Another Mom under fire for post baby selfie.

Options

Replies

• jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    its_me_jasmin said it best: if a baby only weighs 5-10 lbs, why should she gain any more than 15?
  • mammamaurer
    mammamaurer Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    GetYoPopcornReady_zpsa1c618c3.gif
    in for the roll
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    What I wanna know is how she is not stuck wearing a big ol' pad and granny panties four days after giving birth?! LOL Those mesh underwear from the hospital were rad for postpartem! Aha! :laugh: :love:

The underlined part made me do a double take.

Edit: When I bolded it, the effect was lost.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    its_me_jasmin said it best: if a baby only weighs 5-10 lbs, why should she gain any more than 15?

she gained 22 lbs.
    Because there's more than just baby needed to grow a baby.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    You guys are really gonna roll this, huh?
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    You guys are really gonna roll this, huh?

With your help, we are.
  • DainaLC
    DainaLC Posts: 18,937 Member
    Options
    In for the roll!
  • dlashawn5
    dlashawn5 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Sorry I just don't understand what the big deal is...everyone recovers differently! I didn't get a flat stomach for months after I had my son, I mean months of eating right, sit ups, girdles and working out....but I'm not going to give this woman a hard time about it. If she can carry a baby, push it out and pop back into shape withing four days...I SAY.... YOU GO GURL! Now, let's move it on!
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    What I wanna know is how she is not stuck wearing a big ol' pad and granny panties four days after giving birth?! LOL Those mesh underwear from the hospital were rad for postpartem! Aha! :laugh: :love:

The underlined part made me do a double take.

Edit: When I bolded it, the effect was lost.

Wiat,what? Did I underline that? Weird...
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Could someone go and post back here the picture of her at 36 weeks. She doesn't look 8 months pregnant. That should hold us for another 19 pages.

I'm here for you.

wow...I have never seen such a small bump so far into a pregnancy. just wow. in my opinion, she is way too thin (as in I wouldn't necessarily like to look like that, even if it was achievable!!) but obviously this is just the way her body is. She is quite obviously a tiny person and if that's all the size of her bump then its no wonder she looks the way she does after 4 days...
    meh, why do people get so irrate about things like this though, I mean its her body, her baby, her genetics, her photo, just cuz all women don't look like this you get haters aswell as the lovers. WE ARE ALL DIFFERENT!!!!!

When I was in labour with my son (2nd baby) the midwives went into a panic because I was only measuring for 26 weeks. I assured them that I was in fact 40 weeks +3 days and definitely full term. I just have a long torso and pretty good muscles in my tummy that made my bump seem small. My son was 7lb 7oz.
    Yes we are all different, and what may seem normal for one person may seem impossible to another.
  • 100toloose
    100toloose Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I really tried to hold my opinion back about it ,however I wish Id have a body like that... I think that is not possible to have one like that after 4 days you give birth. I just really hope the baby is healthy...
    Mama looks beautiful...where is the picture of the baby? After you give birth you post baby pics ,not a selfie...I probably shojld have kept my opinion to myselfi... Hmm..
  • KarenisPaleo
    KarenisPaleo Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm just having a hard time figuring out how she felt so great 4 days after birth that she is not rocking the granny panties and fleece PJs. I didn't wear panties like that for weeks after having my kids, and not because of my big butt and thighs, even though they were huge.

I'm impressed, and yes jealous too.

Yeah, I didn't wear panties like that 4 days after giving birth because I was still bleeding profusely.

Exactly! Every woman does, it is part of the process.

Where's her mattress pad sized maxi pad?????
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    just found out she's Norwegian. all of my questions have been answered. we are genetic freaks.

That's a frightening statement@genetics, inferring that it's because she's Norwegian. Having Norwegians as relatives, they pretty much have a high maintenance body type to maintain. And they're all different even in one house. Eg. A pair of sisters. One has a longer torso akin to the spotlit new Mum and her sister has a very short torso, with less than a handspan from her lowest rib to hipline. Now when she had her baby, she was out for the count. The legs are long, yes. Stereotypically Norwegian but the superior Norwegian gene is a generalisation, which can harm Norwegian women who don't exhibit said traits.

that was a joke. I am a 5'5" kinda fat norwegian, clearly I do not mean that my body is superior to anyone else's because it's norwegian. or do I?
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I'm just having a hard time figuring out how she felt so great 4 days after birth that she is not rocking the granny panties and fleece PJs. I didn't wear panties like that for weeks after having my kids, and not because of my big butt and thighs, even though they were huge.

I'm impressed, and yes jealous too.

Yeah, I didn't wear panties like that 4 days after giving birth because I was still bleeding profusely.

Exactly! Every woman does, it is part of the process.

Where's her mattress pad sized maxi pad?????

Baha,right?I thought the whole bleeding thing for a week after birth was universal. Hmm....
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

Maybe this is a joke?

But just in case. There is baby, placenta, amniotic fluid, enlarged uterus, increased blood volume, larger breasts, and at least 5 pounds of fat or so for breastfeeding (even if you don't breastfeed, your body doesn't know that plan).

And again, people are different. My BMI was 17.9 when I got pregnant, so I wanted to gain more. Even at 9 months pregnant my BMI was still in the healthy range (not overweight) with the baby and all the extra stuff. This is genetic, because I'm small framed, and because I'm active with my fitness. I feel like I have to say this stuff, so people don't think I'm jealous just for conversing in the thread.

And for the record, I think she looks great and I see no problem with her posting the pics.
  • lausa22
    lausa22 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Everyone carries different/gains baby weight different/loses baby weight different.
    After I was born my mum said she was able to put her size 8 (UK size) jeans back on in half an hour. One of my friends gave birth about 3 weeks ago and she had literally NO baby bump, you couldn't tell she was pregnant! And she wasn't a big girl either.
  • BootCampC
    BootCampC Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    did the baby come out flexing too? hmmmm
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    7f365ea3-f264-4123-bcde-361212bc8e38_instagram-post-delivery.png

In...

...for part 2.
  • candacet36
    candacet36 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    If I looked that smokin after giving birth I would post it too!!!
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    WTF I thought I was going to see a picture of a baby... Crap I love babies.... I thought she posted a baby selfie.. This is BS I say!!!!:grumble: