Dating! EEEK!

Options

Replies

• IndigoElectron
    IndigoElectron Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Indigo, thank you so much for posting on this thread. It's been a rough old lead up to this point but just you see that you don't give up hoping eh? If someone like me can find their other half then you certainly wont have any problems at all. Just keep your eyes and your mind wide open. And remember that there is nothing at all wrong with making allowances for people, they are after all only human, just as you are. Give yourself a break and accept that you are gorgeous, inside and out and that one day the right person will come along and agree with you!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: But as soon as the allownaces become excuses just remind yourself that that is what they are!

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

That's so nice of you to say, thank you! And thank you for sharing your story with us, I love seeing couples in love because it gives me hope I will find someone too :love:

Anyway, my big news is...

Today would have been the 2 year anniversary for me and my ex - so I celebrated by joining a dating site! :laugh: I've had 1 message already and 4 people have added me to their favourites, so it's looking good!

Woohoo!

Don't break *to* many hearts Indigo...:wink:

:happy:

-J:heart:

Ooh, thanks! :blushing:
  • grumpymoo
    grumpymoo Posts: 64
    Options
    Well hang on to your hats folks!!! :laugh: I think it's time for an update here!

Where to begin?? He's been staying the night since last friday (I know I know, it may seem a bit quick but when you know you know ,right???) and OMG I had forgotten what it was like to be in bed with someone! :embarassed: :love: :smooched: :laugh: :laugh:

I can't see my life without him now and he has been sooo good for my kids, it's unreal! The 'M' word has even been broached! eeek! Not quite ready for that all just yet! lol But everything is sooo easy and comfortable around him, well, not everything(:laugh: ), that would be a bit odd don;t you think?? :laugh:

Deep breath...... lol

It looks like in the very (very, very!) near future I'll not be single and living on my own with my kids anymore!! He's already moved some of his stuff in. Nothing major just bits of clothes and stuff. It just seemed silly to have him spend loads of money on a flat when he'd be at my house most of the itme anyway. :smooched:

So there you are guys, in a nutshell....

Loved up or what??

Take care out there.

:heart: :flowerforyou:
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I just found this and read every page. That is SO great that you found your Mr. Right. I'm so happy for you!!!!!!

Please keep us all updated. Now I'm hooked!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • IndigoElectron
    IndigoElectron Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    That's GREAT news! I love a happy ending! Make sure you post the wedding pics on here :wink:

As for me, things are looking up! I've started chatting to some guys on this dating site and a few of them look promising, no dates yet but it's only been a couple of weeks, so hopefully soon!

Grumpymoo, I know what you mean about the bed thing and forgetting what it's like - it's only been a couple of months for me but it feels like a couple of years! :laugh:
  • grumpymoo
    Options
    Hi guys.:love:

Major update time again! Now that I have had my computer properly fixed after it keeps dying on me!! grrr. :laugh:

Darren has officially moved in, :smooched: all that is left is the money stuff to sort out. :grumble: I hate that it is so complicated to merge two lives and their baggage. His daughter is staying with us at the weekends now too and it seems to be all far to smooth. or else this time round I'm just not getting all het upo over the stuff that really doesn't matter.

Oooooo and sharing a bed!!!! How bizzarre is it to do this after being used to having the whole space to yourself for soooo long????? Do you ever get used to it folks??lol

I thought I'd be all freaked out over having to find spaces for all his stuff and getting used to sharing a shower/ single bathroom with someone other than my kids.lololol :laugh: :laugh:

Will post a few pics of the man and I in my proflie sometime soon (don't want to freak the computer out completely just yet! Ease it back into normal usage slowly this time I think!!!)

So there you are, all is going well in the land of the Dating Mini Series. If this can give any of you hope out there then I will have considered myself lucky to have been of help. You all deserve to be happy, so never give up.

:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Oh there you are! I didn't see your last post or two and I've been wondering where you are and how you're doing. Looks like you're doing just fine. :happy: So glad things are working out for you. Can't wait to see pics of you and your man. Keep us posted. :bigsmile:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! Just found this thread!!!

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!! You are too cute, and woohoo for you and your honey!!!

Makes me remember meeting my sweetie on Yahoo Personals and all the fun things we've done since then.....yay!

:heart: :smooched: :drinker: :heart: :smooched: :drinker:

Have a great weekend baby!!
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    As I always say, practice what I preach...or take my own advice..but here goes. If you dont have confidence in yourself, then he wont. You obviously have an attraction there and you are a pretty girl, and if he doesnt see that kick him to the curb. Be proud and happy to be you!!!! even if you cant seem to muster up the courage, FAKE IT!!!! the rest will follow.
  • BreaNix
    BreaNix Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Coralie,

Wow! I am sooo happy for you! :flowerforyou:

It is soo awesome that you found such a great match for you.

Good luck with everything and keep us posted.

Nicky
  • grumpymoo
    Options
    Hi Guys.:brokenheart: Yep, seems I'm to be single again....

Major shoulder to lean on moment here....

Darren walked out on me. Middle of the night, not a word just a ridiculous note and an email which was just as ridiculous. I suppose the only way to look at it is irreconcilable differences. From being blissful with the odd normal hiccup to, this, single again, in one day. How bizarre! But hey, I suppose it was better this early on than further down the road. :cry:

Just waiting now for him to come back and get his stuff. Not looking forward to this conversation, but there is no way I am going to let him back in after this. I have got to think about my kids and there is no way, ever, that I would let him back in to hurt us all again. :mad: Part of me want to be fair but the rest of me says... "No way. It's not my problem. He made this choice, he can live with the consequences." And afterall I packed up all his stuff last night so no going back now. Firm resolve, no soft heartedness.

So, apologies to everyone out there who gave me such fantastic encouragement all the way through this thread, only to have it turn out like this. :cry: :blushing:

Righto, kids to school, life goes on huh?
    :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • chilli
    chilli Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Yep better now than later. The world if full of others, head up and go out there! I'd like to meet someone special too and know that sometime I will. Enjoy your life right now :happy: he's best forgotten and put down to experience. Best of luck:flowerforyou:
  • grumpymoo
    Options
    Thanks for the sympathy Chilli.

I'm just glad I've got my kids and the perspective to know that life does go on.

So.... a list of Pro points for the single life please everyone!!

:flowerforyou:
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    Here you are, love-

Top 10 things about being single

1. You can make last-minute plans with your friends and stay out all night if you want.
    2. You can lie on both sides of your bed and have all the covers to yourself.
    3. You can flirt with the opposite sex without someone saying, "
    Who are you looking at?
    Who are you looking at?"
    4. You can make your own decisions.
    5. You don't have to remember your significant other's birthday or anniversary.
    6. You have no one to clean up after.
    7. You can leave the toilet seat permanently up if you're a man, or permanently down if you're a woman.
    8. You can make a list of things you always wanted to do...and actually do them.
    9. You can listen to your favorite radio station in the car.
    10. You can actually hold on to the remote control.

Best of luck in your dating life, when you're ready to get back out there again- who knows, maybe the next one will look like this!
    :love: :love: :love:

jason_statham_1.jpg
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    ((hugs))
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Sorry about all this!! Best of luck to you!!! :flowerforyou:

-Tam
  • chubbygirl30
    Options
    I have just read every post. It was like reading a book. It' will happen for you eventually. I've been single for 1 1/2 years and i HATE dating, it sucks...but i guess it's a necessary evil, so i wish you luck and stay strong.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry things didn't work out. I wish you the best of luck. You seem to have a positive attude instead of becoming bitter and that's a good thing. God bless you. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Betty
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Here you are, love-

Top 10 things about being single

1. You can make last-minute plans with your friends and stay out all night if you want.
    2. You can lie on both sides of your bed and have all the covers to yourself.
    3. You can flirt with the opposite sex without someone saying, "
    Who are you looking at?
    Who are you looking at?"
    4. You can make your own decisions.
    5. You don't have to remember your significant other's birthday or anniversary.
    6. You have no one to clean up after.
    7. You can leave the toilet seat permanently up if you're a man, or permanently down if you're a woman.
    8. You can make a list of things you always wanted to do...and actually do them.
    9. You can listen to your favorite radio station in the car.
    10. You can actually hold on to the remote control.

Best of luck in your dating life, when you're ready to get back out there again- who knows, maybe the next one will look like this!
    :love: :love: :love:

jason_statham_1.jpg
    yummy man we have similar tastes!!!
    You will get back on the dating bandwagon and find someone who loves you for you!!! Dont get discouraged
  • BreaNix
    BreaNix Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry it didn't work out but like you said "Better now than later".....

chalk it up to practice for when the real "Mr. Right" comes along.
    Good Luck! :flowerforyou:
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Awww, I'm so sorry to hear of this. It's his loss!!!! You'll be fine. You are as cute on the outside as you are beautiful on the inside. You just haven't found the one that is smart enough to realize that. Hang in there, he's out there somewhere!!!!

Memaw