Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• Rae123456
    Rae123456 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey! I found the new thread! :happy:

I'm at work so I can't catch up on everyone's week at the moment but I'll add my daily info.

Sunday Share: Let's see... I'm 27. I'm getting married next Spring... and I'm worried about not fitting into my dress! I bought my dress a few months ago and I tried it on recently. It's pretty tight, even with the special corset-thing they recommended. I don't mind altering my dress, but I'd much rather alter it inward than out!! It's given me a little bit more incentive to try and lose weight again.

Well, that... and the two 5K's I signed up for this Summer!
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. I had a great time a t the craft fair yesterday but then I always so. I got one real cute item and some roasted nuts and my mom and I saw a couple of things we are going to try and duplicat. We are thinking of going to another much bigger one that features more of the antique victorian type things. It could be a lot of fun. Its ironic that I really enjoy these but I am not at all skilled in the craft area myself though I will attempt simple looking things from time to time. After getting home from that my son and I took the dogs for a nice long walk and then we went out and had mongolian for dinner and then went to see the new movie Catching Fire. It is one of the few instances were I enjoyed the movie more then the book.

Its been a while so a quick share about me. My name is Tammy and I am a 41 yr old wife and mother. My husband and I have been married for 20 yrs. We have two daughters and a son who are 23, 21, and 19. The two youngest still live at home having just graduated college this year and are still getting their feet under them. My husband is an engineer on a processing/fishing boat up in Alaska on the Bering Sea. His job is to keep the processing factory up and running. His schedule through the year has him gone two months and then home for a month. Lots of people ask how we can stand this but it works great for us:smile: My life pretty much revolves around my family who are all close and my two little doggies. We have a 2 yr old pomchi named petey and the newest addition to our family is 13 week old Zeus who is a saint bernard/blue heeler cross. He gave us a bit of a scare with some health problems when we first got him but now he is a growing active destroy everyhting adorable baby:bigsmile: As for my weight loss adventure I have been jumping on and off that my whole life. Last year it just finally seemed to click and then I found MFP and it has been rolling along fairly well. I started at 378 and this morning the scale said 303. I had dipped under 300 at one point but have been having a bit of trouble maintaining that the last couple weeks. No worries though I know what to do and I will do this.
    Well I think that is enough about me now:laugh: I hope everyone has a great day and I will see you all on the flip side.:flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker:
  • aimeemarie150
    aimeemarie150 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    See you on the flip side makes me think of Rocco in Boondock Saints.

Sunday share: Got the full time position at the library!!!! I start the second week of December, and I'm very excited! (Plus that means dedicated time at the gym 5-6 days every week!!!!) Still feeling my quads. It's crazy how good they feel. For a fat kid, I'm actually starting to see a bit of definition to my abs as well. I'm eager for my lower belly pooch to go away, but that takes time. I measured my waist, and it said 36.5", which I read is pretty close to the average for women in America. (WOOOOO). I'm hoping to keep improving with my running...yesterday I didn't feel like I was going to die, so I'm making improvements. I decided I want to be able to run the 5ks next year with lower than a 45 minute time. I don't care about coming in first, just so long as I'm not last. :)
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @alupinsk--congrats on the job!! :drinker: I feel the same way about my 5k times. When I first started, I just didn't want to come in last. Now, my goal is to just do better than the last time.

@tammy--glad you had fun at the craft fair. I'm not "crafty" at all, but I do admire other people's creativity.

@rae--glad you found us! Congrats on your upcoming wedding!! That certainly is incentive. I also sign up for 5ks well in advance as a motivator. WHen I first started c25k, I signed up for a 5k just 6 weeks out. Every time I wanted to give up b/c it was too hard, I'd think of the 5k I'd already paid for and would be running with a friend. That got me right back in my running shoes! :wink: Now I love to run, so it's all about improving my pace.

@kelley--gunner is also a cuddler, but he also insists on walks regardless of the cold. :grumble:

@nettie--several years ago, I took a cross fit style class with some friends from work. On the 1st day I couldn't even do one push up. A few years later, after I lost my first 35 or 40 pounds on MFP, I decided I wanted to be able to do push ups. I had been running and doing some weight machines at the gym for almost a year at that point, but when I started with the push ups, it was a struggle to do 3. I had read somewhere if you just did a few every other day, you could build up very quickly, so I tried that. Within a month I was up to 10. I then added planks and could barely hold a straight-arm plank for 15 seconds. Kept working on it and now I can hold a standard forearm plank for a minute. I know if you start small and keep going, you will also build up quickly. If you can't do a modified push up on your knees, start doing them against the wall. Then move to the counter, then the stairs, etc.It's a great exercise to build your core strength. :smile:

As far as my MIL is concerned, she didn't call back again yesterday, but I don't think it will change her at all. In her mind, she's right and is just trying to "help" out of love for her son. She's labeled him as "depressed" even though it's really her who is isolated and depressed. She's going to therapy which I hope will help her, but as she's working through some unresolved issues from her past, she's projecting them onto her kids. I'm honestly not sure what her next move will be. Dh's sister and I won't be her go-betweens, so I suspect she will try to use my DH's brother to get to him. I've noticed he's called a few times this week which is unusual for him.

@susan--glad your trip was a success, both professionally and personally. I think you're doing amazingly just holding steady with all of the travel you do. :flowerforyou:

Sunday Share:
    For the new folks, I'm Karen--44 y/o mom to one fur-baby. I teach HS English in the chicago suburbs where I live with my husband of 15 years. I love my job though the grading gets to be a lot. I realize that people in all professions have to take work home, so it's never a pity-party, just a reality of what I do. My friends and I constantly remind ourselves that we chose our majors. :laugh:

Today I was going to go to the gym to run a 5k, but now I'm re-thinking that strategy and plan to do it tomorrow after work instead. Today I will bundle up really well and take gunner for a good long walk. I was unprepared yesterday, so he got "cheated" a bit. I may even run a bit outside with him to prepare for this unseasonable cold I will have to run in on thursday. I just checked the forecast and it's only going to be in the 20's. :noway: I'm not looking forward to it b/c I know the cold will slow me down, but I'll suck it up and do it.

My Bears aren't playing so well today. :ohwell:

Grading goals:
    1. 24/53 Diction analysis (5 & 6)
    2. x/53 Diction analysis (7 & 8)

Exercise goals:
    Mon--walk gunner DONE
    Tues--walk gunner DONE + gym (lift and HIIT) NOT DONE
    Wed--walk gunner NOT DONE + gym (cardio) NOT DONE
    Thurs--walk gunner DONE (have a late meeting to attend)
    Fri--walk gunner NOT DONE
    Sat--walk gunner DONE + gym (lift and HIIT) DONE
    Sun--walk gunner + run outside (?)

Exercise & Weight:
    Bench press = 75
    Dead lift = 75
    Squat = 85
    Overhead press = 55
    Upright row = 50

Overhead tricep extension = 25 (dumbbell)
    Bicep curl = 15 (dumbbell)
    Lat pull down = 100
    Tricep pull down = 90
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone - just checking in - loved reading all the personals. Not feeling the greatest today - but excited about seeing the doctor tomorrow. Just one more day to get through...yay.
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Sunday share: making dinner for my kids and their families. That makes a total of 13 people. How did that happen? I always felt a little lonely as I just had one brother growing up and few extended family members. Now, My close, nuclear family is up to 12 people. 2 years ago, it was 1/2 of that number. Life can change in the blink of an eye.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Hello All, Its been awhile and there are some new people so I guess I will share a bit about myself. I think that at 69, I'm the oldest member of the group. No one else has stepped forward to claim the position. I'm the oldest of 5 girls. My mother died at age 69 of pneumonia. My father is still living and will soon be 95. I have been married for 48 years and we are the parents of 7 children, all with spouses, 14 grandchildren (#15 due in January) and a new foster grandson, 16-years-old. He just arrived Friday. I'm hoping that with the festivities around Thanksgiving and all of the family being here, we won't scare him too badly.
    My weight-loss journey began this time (for the last time) in Sept. 2012. I have lost the weight with the help of MFP's databases and encouragement of friends on this thread. My exercise of choice is walking. I don't use any electronic gadgets, gym membership, or personal trainer, and I haven't put any restrictions on what kinds of foods I can eat. My weight loss has slowed down a lot, but is still happening. I think that I'd like to lose about 25# more, but I'm okay if it takes me a year to get it done. There's no hurry because I know that I'm doing the right things and it will happen.
    Thanks to all of you on Robin's Thread for your encouragement and inspiration.
    Today I bundled up against the cold and did a 3 mile walk. The sun is shining and there is no wind so it wasn't too bad.
    Have a great evening. GD is home from college for the holidays. I get to see her later this evening. They are coming over for popcorn and a visit.
    Onward and Downward, Kaye
    Here's a quote for the day: It is not happy people who are thankful, it is thankful people who are happy.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @kaye--love the quote!

@mel--glad you get to spend Sunday dinner with your family--even if you do have to make it. :wink:

@robin--I'm sure keeping my fingers crossed that you get some answers and relief at your doctor appt tomorrow.

AFM--got through with half the diction analyses. I will probably try to get through some more tonight, but if not, I'm okay with that as well. I just want it done for Tuesday, so the only thing I have to worry about over the holiday break is the AP essays waiting on my desk at work.

I took gunner for a decent walk (about 2 miles), but decided against running. I didn't get home from grading until after 4 so I was losing daylight fast. If I had taken the time to completely change into my winter running gear, it would have been too dark to take gunner out. I can't walk him at night b/c there are too many critters he will try to hunt down--he gets too hard to control especially if he spots them before me which is way more likely in the dark. I'm okay with skipping the run, and I still have about 750 calories left AFTER eating dinner, so I certainly didn't need the exercise calories. :tongue:

Grading goals:
    1. 53/53 Diction analysis (5 & 6) DONE
    2. x/53 Diction analysis (7 & 8)

Exercise goals:
    Mon--walk gunner DONE
    Sun--walk gunner DONE + run outside (?) NOT DONE

Exercise & Weight:
    Bench press = 75
    Dead lift = 75
    Squat = 85
    Overhead press = 55
    Upright row = 50

Lat pull down = 100
    Tricep pull down = 90
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Alupinski- Congrats on the new job.

Kaye- Enjoy the time with family.

Karen-What do you wear for running in the cold? Right now I have skin tight sweat pants-the kind with spandex and a warm lining. Still working on the top to wear. I also hope the cold weather breaks before Thursday since I am not looking forward to running in the very cold temperatures. I am deciding between two 5K's on Thursday. One I would do for fun the other I would need to take more seriously and the course I believe is less hilly but is a dirt road vs. the sidewalks of Annapolis which are uneven and filled with leaves. I will do either one but it depends on a friend who wants to run with me.

Sunday share- I am Laurie, 43, single and a middle school teacher. I started this adventure in earnest about 3 years ago now when I turned 40. The first year the weight came off easier and the past couple of years it has become harder to lose the pounds but muscle wise I am toning up and have kept the weight off. My activity level has increased and now I can say I am a tri-athlete, a rock climber, swimmer, biker and a runner. In all honesty, I never thought I would be able to do all those things and enjoy them. I started running this year and while it is not my favorite activity, I can do it and when I run 5K's now my goal is to finish and do better than my last run. It is a great feeling to be able to get out and enjoy activities and life.

Today, was a bitter-sweet type of day. I cleaned out my closets and have now removed all my large size clothes of sizes 18W and up 2 X clothes. I will be taking them to a consignment shop later this week to see what happens. The bitter part was many of these items were some of my favorite suits and sweaters. The sweet part is that I was able to get rid of them and they are too big. I did find a couple of coats that were a size medium that fit once again and a jacket that I loved So it was not a totally bad experience. It has taken me some time to clean out all the closets so this was an accomplishment today considering this batch was hiding in the basement closet along with the spare room. The funny conversations that were taking place today between my mom and I was about who clothes were whose. We had to ask each other if the item belong to her or me. Most of them were hers but now they fit me. This is the first time, I have been able to wear my mom's clothes. She has always been smaller than me and still is but now I get the hand me downs.

Exercise plans
    Sunday- Gym- bike and walk
    Monday-Rest Conferences at work
    Tuesday- Trainer
    Wednesday- Gym
    Thursday- Turkey trot
    Friday-climbing
    Saturday- Swim/ aerobics
  • SweetTea111104
    SweetTea111104 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    So I have just found this bread And I would love to join in if you all would have me. You all seem very supportive and that is what I need right about now. It seems counter intuitive for me to be getting back into the weitght loss game with Thanksgiing right around the corner but I figure I mind as well not put it off anymore than I already have.

I am a wife and a mother of a four year old son and a two year old daughter. I am also a high school counselor. So on any given day I am trying to maintain my sanity and my household. There was a period where I had made a good amount of progress. I had lost probably 25-35 lbs. I got hurt and haven't been able to work out for months now. So I have pretty much gained almost all the weight back. I am starting to get back into it with spinning. I have issues with food. I love it and resent having to give it up. I am working on trying not to be completely preoccupied with food. When I am not eating I am constantly thinking about food. That is pretty much sabatouge when you are trying not to eat so much. But anyways. That's pretty much me. Just trying to get myself together and not be fat anymore. :)
  • Stinger766
    Stinger766 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.

I'm new here (to this board but also only a few weeks into the site) so I'll hit some highlights about me.

I'm 47, mother to one son, who is 11 1/2 (the 1/2 is important when you're his age! lol). I've been overweight to varying degrees since I was 20. I was a competitive swimmer from 8-18, then got out of high school, moved out on my own, ate whatever I wanted and didn't exercise. I'm 5'11" and was a muscular 180ish in high school. A year later I was 240, then 250, etc. My highest weight was 2 1/2 years ago, when I weighed 375. At that point I lost about 25 lbs., then stalled, lost 35 lbs., got laid off, and stalled. Got a new job and put on a few lbs., to about 335.

Late this past spring I was diagnosed with uterine cancer and had a full hysterectomy a few weeks later. I had physical restrictions for 8 week, then a check back with the oncologist 12 weeks after surgery and was released back to my normal life. Luckily I didn't require chemo or radiation. I've thought a lot about my general health and well being the last 4 1/2 months, since I was diagnosed. Although the cancer was (probably) not something I could have avoided, there are health problems that I can, by losing weight. I have slightly high cholesterol, slightly high blood pressure, both most likely due to my weight. (I know this because I lost 96 lbs. in 2004 and both were normal).

I decided on 10/4/13 to start exercising and watching what I ate. I thought I knew what I was eating but after joining this site I've realized I wasn't looking at all the variables. Since the day I started this attempt at weight loss (on 10/4/13) I've lost 22 lbs. (Tomorrow is my official weigh-in day so hopefully it will be 25 lbs.)

I've been walking 4 miles a day, 4-5 days a week on my treadmill (or outside when possible) and going to yoga 2 days a week. My diet has changed, keeping very good track of my sodium and cholesterol in particular. The weight is falling off me and people at work (and friends) are starting to notice already! I'd like to lose at least 105-125 lbs. from my last weigh-in weight off 300 lbs. I haven't been under 250 lbs. in 9 years and haven't been under 200 since 1985.

I'm here looking to give and receive support. Losing weight is difficult and the more support we can give and get, the better off we'll be.

Thank you for having me here. I hope to get to know you all and give you all the support I can.

Have a great week!

Ingrid
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @sweettea--welcome to the thread! :flowerforyou: I also love food and my husband is a great cook--kind of an amateur chef--which makes it hard to give up foods. Because of that, I decided to NOT deprive my self of any food. However, my rule is that I must make it fit my calorie allowance, so if I want a treat, I either just have a small portion and adjust other meals to make it work, or I do more exercise to earn it. By default, I have some foods I don't regularly eat anymore b/c I've found healthier alternatives that satisfy me, but I don't have anything that's off-limit. If you need any tips about lower calorie snacks to satisfy specific cravings, I'm sure there are plenty of people in this thread who will share their tricks and tips. :smile:

@laurie--To be honest, I rarely run outside when it's this cold (it was only in the 20's today). But when I do, I wear knee-high socks and legging style yoga pants with looser running pants over them. On top I wear a long-sleeved dry-fit shirt with a short sleeved dry-fit on top. I then layer on a couple of jackets--usually a thick hoodie with my fleece running jacket on top. I also wear a hat, gloves, and a scarf. Congrats on purging those closets--that's a big job!

AFM--I got a bit more grading done--I will finish the rest tomorrow. Now, I'm going to enjoy The Walking Dead!

Grading goals:
    1. 53/53 Diction analysis (5 & 6) DONE
    2. 10/53 Diction analysis (7 & 8)

Exercise goals:
    Mon--walk gunner DONE
    Sun--walk gunner DONE + run outside (?) NOT DONE

Exercise & Weight:
    Bench press = 75
    Dead lift = 75
    Squat = 85
    Overhead press = 55
    Upright row = 50

Lat pull down = 100
    Tricep pull down = 90
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Laurie - good job cleaning out the old, bigger clothes that no longer fit - hope the consignment shop takes a lot of them. Great also that you can wear your mom's smaller clothes. And great you cleared some space out in your closet.

Skinny you sound like a mugger out running! :laugh:

Welcome to our newlings - happy to have both of you!

My Sunday Share - I am really named Ellen and I'm 62, I think I am the second-oldest person on the thread. I am divorced, with no kids, no parents, hardly any siblings or relatives at all, but I do quite well and have many friends, and I count each and every one of you here among them.
    I started my journey quite a long time ago as you can see by the date by my name! I started this thread the day I started MFP to make friends in the same boat as me. So many people have come and gone and lost their 100 lbs and are looking and feeling wonderful - graduates - I'm so proud of.
    Me - well, I've stumbled at the first holiday season and gained back my weight that and during an illness or two, and darn if that second holiday season gave me a fit too.
    Now I am fighting another illness, I seem to suffer a lot of them, rheumatism, asthma, HBP, depression, etc, etc, and I'm seeing a specialist tomorrow about my new problem. i haven't been able to eat solids for three weeks. You'd think I'd lose weight, huh. But nooooo, I've managed to gain a few pounds...its so laughable!
    Anyway, I've gone from a person that popped food in my mouth at any visual signal -like a TV commercial, to a thoughtful person who now considers when confronted with such a trigger - whether I am actually hungry or not - which is a big improvment for me. And the thoughtful side of me stops me from eating.
    I have also gone from a totally couch potato existance to a person who lifts weight and does squats and has marveled at the transformation the new muscles have done to my underlying body shape - wow, what a change it made in my behind!. Its the only exercise I liked - I tried elliptical, nope, tried a lot of exercises, and finally found the one exercise I liked. THats what each one of us needs to do.

Again, welcome to the new folks.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Well the run on Saturday was great. I finished in 25th place out of 110 runners... at 28:47. The course was nice, some hills and all through neighboorhoods. At about the 5 minute mark my youngest son caught up to me... I figured.. he is 8, just running hard now and will slow down, one of our friends behind me would catch him up... then we got to the half way mark and he was still with me.... with one K to go he asked if I was ok and if he could go alone... I told him to. Little punk beat my by 10 seconds! Would have been more if he did not stop at the 3 mile sign thinking it was the end of the race. I was so proud of that little Jerk

ngr2.jpg

My older son had a really rough time and finished with his one friend at around 43 minutes... I actually after my race was done I went back to get him and forced him to finish strong...

OH and I got my new car

OHHHH and as part of the 5k, I won a free pair of sneakers from Roadrunner sports! I got a new pair of $125 trail sneakers (that can be used on the street or track too) for nothing! I would never have spoiled myself with such a shoe!

Ill get back and comment on all your personals a bit latter.. have a really busy day today, giving a presentation to my agency president.
  • jessiej1980
    Options
    Good Monday Morning!

My weekend was...interesting. Found out Friday I lost about 8 pounds in two weeks (yay!) Saturday my daughters and I decided to go to Zumba, however my oldest (13) and her friend showed up 20 minutes later and began watching and giggling (as 13 year olds can do). After walking to the waiting room where they were standing, and hollaring at them, I went back to class, but it was too late....the mojo was gone.....oh well another day. Sooooo then Sunday we all got ready for family photos for our holiday cards. Running late I of course spazzed because my timeline was messed with. We got about 2 minutes from the park we were driving to and my step-sons car he was driving (too many people for one car) broke a pully (whatever that it) and was no mobile....bye bye photos.....a few hours later the fella and I went to the gym to go swimming, and he decided it is too cold and leaves me to my own device for nearly an hour. After an hour of water swimming and crunches etc. we went home. I slept horrid due to muscles I never knew I had aching. Not such a bad thing. BEST part of the weekend.....Sharing some vanilla ice cream with my 6 month old son (just a bit).......and he loved it! He was not too happy when I took it away...haha he was TICKED.

Anyhoo....

@GorillaNJ: NICE job!!!!! Sounds like a great time...and brisk :)

Have a great monday all!! Work and then a nice walk for me at the gym!!!
  • jessiej1980
    Options
    can anyone adv how to add photos to thread, tried photo bucket but will not show the pictures, just the links.
  • jessiej1980
    Options
    :@Robin I am already calculated how much exercise I will have to get on Thursday to be able to enjoy myself..........yeah. :noway:
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    @Gorilla~Great run and great pic! Sweet prize - we don’t have a Roadrunner Sports here, but I order from their online store all the time.

@Robin~Good luck with the doctor today, I hope you get some answers and he can give you some relief.

@Jessie~Awesome loss! Pesky teenagers! :grumble:

Welcome to Stinger and SweetTea!

AFM~Did deadlifts during my training session yesterday, wow I feel it in my hammies today - knew I would! :laugh: My hair is definitely too short, had a frustrating time fixing it this morning - hopefully it grows out a bit quickly! :frown: Well the meteorologists were wrong again, got us all worked up over nothing. :noway: It did rain/sleet overnight, but think the ground was too warm as nothing really stuck. So my sister made it in on time yesterday afternoon and my commute this morning wasn’t terrible, it was a bit longer but not a slip 'n slide. I did set off the house alarm this morning, causing Zoe to run into the garage and take refuge under my car. It took 20 minutes to coax her out from underneath there and console her, she was shaking so bad when I picked her up. Poor thing.

Exercise Goals:

Monday~Gym, Arc Trainer
    Tuesday~Gym, elliptical or training session
    Wednesday~Gym, elliptical or training session
    Thursday~None, traveling in morning
    Friday~None, spending day with my family
    Saturday~Gym, running drills
    Sunday~Gym, training session

Glad to have a short week at work this week
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm back from vacation and from the "after vacation" slump. On day one in Vegas I logged my calories up to lunch. Then I had 700 calories left for supper. Then I bought my Fat Tuesday drink...32 ounces of margarita later :love: , I was 700 calories over and still had supper to eat. At that point, I decided to stop counting calories and just focus on good food choices, leaving some food on the plate and walking, walking, walking. The scale says I'm 2.4 pounds up but considering I haven't been very good about drinking water since I got back, I'm going to down a bunch of water and see where I end up. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

We only saw the 50-60 while in Vegas, but we came back to the cold snap in the Dakotas. Our flight got in at 9:30 PM on Wednesday and we decided to drive home that night (since my husband works nights, it was okay). Well, when we stopped in Fargo to fill gas it was 5 degrees!! Yuck!! Luckily, yesterday was gorgeous and I got my shopping done.

@Laurie -- congrats on the niece and congrats on the personal best on the 5K
    @Tina -- One foot in front of the other. I'm sorry you are having such a hard time. Focus on one thing at a time. While you get your schedule figured out, work on your menu planning and logging. Then slowly add in the workouts. Don't over schedule, just small steps. You've done it before and you can do it again -- I have confidence in you!
    @Kaye -- I love crossing things off the list too...glad it was a productive day for you. I need one of those today. :wink: Love the hummingbird -- I think your dad will get a lot of enjoyment from it.
    @jtconst -- I miss those craft fairs. My MIL and SIL and I used to go every year. Now that we live in 3 different states, that has gone away, but they are some good memories (and some good gifts were found too)
    @nace -- awesome on the dress!!!! I do take after my mother -- you won't find anything older than 3 years in my closet other than some t-shirts from different places -- I'm a thrower/donator.
    @Karen -- well he tried with his mother. :noway: How frustrating for him.

Well, gotta run to the doctor for my son. I'll catch up the rest of the way later!
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Monday Check In: I stepped on the scale this morning and it said 239.0!!!! That's a 2.1 loss since last week. I am officially out of the 240's. I am completely surprised. I thought I would weigh in at 240 ish this week. Saturday I stepped on the scale and it said 239.6, I stepped off and back on, it said 240.2 several more times. Yesterday it said 239.4, I stepped off and back on and it said 240.1. This morning I stepped on and off several times and it kept giving me the same weight. I'll take it! I was looking at the calendar this morning. Sunday is December 1st, so that means I take my measurements and progress pictures. When I look in the mirror it looks to me like my hips are flatter. My husband agrees and says my tush looks different too. (That one I don't see but I will take the compliment) I hope I am not disappointed when I do my measurements. I am trying not to think about it too much. If I do I will start thinking of numbers that I expect and will feel crummy if the numbers are the same.

Kelley - Where upstate did you live? I am from Long Island. I enjoy the differences that all 4 seasons bring to NY. Especially, when the snow falls. I have huge picture windows in both my den and formal living room that look into my yard. I have a lot of trees in the sump behind my house. It is so magical looking outside and watching the snow fall and glistening on the trees. I am glad you found something that works for you. I don't know too much about the Paleo/Primal way as I have not researched it. My bestie was telling me slightly about it. I do agree with the concept of eating whole/ non-processed foods. When I first met my husband he was a hamburger helper kind of guy. I just don't see the point of it. It is so easy and simple to make something like that from scratch by adding various seasonings to your chopmeat. But then again, I enjoy cooking so to me it is no big deal to whip up a new recipe and experiment. There are times though that I will used prepackaged stuff too. (Rices, soup mixes, mac and cheese)

Rae- Congrats on your upcoming wedding. When I got married I said I was going to lose weight. I ordered my dress smaller than my size. When it came in, I didn't lose the weight. I was crying at the dress shop. The tailor was so nice and comforted me. She had to let it out quite a bit but she was able to make it fit! :blushing: I put myself through unnecessary stress for nothing. Keep doing what you are doing and you will fit into that dress without any problems! I wish you the best. It is such an exciting time for you! What colors are you doing for your wedding?

Tammy - I am pretty crafty but there are some things I would love to do. I would love to learn how to crochet. My mom has a good friend who makes these amazing blankets. I have 3 of them. I would love to learn how to make them and then give them out as gifts for Christmas. Have you ever been to Alaska to visit your husband while he is away working? Visiting Alaska is on my bucket list. Your dogs sound so adorable!

Alupinsk - Congrats on the new job. How exciting! Wahoo for your measurements and not feeling like you are going to die when running. That is always a good thing! :wink: :laugh:

Karen - Thanks for the advice with the pushups. I didn't think about doing them against the wall. I am going to try that next time! Sounds like your MIL will never give up. I am sorry. I wish I had advice that made it better but I don't so here is a flower instead :flowerforyou: It recently got really cold here too. Temps in the mid 20's and they are predicting possible snow for Thanksgiving. I was just discussing it with my husband this morning. We have to go into the city to his grandmother's house. The last thing in the world I want is to be stuck there with my MIL because of the snow. I am hoping the snow hits later on in the evening so we can use it as our excuse to get out of there. :wink:
    What did you think of The Walking Dead last night? I loved it. I predicted the governor killing off Martinez but didn't think he would do it with the golf club. I thought he was going to snap his neck and push him off the trailer and make it look like he was very drunk and lost his footing. I didn't expect him to kill off Pete and take over running the camp. I anxiously wait for the next episode.

Robin - Good luck with the doctor. Keep us posted!

Mel - I come from a large family. My immediate family is small but I have a ton of 2nd and 3rd cousins. It makes family gatherings very interesting, joyous and lively. I love it!

Kaye - Congrats on your new foster grandson! I love how positive you always are. Thanks for the quote it is a great one!

Laurie - Congrats on cleaning out the closet and getting rid of the old clothes that are too big. How great that you found some new things that fit! I can't wait to get to that point. :flowerforyou:

SweetTea - Welcome. Jump right in and join us!

Ingrid - Welcome. Just jump right in. Sounds like you are off to a terrific start. I wish you the best of luck!

Gorilla - Congrats on the race, new sneakers and new car! I had to laugh when you called your 8 year old a jerk. :laugh: Good for him though for doing so well! That is great that your older son finished too! It sounds like it was a good day for all!