The Misinformation is Thick Around Here.

Options

Replies

• ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    About people saying "different things work for different people":

No HUMAN BODY has a need for refined, concentrated foods.
    No HUMAN BODY has a need for something that was created for a baby cow.
    It's not about NEED though.

You don't need to, nor is it very natural to eat seaweed. People still do it.

The food itself is irrelevant to the human body. The nutrient and chemical composition are all that matter.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I think I figured out the problem. The OP is hungry. He doesn't get enough dietary fat and it's eating his brains away.

I'm out. Enjoy your truths OP.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    What the....
  • marise51
    marise51 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thank you for bringing sense to this feed. Profanity doesn't make a comment more valid. I don't understand why people have to be rude about it all!
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    Ironic post is ironic.

You just won this site.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options

Really??
    That is what you come up with.....
    since the Human Body has no need for something, therefore it is bad???

We have no needs for carbs, and yet we consume them, daily.......and somehow we still function and are healthy.
  • paleojoe
    paleojoe Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    OP just out of curiosity, what were your dietary, fitness and lifestyle habits before you went vegan?
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    OP just out of curiosity, what were your dietary, fitness and lifestyle habits before you went vegan?

Hell, I would like to know what he eats daily at this point.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    You are once again ignoring the diet as a whole. One can eat a varied diet that meets nutrient and fiber needs and still incorporate oils. You are glossing over this fact repeatedly in your replies.
    I agree. I never said you couldn't include oil and still be ok. I simply said that it is not health food, which it is not.

I think many people are responding to what they think i said, not what i actually said.

define "health food".
    Something that is healthy promoting. Oil is health compromising.

that's not a definition at all. you can't use a word to define itself.
    It's not my job to teach you English. The word healthy can be looked up in any dictionary.

So can the word troll.
  • MandysChange
    MandysChange Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :noway: :laugh: I can't stop laughing about cigarettes have calories in them. That is clearly someone who needs some serious education. These posts are great!
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    In for the amazing gifs that may follow.
    Yay!!!
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I was going to read this whole thing, but then I realized I LIKE my brain and don't want to abuse it with this wretched, steaming load of verbal dung.
  • AbsoluteNG
    AbsoluteNG Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    From a pharmacist's point of view, everything you eat causes cancer which is why the medical community always stresses moderation, portion control, and a balanced diet. Everyone will get cancer if you live long enough.

When you get down to case by case basis, there are medical reasons why some people need to eat less of a specific food group and that should be discussed with one's doctor.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I wish I had time to play in this thread today.

OP has closed diary, which amuses me. And he looks like he could use some more protein.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    About people saying "different things work for different people":

Can you clarify your position please?
    Are you saying that if you pluck and eat an olive from the tree then that is also unhealthy for you as it contains oil?
    Do you consider the oil resulting from pressing olives to be unhealthy in some way?
    Or is it what you refer to as "refining" that you believe makes it unhealthy?

By the way "baby cow" really makes me cringe - is there any chance of using adult language as this is supposed to be a site for adults?
  • paleojoe
    paleojoe Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Have a read op... maybe you'll learn something.

http://www.precisionnutrition.com/best-diet
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,301 Member
    Options
    I was going to read this whole thing, but then I realized I LIKE my brain and don't want to abuse it with this wretched, steaming load of verbal dung.

You missed out!
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the internet!
  • JasonT1973
    JasonT1973 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    My brain hurts.
    There isn't a magic formula that works for Every person.
    Each person should see their regular doctor and then to a professional nutritionist before wasting money on the latest 'awesome food plan.'
    Once you learn about the nature of all foods and then you understand how macros work, you can start to get a better picture.
    This then needs to be followed up with a serious understanding of your own body, current metabolism and eating habits.

Will you be healthier if you incorporate more fresh foods into your diet plan?: Absolutely, but this is NOT the same as weight loss. Weight loss is a simple case of your body receiving less energy (calories) then the amount of energy it requires to function. This will cause your body to tap into the fat reserves it has stored up. Also, without proper stimulation, this will create a cycle where the body will also cannibalize the lean muscle structure as well. Some of this will happen regardless but you can minimalize the loss by understanding protein intake and biochemical stimulation through weight training. When you responsibly tear down muscle fiber (weight training) on a consistent basis you are telling your physiology that these muscle groupings are important and needed. If you are eating properly (see earlier message about consulting a physician), your body will understand what to keep and what to start eliminating and this will result in the reduction of stored fat. TADA!!!
This discussion has been closed.