Another Mom under fire for post baby selfie.

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    The internet hate machine continues. So many people care about something that has **** all to do with them.

Keep making excuses for yourself, that will totally give you the body you want. *rolls eyes*

3vbe5k.jpg

Meanwhile, I'll continue to be getting in the best shape of my life and using things like this as motivation- as it's intended.

Did you actually read the thread?

Or did you see the first page, notice that there were >14 pages, and assumed that it was full of hate, excuses, and lack of motivation?

I find it interesting that people are jumping in here to call out what they believe is an inappropriate and "wrong" response...

...with what appears to me to be an inappropriate and "wrong" response.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    It's the apprehension (frustration) that I'm talking about. Why are some people apprehensive when they see this? Because photos like this might cause the perception in some women that they have to look like this right after giving birth? If that's the case, fight against it. Use the photo as an opportunity to educate people. Work to remove that reaction to the photo (the apprehension) because once people understand that each body reacts differently to pregnancy, that apprehension will dissipate.

I agree with all of this that you are saying - and I applaud you for being a strong, confident woman. Not every woman, however, is there yet. This photo is a great opportunity to open the discussion and have a healthy debate (if debate is even the right word). Some, like you and me, will dive right in. But, reducing the reaction of women who are more apprehensive to jealousy is over-simplifying a very complex issue that plays out on both a personal and a societal level.

Seriously, thank you for taking the time to write that and for saying it in a much better way than me.
  • jofjltncb6
    Pretty tacky, and obviously this woman needs confirmation that she's attractive. I'd feel bad if I had just given birth and had to see a photo of that woman who genetics seem to favor, too. She's obviously showing off and wants everyone to tell her how amazing she is.

But she isn't really doing anything wrong. No need to be under fire over it.

Wait. So if she had posted a picture of herself 4 days post but was slightly more typical, *then* it would be okay? Or if she had been far more typical, *then* okay? You're actually drawing a line for how good she is allowed to look before it's okay (or at least not "tacky") to post a picture???

It truly does boggle my mind.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Pretty tacky, and obviously this woman needs confirmation that she's attractive. I'd feel bad if I had just given birth and had to see a photo of that woman who genetics seem to favor, too. She's obviously showing off and wants everyone to tell her how amazing she is.

Wait. So if she had posted a picture of herself 4 days post but was slightly more typical, *then* it would be okay? Or if she had been far more typical, *then* okay? You're actually drawing a line for how good she is allowed to look before it's okay (or at least not "tacky") to post a picture???

I am suspicious of anyone who views a woman in her underwear as tacky.
  • dayone987
    dayone987 Posts: 645 Member
    Four days? I call BS. I want to see a newspaper with the date and the baby's birth announcement or birth certificate in that photo.
    No way in hell. Or else she had a 2-pound baby and didn't build up any fluid during the pregnancy.
    I'm not a women, but I think I'd be more concerned about the nutrition and health of the child I was carrying than how my body looks after I popped it out... But maybe she's just that damn good at balancing her diet and exercising and maintaining the health of the unborn child. Just maybe...

It's not unheard of. I gained 28 pounds. The baby was 7 lbs, 7 oz, 21 1/2 inches long. She scored 5's on her APGARS and is in perfect health. And I looked like this at 4 days postpartum:

20131019_092511_zpse30d49d2.jpg

And notice what the woman in that second picture is wearing compared to what the woman in the OP is wearing.

I was wearing my pajamas in that pic because I had just woken up...but I wore skinny jeans home from the hospital. Size 2. lol My point is just that it's not impossible to believe that a woman who is very fit and takes care of herself during pregnancy can bounce back right after birth. Despite the weight I gained and the size of the baby I carried, no one at work even knew I was pregnant because I carried small.

Um, you do realize that an Apgar score of 5 is considered fairly low. (it's out of 10)
    But truly glad she is in perfect health now (no sarcasm)
  • jofjltncb6

I am suspicious of anyone who views a woman in her underwear as tacky.

(I am slightly concerned that I seem to have been in agreement with you and quietbloom throughout this thread...

...and by "slightly", I mean, "gravely".

:flowerforyou: )
  • ModernNerd
    ModernNerd Posts: 336 Member
    Personally, I say you go Glenn Coco! I know there's all sort of controversy around fitspo images, but quite frankly I think they are what you make them, just as this lovely woman's photo is. I'm naturally competetive so seeing these moms with bombshell bodies makes me poke at mah belly jiggle, wonder what excuse I have, and hit the gym! For me it's motivation. For those who don't see it as such, and I can understand why that may be, it shouldn't mean anything, postive or negative. Those convulsing with visceral reactions are reacting from some personal insecurity, in my humble opinion.

Good thread OP :drinker:
  • LuLuChick78
    LuLuChick78 Posts: 439 Member

There's nothing wrong with celebrating that exception.

If you're so jaded with the system, which does indeed promote unrealistic standards for beauty through a variety of methods, that admiring or celebrating a genuinely exceptional person makes you angry, then it's your attitude that needs adjustment.

I could not agree more Jonnythan! Well said :)
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    I don't see the big deal about this. She's feeling good enough about her post baby body to post pics, good on her. I don't really get the doubters, everyone is different as to how long things take (hell even from birth to birth things can be different). The underwear are hardly skimpy lingerie,you don't have to wear big scary granny knickers if you don't want or need to just because you've had a baby!
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Personally, I say you go Glenn Coco! I know there's all sort of controversy around fitspo images, but quite frankly I think they are what you make them, just as this lovely woman's photo is. I'm naturally competetive so seeing these moms with bombshell bodies makes me poke at mah belly jiggle, wonder what excuse I have, and hit the gym! For me it's motivation. For those who don't see it as such, and I can understand why that may be, it shouldn't mean anything, postive or negative. Those convulsing with visceral reactions are reacting from some personal insecurity, in my humble opinion.

Good thread OP :drinker:

If you have a belly jiggle, than I'm Princess Grace.
  • AbbsyBabbsy
    AbbsyBabbsy Posts: 184 Member
    I don't think it's jealousy as much as it is sheer amazement and disbelief that looking like this at 4 days is even possible. Kate Middleton was trim and fit, didn't gain a ton of weight and looked amazing during her pregnancy. She came out of the hospital looking 5 months pregnant because that's what happens to most women. If you carry small (it helps to be tall), most of the weight will come out with the baby, but you still have split abdominal muscles and an enlarged uterus. It has nothing to do with being lazy or unmotivated. Clearly, there are women who recover much faster than other. It's rare, but I don't think these pics are in any way fake. People are different. Some women gain all over, some only in their stomachs. Some bleed forever, some hardly at all. Until it happens, there's no way to expect how you'll look or feel.

Now, if my husband saw these pictures and expected me to look like that after 4 days, I would want to murder him. But that's not how my husband is, and it's not really this woman's problem in any case.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    I'm just having a hard time figuring out how she felt so great 4 days after birth that she is not rocking the granny panties and fleece PJs. I didn't wear panties like that for weeks after having my kids, and not because of my big butt and thighs, even though they were huge.

I'm impressed, and yes jealous too.

Yeah, I didn't wear panties like that 4 days after giving birth because I was still bleeding profusely.

Exactly! Plus I was constantly breastfeeding and found it hard to go to the loo for 2 mins without my baby screaming, I definitely didn't have time to prance about in my underwear taking selfies!

I'm currently 20 weeks with no. 3. There won't be a similar pic of me next April 4 days after giving birth lol.

That being said, she looks amazing.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    I get angry when I see Dwight Howard photos. I work out, but I'm not 7' tall. Wtf is going on?

Anyhoo, small baby woman looks hot.
  • gertudejekyl
    gertudejekyl Posts: 386 Member
    some people are just sickening-- you wonder how they were raised...
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    7f365ea3-f264-4123-bcde-361212bc8e38_instagram-post-delivery.png

She probably had the Bikini C section procedure ~ hence the 4 days post birthing selfie, and the lapse on her photo feed. She clearly looked a tad 'pained & stressed' in her grey cardigan shot, carrying her newborn Placement point of penetration, can be 6 inches along the top of the mons pubis, which heals and you're left with a 3 inch scar, if that. There are rejuvenating powders applied to stitches and wounds which aids speedier rejuvenation and not healing ~ so no scar. Was my initial summation when I'd spotted the bandwidth of her knickers.

** Friends have undergone this procedure and they were a little slow moving around, but were working from home and sociable to a fault, within that week. One was at an open house for her celebrity client on the Sunday, following the birth of her baby on Monday. Crazy!! They run their own businesses(multi-million $ worth ~ many have a networth of US$400M), so they had to be hands on post birthing. Yep ~ my control freak friends ~ all over 40 years. So yes, the wealthy will pay to recover and bounce back a lot faster than their peers.

ETA: missed letter@and
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member

She probably had the Bikini C section procedure ~ hence the 4 days post birthing selfie, and the lapse on her photo feed. She clearly looked a tad 'pained & stressed' in her grey cardigan shot, carrying her newborn Placement point of penetration, can be 6 inches along the top of the mons pubis, which heals and you're left with a 3 inch scar, if that. There are rejuvenating powders applied to stitches and wounds which aids speedier rejuvenation and not healing ~ so no scar. Was my initial summation when I'd spotted the bandwidth of her knickers.

** Friends have undergone this procedure and they were a little slow moving around, but were working from home and sociable to a fault, within that week. One was at an open house for her celebrity client on the Sunday, following the birth of her baby on Monday. Crazy!! They run their own businesses(multi-million $ worth ~ many have a networth of US$400M), so they had to be hands on post birthing. Yep ~ my control freak friends ~ all over 40 years. So yes, the wealthy will pay to recover an bounce back a lot faster than their peers.

With no bandages and zero swelling 4 days after a C-section? Hm.
  • 777Gemma888

** Friends have undergone this procedure and they were a little slow moving around, but were working from home and sociable to a fault, within that week. One was at an open house for her celebrity client on the Sunday, following the birth of her baby on Monday. Crazy!! They run their own businesses(multi-million $ worth ~ many have a networth of US$400M), so they had to be hands on post birthing. Yep ~ my control freak friends ~ all over 40 years. So yes, the wealthy will pay to recover an bounce back a lot faster than their peers.

With no bandages and zero swelling 4 days after a C-section? Hm.

No bandage ~ a clear white strip over the stitches. The stitches are invisible. The "bandage" is more akin to the strip placed over staples after a laparoscopy. The area does/did look inflamed, you are correct. :)) Mobility and the sunken eyes were the clear telltale signs that a surgical procedure was done ~ yes, but makeup pretty much covers and conceals the bags and sunken eyes..

ETA: It is 2013 ~ the average woman with money has a glam squad, to doll her up at all times.

** This woman also has a 200K following on Instagram ~ she can obtain funding to maintain her lifestyle. That number can fetch her an easy US$10K per week minimum. Hot factor ~ US$200K per week. Might also explain the media hype ~ PR. *shrugs* As some in here would say, "Wait for the product plug" ... :wink:

*** correct "invisible from invincible.:laugh: ... It is MFP
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    No bandage ~ a clear white strip over the stitches. The stitches are invincible. The "bandage" is more akin to the strip placed over staples after a laparoscopy. The area does/did look inflamed, you are correct. :)) Mobility and the sunken eyes were the clear telltale signs that a surgical procedure was done ~ yes, but makeup pretty much covers and conceals the bags and sunken eyes..

ETA: It is 2013 ~ the average woman with money has a glam squad, to doll her up at all times.

I suppose it's possible; I think it's unlikely given how the area looks (no swelling, redness, etc).

The bold part made me laugh ;)
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    No bandage ~ a clear white strip over the stitches. The stitches are invincible. The "bandage" is more akin to the strip placed over staples after a laparoscopy. The area does/did look inflamed, you are correct. :)) Mobility and the sunken eyes were the clear telltale signs that a surgical procedure was done ~ yes, but makeup pretty much covers and conceals the bags and sunken eyes..

I suppose it's possible; I think it's unlikely given how the area looks (no swelling, redness, etc).

I laughed so hard I choked on my tea. Super stitches

'I have wings of steel- your bullets cannot harm me!'
  • 777Gemma888

I laughed so hard I choked on my tea. Super stitches

'I have wings of steel- your bullets cannot harm me!'

That was supposed to be invisible. Tah for the correction to you both. :laugh: