BLACK GIRLS WORKOUT TOO!!

Options

Replies

• tabg02
    Options
    I recently started using the DVD. Has it worked out for you?
  • tabg02
    Options
    I agree with you EDesq. However, on the DVD they tell you that abs are made in the kitchen. The DVD also comes with a 30 day meal plan as well as ways to follow them on social media for health tips. In my short time of getting my health and weight together I've learned that it's truly a combination of both, it may not be an equal combination but both are needed. Changing what you eat allows you to instantly see results, however, after a short time your weight loss will plato/stop if it's not coupled with exercise. Now there are no magic pills, shakes, etc. that can work without making right choices in the kitchen/restaurant or without exercise.
  • tabg02
    Options
    I purchased this dvd about 3 months ago...now that I am ready to use it my meal plan is no where in site. Can someone email me the meal plan pleasssssse!!! :sad:

Can you email it to me when you get it please? Lol! My roommate lost ours.
  • tabg02
    Options
    Working out is great, it helps so many things...stress levels, confidence, flexibility, sweating helps to clean pores...BUT remember, wt loss and maintenance is 90% WHAT YOU EAT and 10% Execise/Activity. Don't be fooled and focus on the WRONG thing. When days get hard, if you have to pass on something choose the exercise instead of pigging out because working out TWICE a day will get you down. Reality, you can lose weight w/o an exercise routine but you can NOT lose or maintain wt loss with a bad diet (eating habit for life).

Truthfully, I wish people would get as excited about eating healthily as they do about chasing that "magic pill" (An Exercise DVD or Routine. Most will get a "Turnt-Up" exercise routine so they can eat BADLY and feel good about themselves. Enjoy your DVD, but don't go so far over-board that you become sooo hungry and tired that all you think about is hitting a number at a certain time, and then 6, 12, 15, 18 Months after that you are back in here saying you are going to do it Right "This Time". Be Well, Live Well

I agree with you EDesq. However, on the DVD they tell you that abs are made in the kitchen. The DVD also comes with a 30 day meal plan as well as ways to follow them on social media for health tips. In my short time of getting my health and weight together I've learned that it's truly a combination of both, it may not be an equal combination but both are needed. Changing what you eat allows you to instantly see results, however, after a short time your weight loss will plato/stop if it's not coupled with exercise. Now there are no magic pills, shakes, etc. that can work without making right choices in the kitchen/restaurant or without exercise.
  • rb16fitness
    rb16fitness Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I workout, but CAN"T jump !!! :laugh:
    :drinker:
  • kdb247
    kdb247 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Bump????
  • SkinnyFatAlbert
    SkinnyFatAlbert Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    "You can do side bends or sit ups but please don't lose that butt."
  • Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I have never heard that we don't.

But good for you on working out.
  • Nissi51
    Nissi51 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Checking in - this black chic works out!
  • HeavyHilda
    Options
    Great that you are getting in shape. As far as the DVD name, I wonder how well it would go over if it said "White girls work out"?

One only needs to look at the news to see that reverse racism is alive and well (ie: knock out game). It would be nice if the author of the video had more of an all inclusive name like maybe American Women Workout, or Healthy Workout?!. Just a thought.

It's making me rather nauseated that America seems to be getting more divided each year - To bad that Americans can't be called just that, Americans.
  • MyFig
    MyFig Posts: 8
    Options
    Yes WE do!
  • msmonique46
    msmonique46 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Under exercise, enter calisthenics vigorous enter the time and the computer will calculate the amount of calories burned. If it seems too high or too low tweak it. It's not an exact science when you don't have a calorie counter waist/wrist ban. Hope that helps.
  • 22dream
    22dream Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    they say you burn about 500 calories the whole dvd
  • sybrix
    sybrix Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Great that you are getting in shape. As far as the DVD name, I wonder how well it would go over if it said "White girls work out"?

Not very well, because it...wouldn't make any sense in the context of the marketing tactic. The genetic trait of every white women's hair does not involve instantly reversing texture upon moisture contact after spending hundreds of dollars at the salon to alter the texture. They are marketing to a certain demographic in which a lot of the women avoid working out, by being relatable to other black women. The hair thing may not seem like a big deal or silly to you but it is a cultural thing. :laugh:

Also...nearly every popular DVD I bought geared towards women has starred a white woman. I get a pleasant surprise out of the ones that have a black woman kickin butt in the background, makes me identify with it more. :happy: So your point is kinda moot, I'm not sure how marketing towards a neglected demographic in a certain market is "reverse racism". I for one welcome any black female fitness role models!

Anyhoo... I detested getting my hair relaxed when I was young, it would suck straightening it and I hated spending that much time on it. Went natural and haven't looked back. Dreads are the best decision I made for a low maintenance hair style that also happens to be extremely sweat friendly. :drinker:

Might try the DVDs out at some point, looks intriguing!
  • kdb247
    kdb247 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Anyhoo... I detested getting my hair relaxed when I was young, it would suck straightening it and I hated spending that much time on it. Went natural and haven't looked back. Dreads are the best decision I made for a low maintenance hair style that also happens to be extremely sweat friendly. :drinker:

[/quote]

^^ quote above^^ Sybrix
    My hair was a hot mess after my workouts. I had to choose between my bone straight perm and my heavy duty daily workout. Trust me when I tell you it was a difficult decision. When the scale started an upward trend and I needed a monthly supply of $110 blood pressure medicine, I went natural. Going natural relieved the pressure/stress I endured having to make it presentable every single day. The switch probably lowered my BP too! Lol
  • HeavyHilda
    Options
    I went natural. Going natural relieved the pressure/stress I endured having to make it presentable every single day.

^^^^
    I agree with the natural look, I wear mine natural too. It seems to be coming back in style! Don't think I can agree that European Americans hair looks any better than mine after a workout, lol. Some of them have wet to their scalp hair and I have been told by them they have to wash it sometimes several times a day!

Also, I don't think I will purchase a video because of the color of someone's skin on the cover. Bone/flesh/skin gets worked out the same, it doesn't know colour :tongue:
  • 902sexxi
    902sexxi Posts: 32 Member
    Options

Not very well, because it...wouldn't make any sense in the context of the marketing tactic. The genetic trait of every white women's hair does not involve instantly reversing texture upon moisture contact after spending hundreds of dollars at the salon to alter the texture. They are marketing to a certain demographic in which a lot of the women avoid working out, by being relatable to other black women. The hair thing may not seem like a big deal or silly to you but it is a cultural thing. :laugh:

Also...nearly every popular DVD I bought geared towards women has starred a white woman. I get a pleasant surprise out of the ones that have a black woman kickin butt in the background, makes me identify with it more. :happy: So your point is kinda moot, I'm not sure how marketing towards a neglected demographic in a certain market is "reverse racism". I for one welcome any black female fitness role models!

QFT! I have'nt gotten the DVD but I hope this is sucessful and more DVDs like this will be made that encourage black women to workout.

About the hair thing, I'm natural as well. When I straighten my hair I wear it up in a high snug ponytail with a wrap so it won't frizz up. I usually wear my hair in twistouts,buns or braids.
  • RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I love to see women workout black or not. In for the sexy black girls working out though go girls!!
  • TyFit08
    TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I use to workout on the weekend so that it would coincide with wash days. Then I started wearing half wigs on workout days so that hair wasn't a factor. Now I am natural, so if I miss a workout it is because I'm being lazy, not because of my hair.

I am glad that there is a push to get black women active through this DVD and Black Girls Run. It is not about being exclusive, but trying to introduce and encourage fitness to a group of women who happen to have the highest rates of diabetes and heart disease. I have always had an interest in fitness, but I don't recall any woman, in my life, my mother, aunts, older cousins working out or having a gym membership when I was growing up. Many of them were naturally thin in their youth and then gained later and just accepted it. But now majority of them suffer from diabetes and heart disease. We have so few examples of black women in the fitness industry. You don't black women often in workout DVDs, on the cover of Shape or Fitness magazine, in fitness/bodybuilding competitions, martial arts etc. However, I feel that as more black women make their health and fitness a priority that this will change, in fact it already is. I ran a 5K back in the summer with Black Girls Run in Harlem of all places. There were more white runners, but still the black women of black girls run represented in a big way and without that group, we would just be a few chocolate sprinkles in the 2000+ runners that participated.
  • Treadmillmom1st
    Treadmillmom1st Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!