'll probably get the cheapest thing on the menu :)

It's my only day off from school and work today, other than Saturday, and I am canning applesauce I am making from my tree in my backyard. it IS hard making all this wonderful smelling applesauce and not having any! But that made me think about there is a time and a place for everything, and I will get to enjoy this applesauce in January or February! it's kind of like the just-because-it's-there-you-don't-have-to-have-it mentality. Which is good for things besides food as well.

For Casi23, I haven't been doing this that long so I'm no one to talk, but I am guessing that after I lose what I want then I will go down to one day a week of fasting. For maintenance, but also to give my digestive system a break and for emotional reasons as well.

Troutman, not eating for 24 hours is fasting. Look up the definition. it's a period abstaining from all food. The ESE way of fasting is less extreme than not eating for a full day (ie. what you said: going to bed, getting up the next day & not eating the whole day. Going to bed without eating. Getting up the next day then you eat, because that would be about 36 hours rather than 24, which is a bit long for doing 2-3x a week (I think). But yes, it is the same as skipping meals... any length of fasting is skipping meals.
  • jb_sweet_99
    Options
    I'm on my second fast for the week, less than 3 hours to go!! :bigsmile:
  • jb_sweet_99
    Options
    And I made it! :bigsmile:
  • SkierElle
    SkierElle Posts: 335
    Options
    Done with the third and final fast for the week :) Even though I made all that applesauce! Now lets hope friday and saturday aren't tooooo bad!

Next big challenge: halloweeeeeen!
    On sunday I am going to have breakfast, then go ride the horses, fast till Monday morning. first Halloween in about 18 years without having ANY candy! NO alcohol, either! it's gonna happen. Who's with me?!!?

Also, I am passing out apples from my tree to all the kids who come by. I'm the cheap "grinch" of halloween in a 21 year old college kid's body. hahaha :)
  • iamstaceywood
    Options
    You know what? I think I'm down for a Halloween fast! I'm going to start at 11 am on Sunday and go till 11 am on Monday. Thanks for the suggestion! I wish I could start earlier, we will see when I make it downstairs for some breakfast. I work till 5 am on Sunday morning.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    jb_sweet_99 - GREAT JOB

rinellen - I've used the fasting before on times when I knew the temptation would be great to overeat and it really helped. Hope it works for you.

I'm on a fast now til 7:30 tonight. I have a busy day planned though to help me get through it. Work til 9, Zumba class, maybe even a little tanning bed (great for winter depression), then kids and I to a friends house to socialize (not around food), then aerobics class tonight til from 6 to 7, home at 7:30, in time for the fast to end. 15:30 hours to go.

Great job everyone!
  • cutmd
    Options
    Rinellen, I don't know how you fast 3x per week. Only 2 is recommended. I am trying three for the first time this week and I actually don't like it. It's not enough of a break since you fast every other day. Plus, I gained a pound overnight despite being within my calories yesterday. Granted, I spent half those calories on movie popcorn :blushing: , so there is probably some sodium involved, but it's frustrating to be trying this hard and see that happen.

My fast is supposed to be over at 9pm thanks to the aforementioned popcorn but I may not last the whole time! I've got half a mind to go to the farmer's market and binge on kettlekorn