• MuscleAndMascara
    MuscleAndMascara Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    why am I not, is my question!!

bwahaha
  • sassysmom35
    sassysmom35 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Short answer...because my fiancé (had been together 3 years) left me 2 months ago for a woman he met on farmersonly.com...seriously!!! Now im focusing on me and becoming who I want to be and how I want to look. Not even remotely interested in the dating scene right now.
  • talk2me2013
    Options
    I'm to aggressive, and scare guys away.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    Short answer...because my fiancé (had been together 3 years) left me 2 months ago for a woman he met on farmersonly.com...seriously!!! Now im focusing on me and becoming who I want to be and how I want to look. Not even remotely interested in the dating scene right now.

i would have bet he left you cause clearly Angel was the better choice of vampires with a soul :)
  • ElectricDragon
    ElectricDragon Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Meeting single females is hard for me. The females I have met in recent years tend to be married or in a relationship (really can't think of anyone who was single). So it's bad luck, coupled with the geographic limitations of living in a suburban city (I have to drive 30 to 60 miles to get to "where the people go"). I don't really like the idea of meeting people at a bar or club, so maybe that's part of my problem. I tried the online dating thing for about 6 to 8 months, worked hard on my profile, messaged plenty of women, tried lots of different things - but never got a reply back let a lone a date. So bad luck strikes again. I'm a normal, well adjusted, educated individual which makes it a little frustrating. I just gotta be the best me I can be though and keep my head high. Maybe my luck will change. If it doesn't that's ok too. It's nothing to lose sleep over.
  • DudeistPriest
    DudeistPriest Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Because I choose to be.
  • LLT57
    LLT57 Posts: 21
    Options
    I'm single because:

- I keep telling myself that I will start dating again when I am slimmer. Been saying this for years.
    - I fear rejection because of my weight..
    - I'm looking for Mr Perfect who doesn't exist.
  • fitnessbyme1978
    Options
    Bc I want to be with a lady that goes to the gym with our without me. For some reason I guess that's a lot to ask for. I don't have a problem meeting woman I just refuse to settle.
  • blably
    blably Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    cause im just gettin over the fact that he cheated on me with my best friend (great friend huh) and that they are all in love and i am hee stuck with my life turned upside down. / gettin that under control
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Because when all is said and done, I would really rather not have the head of a nail in the eye.

http://youtu.be/-4EDhdAHrOg

;)
  • Arne_becomesxXx
    Arne_becomesxXx Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I am shy and picky and don´t feel much attractive. So it´s hard to even get that close :sad:
  • amcsouth
    amcsouth Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I'm single because:
    - I come off as intimidating
    - I want someone who will lift with me and follows a similar lifestyle (i.e. loves to workout and eats decently healthy)
    - I'm scared of rejection
    - I'm probably too picky
    - I don't want to settle

:flowerforyou:
  • karen19711
    karen19711 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I Choose to be and I Will Not Settle.........Smile K xo
  • ronit_rai
    ronit_rai Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    because ppl think am phsyco.
  • minuz5
    minuz5 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    cuz being in relationship is too mainstream :D
  • socrates02
    socrates02 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    because iam alway on MFP :laugh: Jokes:drinker:
  • ARDuBaie
    ARDuBaie Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I think I intimidate men. I am a very strong, opinionated woman and I don't take guff from people. Also, I am picky although I would let a few things slip if the right man came along. It is funny, but I dated a man that eventually dumped me. His reason baffled me. One month, I had a car accident and didn't call to tell him about it and that I was in a neck brace. When he found out, he went ballistic, saying, "How can I take care of you if you don't let me know when you are hurt?" So when I fractured some ribs the next month, I called him right away. Of course he didn't come and take care of me. So much for taking care of me when I am hurt. But the real kicker is he called me a week later and dumped me, saying "I need a strong woman." What?????

His current girlfriend is high maintenance, very demanding, and needy. She also has the intelligence of a rock. Guess that is what is called a 'strong woman' these days. (sarcasm implied)

I don't understand men. Maybe that's the problem.
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    i am single because i am the best "me" when i'm single
  • ARDuBaie
    ARDuBaie Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    When I was single (I've only been married 4 years and I am 41 so I was single for a while) the answer was this...

I am picky and I intimidate most men in my small rural community.

In my area "men" wanted to be "needed" and I didn't need a man in my life to make it complete.

Great career, new car, my own money, bought a house on my own, great friends, large blahhed up family that I love dearly and my teenage son. I mowed my own lawn, tended my own garden, shovelled my own driveway etc. and to top it all off I made more money then most of them...that was usually the straw that broke the camels back...not that I told them that but they could tell as my car was newer and I had a house.

I didn't need a man in my life...and men in my area couldn't deal.

Then I found one who wasn't intimidated by all that...he was a decade younger and he's perfect for me.

It's been great...

Ditto