What is your FAV SLOW COOKER Recipe?

Options

Replies

• tracybarnhill
    Options
    I have one that I absolutly love and so does my husband. It is simple and taste incredible....

Pick-A-Pepper Tenderloin

Decent size pork tenderlion
    1 - 8oz Jar of Aprocot Jam
    1- Bottle of Pick-A-Pepper Sauce
    Sprinkle Tenderloin with Sea Salt, Pepper, and Garlic Powder

Cook on Low for 8 hours, serve with rice.

You can serve it with anything you want other than rice.
  • girlruns
    girlruns Posts: 344
    Options
    bump!:love:
  • girlruns
    girlruns Posts: 344
    Options
    Bump is used to put a topic in your "my topics" list to come back to later. Sometimes people use it because they don't have time to reply right away, but in this case we all want to be able to reference these recipes later! But you took care of adding this to your list by asking your question!
  • AmLynn1
    AmLynn1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • RedondoJen
    Options
    girlruns, thanks for the "bump" explanation. I never would have guessed that! Now that I know, I'll being using the "bump"...so cool...thanks!

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]1196957.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • eyoreblu
    Options
    With fall and winter here, looking forward to trying some of these!!
  • tn2010
    tn2010 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I will put a small pork roast (frozen works, too) in the crock pot with a 1-2 cups of broth and let it cook on low all day while I'm at work. Shred it with 2 forks, put some on a Sandwich Thin with bbq sauce to taste and your favorite coleslaw on top (or on the side). There are lots of great soup recipes, too. I try to stay away from recipes w/ Cream of Whatever soup because they're not always very good for you. Lots of soups and chilis. Whole chickens work well, too. I really like the "Fix It and Forget It" series of cookbooks.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I put two chicken breasts ( You can use can chicken), a can or two of cream of chicken and cream of mushroom, a little water and a package of Italian dressing mix, season with lots of pepper and salt and let it cook all day. Then serve it over mashed potatoes or noodles. Sooo good.
  • viliberty1957
    Options
    :smile:
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Bulletproof_Helen
    Bulletproof_Helen Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Lemon, garlic and rosemary chicken

whole chicken - remove insides and stuff with quartered apple and quartered lemon
    shallots chopped sprinkle over chicken and rub chicken with dried rosemary
    chopped garlic sprinkled over and add a small amount of water

cook on high for an hour then slow cook for 6/7 hours basting several times
  • BettyBeth14
    BettyBeth14 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Bump for later :-) xx
  • lkp24
    lkp24 Posts: 12
    Options
    This is one that my whole family likes and takes maybe 5 seconds to prep.

1 Flank Steak
    1 cup salsa

Cook on low all day and then shred for dinner. Can be used for salads, tacos, on rice, you name it.

Enjoy!

Laura
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    - Cheddar cheese soup, salsa, taco seasoning w/chicken breasts

just drooled all over my keyboard
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I love the Crockpot Lady.... google "crockpot 365".... she's just great. I've liked everything I've tried of hers (though some recipes just didn't appeal.)

What I particularly like: she's provided a verdict for each of her recipes based on how her kids, husband, visiting family, etc., liked the meal...

WHAT A GREAT SITE!!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    I love the Crockpot Lady.... google "crockpot 365".... she's just great. I've liked everything I've tried of hers (though some recipes just didn't appeal.)

What I particularly like: she's provided a verdict for each of her recipes based on how her kids, husband, visiting family, etc., liked the meal...

WHAT A GREAT SITE!!
    Isn't it though!!:wink:
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mbrownks77
    Options
    I put in a 3 lb. lean roast. pour 2 lg cans enchilada sauce over top. cook on low 8 hours. Then shred beef, roll in wheat tortillas, pour 1/2 cup sauce over top. sprinkle cheese over all and bake at 350 deg. for 20 minutes. WONDERFUL enchiladas (even better the next day)
  • FavDaughter1
    Options
    Bumpin'!
  • PatriciaO
    Options
    my favorite is to take a roast and lay it in the bottom. Add a packet of dry onion soup. I use Lipton or the Dollar Tree Variety. Add can of Campbells mushroom soup and a cup of water. Cut up potatoes onion and carrots and put o top of roast. Cover and cook 8 hours. Great. I prepare the day before and have i ready in the morning tae out of fridge and plug in.