Ladies with big Insanity workout results!! Where yall at?

Options

Replies

• shanDrum
    shanDrum Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm replying to the calorie burn post- (about burning 1000 calories) well, first of all, I love Shaun T and all his workouts. I am thankful for him and what he puts into a workout program and how he designs his programs. I have achieved great results. However, I want to respond to the calorie burn issue. As a woman who is 40 years old with a resting heart rate of 52, I burn about 450- 500 calories in the hour long workouts in month 2 of Insanity. My HR stays around 130 to 150 bpm. It is true that some men may burn up to the 1000 calories per workout in an hour. But for women, that would be hard, we are smaller and have less muscle mass than men, so It really depends on your size, resting heartrate, and duration of the exercise/heartrate zone that you work in (the higher the heartrate, the more calories you burn). A 1000 calories is a lot to burn and you would really need to be in the top of your heartrate range to achieve this in a hours time...
  • rin_tin_tin_ata
    Options
    I LOOOVE insanity! I did it twice through and lost 80 lbs. I started at 260 lbs. It is absolutely FANTASTIC! That mixed with a good diet is magical!
  • Kila_14
    Kila_14 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just by seeing some of the before and after pictures it seems that this is really working for everyone in one way or another. I looked up this product to see the cost and this is just not something that I can afford right now at least not from the beach body or even the amazon site. Anyone have any suggestions on where I can find this at a much better cost possibly? I would like to give it a try if I can find it at a price I can afford. Thanks in advance for any input I appreciate it. The ones that posted pics you all look great. It sure does seem like everyone is very supportive of everyone else. That is great.
  • summersoul3
    summersoul3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    For those of you with great results - weight loss or cm loss... did you up your calories to the recommendation made for the insanity program?
  • djbungo
    djbungo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine is thinking of trying this workout programme so it's encouraging to see so much helpful advice and encouragement (not to mention the results). Since there are a number of questions regarding how much to eat on this I wanted to try and pass on some calculations to try and help you all out. These come from a sport nutrition seminar I attended not so long ago. Basically this is what is going on behind the scenes of the myfitnesspal calculations when it works out your calorie intake...but this might help tailor it to your specific needs a bit more.

Men: 66 + (13.7 x wt in kg) + (5 x ht in cm) - (6.8 x age)
    Women: 655 + (9.6 x wt in kg) + (1.8 x ht in cm) - (4.7 x age)

Then multiply that number by 1.6-1.8 depending on how high your workout intensity is (the more sedentary your lifestyle the fewer overall calories you require and can even drop that number as low as 1.2 for someone who doesn't get off the couch.

For a complete detailed run-down of the calorie intake and food breakdown please check out a recent post I wrote here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1135069-a-general-calorie-breakdown-guide-the-healthy-way
  • mrslcoop
    mrslcoop Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Checking back in on this post. Just finished day 15 of insanity (second fit test) and wow. I have lost ZERO pounds, but I’ve already lost an inch off of my waist and a half inch off my hips. I’m also starting to see a slightly flatter stomach and some definition peeking through there and on my arms and legs (my calves are already pretty defined from running for months prior to starting so I’ve not seen a difference there). My fitness level is much higher than it was 15 days ago that I can’t even imagine where I’ll be in another 48 days. There are things I still struggle with (not a big fan of power jumps or power jacks), but they’re improving every day.

Keep it up ladies! I love reading all of your progress results.
  • mrslcoop
    mrslcoop Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    For those of you with great results - weight loss or cm loss... did you up your calories to the recommendation made for the insanity program?

I follow the TDEE method now (what they recommend in the book). I've neither gained nor lost weight, but I have lost inches so their recommendation is working for me.
  • LeemTHEdream
    LeemTHEdream Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    BUMP! I'm on Day 2 of Month 2 now, and I love to look at people's results to keep pushing me to press play each day!!
  • Lorelai6
    Options
    I'm coming to the end of month 1 and although I lost some lbs early on, I haven't felt any different since. It's hard to keep going but I'm enjoying the pictures and stories on this thread. It's great to know there are people on here who started experiencing results in Month 2.
  • nicky_za
    Options
    I am currently on week 2 Insanity...i was very unfit and not doing any workouts at the start...its been very hard to say the least! but im surviving..Looking at success stories and seeing the amazing transformations, i am sticking to this like glue!
    Insanity is tough but ive never shed so much sweat and it gets better everyday! I can already see my body transforming and i am feeling great.
    Week 2 makes me very nauseas during workouts, on the verge of throwing up...how do i overcome this?
  • lauraspberry
    lauraspberry Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    tumblr_ms8oo7uYsW1qgzof5o1_250.jpg

keep working at it ladies :flowerforyou: My heaviest was 147 at 5ft 7 pics are from 143 -> 130
  • Sylvitryinghard
    Sylvitryinghard Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    hiding in wonderland
  • jennifermarie52
    Options
    Bump for inspiration!
  • theemrssmith
    Options
    Finishing week 2 of Insanity and still unable to totally complete all the exercises in each video. Is this normal? I'm a healthy weight I just wanted to tone but I feel like I should be able to do the whole workout.
  • Noamsh
    Noamsh Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Finishing week 2 of Insanity and still unable to totally complete all the exercises in each video. Is this normal? I'm a healthy weight I just wanted to tone but I feel like I should be able to do the whole workout.

Completely normal.
    By the end of the month you might be able to keep up with the videos (maybe not with everything, but it'll be better than now), but then month 2 comes around and you feel like it's your first workout all over again.
  • jamiesillimandunn
    jamiesillimandunn Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    <<<<< My profile pis before insanity and after insanity ....30pounds lost and a ton of inches from all over my body

How many rounds of Insanity did it take you to lose 30lbs. And how many calories did you eat?

I did one round of insanity ...and was eating at least 1700 calories a day ..I was using the equation given in the manual ;)
  • VirtuallyAmy
    VirtuallyAmy Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    bump.
    I have been wanting to do this but fear not committing after the expense. I lost over 50 lbs with healthy eating and exercise but lately I am not doing well with either. Need tone too.

Will check back if I start and hopefully get some people to join for support. :)
  • jrnygirl
    jrnygirl Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    My daughter and I just started Insanity last night and may I say that fitness test kicked my butt.
    It showed me just how out of shape I am. In fact, I didn't even finish all the exercises.

I'm looking forward to the progress though, so we are going to keep pushing through it and make it happen.

Feel free to friend me. Would love to hear about your progress and stay motivated.
  • Keenertobeleaner
    Options
    Just started week two of month two.

I had a two week in between month one and month two owing to a wisdom tooth removal and therefore me feeling sorry for myself! - I am down 14lbs from 146 to 132. I am quite pleased with the results so far. I am by no means an athlete and would say that I go at 40% of what the demonstraters like Tania do for some of the strength exercises and 70% for others that are more cardio orientated. I also do two zumba classes a week. I tried to get into running and spin but could not handle either.

On the diet front I average 1200 calories net and usually eat between 1100-2000 calories/day with a bulk of the weekend calories being Pinot Grigio wine!

I do not know how to post any pics but I don't see any real physical difference yet
  • DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Heres a group i started for insanity if anyone would like to join

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/51993-insanity-all-the-way
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!