Body Image and Relationships

Options
12345679»

Replies

• tula1980
    Options
    Good for you. You've lost the weight because you've realised that your worth the time and effort, so hold out for the partner who's also going to treat you like your worth the time and effort.

I have to say I've dated a few guys in my younger years who I really enjoyed spending time with but just didn't didn't fancy in that way, I can't imagine any situation which would have actually pointed out body parts like that and said exactly what I didn't like about it! Sounds to me like your worth WAY better than him! Onwards and upwards!
  • JimDandy4
    Options
    you need to bounce, bro. you are soaring and she sucks.
  • MaxxieTibbyMom
    MaxxieTibbyMom Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I was going to write something logical but I have to agree with the majority of the response, it is time to call it quit. You can find another one, it just means the best is yet to come. If you cited word-by-word what this person said, I have to say it is rather mean. It is not something I would say to anyone, not even my most disliked co-worker. Have you ever asked why s/he still stays with you if s/he does not find you attractive? Then what exactly does this relationship mean to her? To you? Maybe s/he just wants to get out of the relationship, so be the big one and pull the plug....for both of your sakes. Just remember, the best is yet to come, and you deserve to be with someone who will appreciate you from inside out!

Your homework for the day - look yourself in the eyes in the mirror and say, "I deserve to be with someone who will find me insanely attractive as I am right this moment" 10 times, let me know what happened.
  • earvizu92
    earvizu92 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Bye bye.........:huh:
  • jkandktmom
    jkandktmom Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    You're with the wrong guy.

It's really this simple. The right person will love you inside and out. It is tough to be alone but I imagine it's tough to be with him as well. (((HUGS)))

Edited because I read your response: I'm happy to read your update. You deserve so much better. The lonliness will pass- unfortunately it happens slowly, but it does pass. :flowerforyou:
  • TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    Oh My goodness!!,never settle...ever! Leave now,hold your head up high,& keep it mov'in!! She is mean and shallow...you deserve better, you'd be doing better just being on your own! Best wishes!
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    *Update*

I finally ended things. I miss him a lot but it was a necessary step to preserve my dignity and self-respect. How can one be in a relationship with someone who is unwilling to bestow acceptance. I do feel lonely now, and I miss the fun times we had seeing old movies together and just the companionship in general. But clearly I needed to get out of that situation.

Every day that passes I feel a bit stronger. He had really hurt my self esteem a lot.

You did the right thing. You will find someone who will love what you are, inside and out.