Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    can anyone adv how to add photos to thread, tried photo bucket but will not show the pictures, just the links.

I know how to do it with photobucket. I have to look up the code, which link to use and get back to you. You have to add a code before the link. I will private message you when I look up the proper code.
  • jessiej1980
    Options
    can anyone adv how to add photos to thread, tried photo bucket but will not show the pictures, just the links.

I know how to do it with photobucket. I have to look up the code, which link to use and get back to you. You have to add a code before the link. I will private message you when I look up the proper code.

Thank you so much!!! I took a picture last night of how upset the baby was after I took his food away....yeah
  • Garetie
    Garetie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: bump
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Posting a photo for Jessie so she can see the code!

***Don't forget to resize your photo first***

ef289a2b-ddee-42c4-a5b1-bd08db220b0a_zps0aaccee1.jpg

Edited: To put a smaller picture up. The first one was too big.
  • jessiej1980
    Options
    Posting a photo for Jessie so she can see the code!

***Don't forget to resize your photo first***

ef289a2b-ddee-42c4-a5b1-bd08db220b0a_zps0aaccee1.jpg

Edited: To put a smaller picture up. The first one was too big.
  • jessiej1980
    Options
    c3885fe2-bb6f-4a74-a9e4-ab3cb61c9906_zps11963056.jpg

He is not happy I took away the ice cream

Thanks Nettie!!!!
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    bump

Quote of the day: “We tend to forget that happiness doesn’t come as a result of getting something we don’t have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.” ~Fredrick Koeing
  • SweetTea111104
    SweetTea111104 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Hey guys. I am doing ok. Since I work for the school system I have the whole week off. That also means that I become auntie day care. I always have my nieces along with my kids because everybody else works traditional schedules. So my house is a mad house. Not exactly my idea of a break or vacation but I am a team player and I try to not have a bad attitude about it. ☺️ So this weekend I told myself that I was going to start the 30 day shred today. Now that today is here I am smh about why I said I was going to to it! Ugh I need to just do it. Ok. Well wish me luck. I am getting ready to put my workout clothes on. This will be my first attempt at putting any pressure in my ankle since my injury. My ankle still hurts but I refuse to continue my life like I am crippled so I am going to try and fight through the discomfort.

Ta ta for now. Thanks for such a warm welcome! I am really excited about this group. I know its a thread but seems more like a group to me ????
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Monday Check In- I ate pretty crappy all weekend mostly out of feeling bad for myself and not liking my life right now. Guess in reality it was just a pitty party for being alone once again. Atleast my car is fixed and I now realize i can't even be friends with my ex at all, which is fine we have no ties to each other.
    I did take the puppy for a trial week stay to see if I may want him...he is already potty trained mostly no accidents in the house but man when it is -2 outside and he is full of fur he can play for a very long time. I think I was completely frozen before he wanted to come in. My son likes playing with him but doesn't want to help with anything so if I do take him it is me doing it all. He is up to date on shots and comes with everything that I need for him right now including a huge bag of food and kennel to last his whole life. I am weighing the pros and cons along with vet costs right now. I have till friday to make up my mind.
    I am still reading through weekend posts.
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the welcome backs and support. It's greatly appreciated right now.

I started logging this morning, so that is where I am starting at.

And I can't remember who asked, but I am working in a hospital right now. I am CNA. I am not yet in the nursing program. I might be starting the LPN this spring. Not sure though because that would involve me working every saturday and sunday and finding one day a week I have to work a midnight shift as well in order to get my 3 12's in I need a week. So I don't know if I want to do that or not. I wont be able to get into the RN program until next fall (and thats if I get accepted the first time). So if I started with getting my LPN this spring I would be done with my LPN and RN the same time if I waited to get my RN....either way I don't know what I am going to do yet. It's stresses me out just not knowing what's going on.

This time I feel will be harder than when I started before. But I HAVE to do this. So I will work on things one at a time, or as much at once as I can.

Tina
  • p1xyn1xy
    p1xyn1xy Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday y'all!

Karenleona: I hope the dr's gives you good news soon. You finally got in the habit and want to be healthy... and now you're being held back. I understand from when I couldn't do anything when my knee went out. It must be driving you crazy! :(
    Robin: I'm sorry you aren't feeling better yet. It's pretty inspiring that despite everything going on, you're still going strong in here. I'm glad you can get a second opinion... sometimes the mature doctors simply have a better depth of experience... good luck!
    Michelleborma: Congrats on the 3 lbs!!! You're rock'n this thing! :D About the loose skin... I've been looking at the info too. It just depends on how much elasticity is left in you skin, how old you are...etc. A few things suggested is coconut oil (which is supposed to help your skin (like stretch marks after a baby)) or weightlifting (some people find that it tones and tightens quite a bit up). Not sure... but might be worth a try. :D
    Alupinsk: Sometimes our body needs sleep more than exercise. Its important mentally and physically! Don't get down on yourself for taking care of yourself! Nice workout btw! I'm happy to feel the burn too... I like to know my effort is doing something. Congratulations on the new job!!!!
    nzenczak: Only you know how much you can handle. If it isn't working for you, good job changing it to something else!!!
    Welcome Karen...kdet07!
    kaye! You are just plugging away at your list!!!! I hope you like the way the new carpets look! Sorry about the earache... colds are so hard on little ones. :(
    Tina: Welcome back! Your life sounds just overwhelming right now. It's easy to understand how you slid backwards... we've all done it. Food can be a comfort. :( I would pick something small and just maintain that for awhile, until you have the time and energy to do more. It will give you back the confidence to remember that you CAN do this.
    Naceto: apparently you sister picks out better bridesmaid dresses than some of the ones I've seen. lol! Congrats, what a great NSV!
    Karen: Family drama sucks! Hope this works out for the best. :(
    Susan: Welcome back! It sounds like you had a lucrative trip! Vice President at the opening! Quite a coup! :D
    Ingrid: Welcome to the thread. I'm glad you're ok. You seem to have a solid grip on what you want to do and how to do it. Great job! Congrats on the 22lbs!!!
    Gorilla, that's awesome!!! I've been waiting to hear how the run went!!! So cute that your son beat you....cheeky kid! lol! Great job with your oldest too. I don't think you said they did this before? I love the fact that they did this with you! Pretty cool, about getting new sneaks too. I'm so happy your car issues are resolved... must be a weight off your mind.
    Jessie... wow that's one mad baby! lol! I'm sorry about the pics.... was the photographer mad? One year we went to get ours. Hubby started the car, so it would be warm for the baby (3weeks old). Came inside to grab her, someone hopped in our van and stole it. 45 seconds tops he left it alone. They crashed it 5 blocks from our house. grrr...We took the other tiny car to the pics. But not our best year. :grumble:
    Nettie: congrats on the 230's! Woo Hoo!!!!

AFM: I have not been paying as much attention to my weight loss. The last 2 weeks, I believe I've lost 2.5 lb. Not big but respectable. Especially since my eatings been yoyoing a bit. I had to quit Ripped in 30.... I was not happy. I got to level 2 but it was too hard on my body. I need to lose more before I try it again. ( I cannot do a pushup and bend my leg to my waist sideways at the same time for example). I'm just going to concentrate on circuit training and Zumba for awhile. :)
    My husband's birthday on Saturday was fun and he loved it. We had an winter firepit going, tunes, a bbq, a giant pot of hot chocolate, and open bar. It was probably at it's coldest -8, so we got lucky for the weather. About 20 people came. If anyone got to cold they just zipped into the house for a bit. MY calories were over for that day.... mainly because of the liquid calories. lol!

By the way the thread is zooming this weekend!
    Have a great week everyone.
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    @Holly~Yep, german shepherds love the cold. You couldn’t pay me to go out there in that! Brr…

@Tina~Baby steps, you’re off to a great start just by logging. Just take it one day at a time, try logging until it becomes a habit again and then try something else – don’t do too much at once that you get overwhelmed.

@Nettie~Super adorable kitty – just want to squeeze it! :laugh: I lived on Long Island in Massapequa when I was very young before we settled in the Binghamton area, lived there until 96. I loved the change of seasons in NY, but wasn’t very tolerable of the winters (didn’t care as a kid, but as an adult I hated it) – I love to watch it snow, so peaceful, but can’t stand the cold. There were just too many subzero temps and blizzards for my liking, so when my parents relocated back to Texas I followed them. :wink:

@SweetTea~Don’t push your ankle too far, especially with something as intense as 30DS – you might go to the drugstore and look for an ankle wrap to help support it. The last thing you want is a re-injury.
  • aimeemarie150
    aimeemarie150 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the congrats on my new job :) Definitely excited to quit working on overnights. :)

@Tina- At least you came back! :) This is the first time I've been committed like this to myself and I'm too scared to go back to fall off the wagon!! lol

Monday check in...another emotional roller coaster of a weekend, but I stayed within my calorie limits. I've realized that instead of food, I am now throwing myself into work, which I guess is a good thing. :)
  • jessiej1980
    Options
    P1: I was the photographer...lol I took them last year and got asked at the photo place for a letter from the photographer for copyright issues....anyhow it was just for the card, my hubbys niece is supposed to take them in a few weeks hopefully. Yes..he was MAD....teach me to give him icecream then take it away..... Keep up the work, I promise that it will be well worth it!!!!!!
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Everyone
    I lost another pound this week ~ That's 5 pounds in 2 weeks for me !
    I have a cruise in Jund of next year and i want to loose 40 pounds before i go !
  • michelleborman50
    michelleborman50 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies for your input on loose skin. It is a huge fear of mine. I am exploiting nightly, lotions, trying toning exercises and just added a weekly seaweed wrap (that I do on my own) I will research the coconut oil idea. So guess I am doing everything possible to avoid it. Just seems so crappy for someone to work so hard to loose weight just to be left with all that extra skin. Crossing my fingers for the best outcome...lol

Hope everyone is having a healthy and fantastic week!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    Just catching up with posts. I will do personal later.

Monday Check-in:
    I had a super-long day. Lots of students coming in during my opens to finish their test corrections. One period it was actually kind of fun b/c I had music playing on my laptop when the kids walked in. I turned it off and they were all like "nooo! leave the music on!" Apparently, teens today still like Jane's Addiction. :laugh: I was cleaning up my room checking in books while they worked and a few finished theirs before their friends, so they helped me put them back in the book room. After school I had another group come in to work, and I got some grading done too.

The down side was that I got home too late to take gunner for a walk and I was way too tired to hit the gym. :grumble: I know I will get some extra workouts in later in the week b/c I'm off after tomorrow, so I'm not gonna sweat it too much.

Grading goals:
    1. 53/53 Diction analysis (5 & 6) DONE
    2. 20/53 Diction analysis (7 & 8)

Exercise goals:
    Mon--walk gunner NOT DONE + gym (cardio) NOT DONE
    Tues--rest day
    Wed--walk gunner + gym
    Thurs--5k Turkey Trot
    Fri--walk gunner + gym (lift and HIIT)
    Sat--walk gunner + gym (cardio)
    Sun--walk gunner + gym (lift and HIIT)

Exercise & Weight:
    Bench press = 75
    Dead lift = 75
    Squat = 85
    Overhead press = 55
    Upright row = 50

Overhead tricep extension = 25 (dumbbell)
    Bicep curl = 15 (dumbbell)
    Lat pull down = 100
    Tricep pull down = 90
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Sweattea- Like Kelley said don't push the ankle injury and give it time to heal. There are exercises you can do to strengthen your ankles for example-writing the alphabet with your foot along with increasing your flexibility there. You can also look on-line for ankle and knee exercises. Don't forget you can work on the upper body while the ankle is healing.

Tina- lots of choices right now, I am sure you will make the right one for you. 12 hour shifts are a long time and I wish you well with them. I worked 12 hours today and I was exhausted by the end of it. I had parent conferences all day so not the same type of stress but still stressful and very long.

Kelley- I am sure your hair will grow out quickly. My hair usually grows quickly after I get it cut.

Kris- Congrats on the lost.

Karen-Thanks for the tips on the running gear. I can't say that I am a fan of running in very cold weather either but I may try it depending on it on the wind chill on Thursday.

I survived parent teacher conferences today but I did eat way to much. Tomorrow, I have a workout planned with my trainer and it will be a hour of cardio. That will help me to burn off the calories. I am looking forward to having the rest of the week off starting tomorrow afternoon. I hope we don't have snowy weather tomorrow morning to make the commute worse than it needs to be. We will be getting the bad weather from the storms that are in the south plus the cold air from the north meeting near my area.

Have a great week.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone - interesting posts -
    Laurie - I would hate parent- teacher conferences but I get shy sometimes meeting peoplel and if theres confrontation I fold pretty easily.

jessie - the picture was adorable !

I saw a nice doctor today and he's ordered a CT scan and an esophogram of my neck and throat for tomorrow. He was very patient and showed me a video of how the nerve in my tongue is connected to the nerve in my ear and stuff like that. So we clicked quite well. I'll have the results on Weds. maybe. I have to laugh, an old friend stopped by and compared my talking to the voice of Tweety Bird. That's how I sound now, a pretty big lisp."I tawt I taw a putty tat" :blushing:
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    :love:

NEED IDEAS FOR DECEMBER CHALLENGES PLEASE :sad:

OK Everyone - lets start suggesting some ideas for the December Challenges and we all KNOW its got to do with those delightful platters of Christmas cookies and treats and the groaning table of Christmas Day! So suggest suggest suggest::

Lets just maintain this month - lets not try and lose weight !:

:love: