Discover what's new & improved in the MyFitnessPal app!
We’re dedicated to helping you achieve your health and nutrition goals. And our newest features and updates? They do just that. Learn how we're making tracking your progress easier, faster, and more motivating than ever.

what are you proud of about yourself today?

Options

Replies

• TheLadyBane
    TheLadyBane Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I just did 15 regular pushups:bigsmile: . Two months ago I was doing modified pushups. A year ago I wouldn't have even tried to do a pushup, modified or other.
  • lilyreallywill
    lilyreallywill Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I walked for over an hour with my dog and literally climbed a mountain - ten minutes of step incline and back down again. Day 1.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I stepped up my walking (instead of getting a ride to work and walking home, I walked to work and will be walking home too) and I've stuck to my increased-veggies goal for almost a week. I'm also pretty proud of having all my meals planned out through the weekend!

ETA: Oh, and I looked at a full-body shot of myself from two years ago, compared it with a photo from yesterday, and finally realized exactly how far I've come -- which is nice! I was feeling a little like I'd lost all this weight and didn't look any different.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I bumped up my treadmill walking 10 minutes today--instead of two sessions of 15 minutes treadmill, then stationary bike, then 15 minutes treadmill--I've done 20 minutes each treadmill time. :drinker:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    I did 17.160 steps today. That may not sound like super star stuff, but it's a record for me and I'm so GLAD. NOW, if ONLY I'm consistent with this type of daily activity...slim & trim-dom will be mine by springtime (God willing). WOW...17,160 steps in one day---WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
  • lighteningjeanne855
    Options
    Friday evening, I was upset about a crisis, and my folks were helping me resolve it.
    They keep a bowl of Hershey's Special Dark miniatures by the kitchen door,
    and I wanted to grab a double fistful, and devour them.
    I looked up the candy on MFP: 5 pieces made up one serving.
    The calorie total, fat, and carbohydrates were within my limits.
    I counted out the pieces, ate them slowly, and was proud of myself.
    I'd gotten a chocolate fix without blowing my diet!
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I have a mere three weeks until I'm done with my third semester of nursing school. The joy abounds.
  • Slrajr
    Slrajr Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I'm proud of all the things today!
    1) I decluttered my livingroom and washed all the floors.
    2) I went to the gym for the first time in years!
    3) I had a shake with protein powder to boost my protein(it's still not perfect though$
    4) The scale finally started to move down after two weeks of not.
    5) I spent most of the day with my teenage daughter:). Precious moments.
    6) I baked two dozen chocolate cookies and only aye a half cookie. (I had French fries at A&W for lunch).
    7) I've been using my arm like a normal person today (after shoulder surgery three months ago)
    :blushing:
  • pittbullgirl
    pittbullgirl Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Today I ran for 30 minutes @ 4.0mph and did 2 miles! HUGE for me in that four DAYS ago I ran .8 of a mile @ 3.5mph.

Starting C25K tomorrow so I can better pace myself and not get injured.
  • michellelandis33
    Options
    I am proud that I finally found this saving grace of a food journal and my life is changing for the better...It is working!! I am proud that I went to lunch today and preplanned my choices. I asked for a box for my leftovers,i had no refilled drink, i didn't go up to the buffet for another plateful,,,,i also did cardio workout with a friend for an hour and 15 minutes!!! Go me! I am excited about my day.
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I spent the day working on renovations in my home gym. I followed that up with a kickass workout (1055 calories burned!), including a 3 mile run. It's the longest I've run in several months (I had a baby 5 weeks ago), and I'm really proud of myself for getting back into my old fitness routines.
  • xstea11
    Options
    BMI sub 25.0 for the first time in years....
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    BMI sub 25.0 for the first time in years....

Wow! That's way terrific. Congrats to you and I can hardly wait to get there myself! WOOT!!!!
  • tmariethomas5
    Options
    I am proud of myself for jogging 5 mph for a half hour! First time since...well, first time ever! :smokin:
  • summerroxygoodin
    summerroxygoodin Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    No soda since I have started 16 days ago
  • blessedwith3boys
    blessedwith3boys Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm proud that I'm starting over as of my doctors appointment yesterday. I'm proud that I'm under my calorie goal and not tempted to snack.
  • raaines
    raaines Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Day two was a success:
    1. Ate well. No binging, no bad food.
    2. Ran far and fast
    3. Made progress on school work
    4. Felt happy.

:)
  • aecordy
    Options
    did leg day despite being sick.
  • healthykae
    healthykae Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'm proud that I listened to my body and let myself do whatever I wanted on my day off including a nice ride to the beach, an eggnog latte and a walk in the sand!
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    I made it through a hard stair running session this morning and didn't give up even though I wanted to
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!