Another Mom under fire for post baby selfie.

Options

Replies

• SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Pretty tacky, and obviously this woman needs confirmation that she's attractive. I'd feel bad if I had just given birth and had to see a photo of that woman who genetics seem to favor, too. She's obviously showing off and wants everyone to tell her how amazing she is.

But she isn't really doing anything wrong. No need to be under fire over it.

Why is showing off tacky? Why is wanting to be told you're awesome or attractive stated as a bad thing? Why in the world would someone who probably didn't look like this woman pre-pregnancy be upset they don't look like her post pregnancy?

I'm so confounded by people.

To clarify, I think it's tacky because it's the "Look at me, look at me, tell me I'm beautiful!" mentality. But that's a pretty common thing on the Internet, especially with bloggers and fitness, so it isn't any tackier than the rest of the web.

If that's how you truly feel...

...I would expect your profile pic to be a blue person.

Hey hey, I've been bitten by the tacky internet fitness bug, too.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    oh my 17 pages? i don't think I should have bumped it, I dont' think I can read all this? its a mess in here right? amirite?
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    No bandage ~ a clear white strip over the stitches. The stitches are invincible. The "bandage" is more akin to the strip placed over staples after a laparoscopy. The area does/did look inflamed, you are correct. :)) Mobility and the sunken eyes were the clear telltale signs that a surgical procedure was done ~ yes, but makeup pretty much covers and conceals the bags and sunken eyes..

ETA: It is 2013 ~ the average woman with money has a glam squad, to doll her up at all times.

I suppose it's possible; I think it's unlikely given how the area looks (no swelling, redness, etc).

The bold part made me laugh ;)

The area in question would be located beneath her knickers. She would have to pull them down for you to see it. :wink: :laugh:

Invincible and invisible are two different things ;)

It's horrifying this needs to be pointed out.

Exactly Mia ~ an error on my part which I had since corrected within the provided allocation period. Pleased that you too felt the compunction to add to the thread highlighting a typo.

Some women prefer to feel invincible post pregnancy because of the pervasive hype(negative) and they will opt for invisible stitches and other availed expensive protocols to ensure that they are not victims to the lashings associated with childbirth. It is a world where the bikini and bodycentric culture pays the bills ~ networking ~ family, philanthropy or business ~ A bikini is a must.

Having been a labor and delivery nurse for a decent amount of time, it's not up to the patient how the wound will be closed. It's up to the surgeon.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    No bandage ~ a clear white strip over the stitches. The stitches are invincible. The "bandage" is more akin to the strip placed over staples after a laparoscopy. The area does/did look inflamed, you are correct. :)) Mobility and the sunken eyes were the clear telltale signs that a surgical procedure was done ~ yes, but makeup pretty much covers and conceals the bags and sunken eyes..

ETA: It is 2013 ~ the average woman with money has a glam squad, to doll her up at all times.

I suppose it's possible; I think it's unlikely given how the area looks (no swelling, redness, etc).

The area in question would be located beneath her knickers. She would have to pull them down for you to see it. :wink: :laugh:

Exactly Mia ~ an error on my part which I had since corrected within the provided allocation period. Pleased that you too felt the compunction to add to the thread highlighting a typo.

Some women prefer to feel invincible post pregnancy because of the pervasive hype(negative) and they will opt for invisible stitches and other availed expensive protocols to ensure that they are not victims to the lashings associated with childbirth. It is a world where the bikini and bodycentric culture pays the bills ~ networking ~ family, philanthropy or business ~ A bikini is a must.

Okay you are just messing with us now...
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    She looks fantastic. The haters are just jealous.

I'm a little jealous too. Of her husband.

Admit it. If your wife had mushy belly after having your kid you would think it was more beautiful than that girls belly because it was your kid. Please answer in the way that fulfills my fantasies, just as her magical post birth photos fulfills those of men.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options

Glad I wasn't the only one who saw it... freaking rich people get invincibility? I didn't care either way at first but with invincibility in the picture, NOW I'm jealous!!!!

The invincible is what happens after the purported stitches are healed(rejuvenated and regenerated). You cannot see that she even had the c-section. There are no scars. In essence, an (invincible) invisible stitch, achieved through some type of layering on/within the wound and above the wound. :smile:

ETA: Some people do not want to be taken down by pregnancy ~ most especially with the fear mongering associated with child birth through V-labour. They have the money ~ they will pay to not be average. Super stitches? Yes, in a manner of speaking through science.

I'm not sure if you know what that word means... :huh:

I do, thank you . :laugh: The c-section area looks as though it was never cut into ~ zero scarring( through the marvels of clever and careful stitching(invisible stitches) + other protocols(focused on regeneration and rejuvenation over healing) and the WOMAN feels invincible post pregnancy.
  • leslturn8
    leslturn8 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Why is it so shameful to look as if you had birthed a child?

I doubt its about being shameful!
    How epic is it to carry a child and look like a model within 4 days!

That is one determined lady who cares about herself and was able to go beyond the call of duty to get there.

Whats shameful is being fat with a pooch and stretch marks and still be fat with stretchmarks and there was no miricle of a child......damn you food!

If and when i have children i will not be proud to show off im a mum pooch. Its called pictures of my children.
    Soooooo many lazy unapreciative people out there that just cant be happy for people who have made something of themselves withhard work and determination.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    This world would be a better place if people would worry less about others and focus on themselves.

Arguably, the world would be a worse place if people worried only about themselves.

The world would be a better place if people fed, clothed, and showered themselves. Especiallly showered. For reals shower people!!!!!
  • JeniferEverx3
    JeniferEverx3 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    The real question is when the h-e-double-hockey-sticks are people just going to learn to mind their own business. If it doesn't affect your life whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
    dooooooooooooooooooo
    yooooooooouuuuuuuuuuu
    caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaare? :grumble:
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options

Okay you are just messing with us now...

On a site geared towards self improvement. :wink: Bikini culture and being bodycentric is how it is for some. Refer to the the new mum@thread purpose ~ she encompasses both(bikiniesque in her lingerie + her svelte form), purportedly 4 days post birthing her newborn.
  • smelius22
    smelius22 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Why is it so shameful to look as if you had birthed a child?

I doubt its about being shameful!
    How epic is it to carry a child and look like a model within 4 days!

That is one determined lady who cares about herself and was able to go beyond the call of duty to get there.

Whats shameful is being fat with a pooch and stretch marks and still be fat with stretchmarks and there was no miricle of a child......damn you food!

If and when i have children i will not be proud to show off im a mum pooch. Its called pictures of my children.
    Soooooo many lazy unapreciative people out there that just cant be happy for people who have made something of themselves withhard work and determination.

agreed
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Again, I'm glad I'm a man...

...so that my healthy skepticism isn't construed as jealousy.

(It's unfortunate that women don't have this same luxury.)

I actually think the discussion about her and what are and are not reasonable expectations for a "normal" pregnancy are potentially beneficial. And I don't remember that much jealousy (and certainly not "rampant jealousy") in the nine pages so far...at least not in a malicious way.

I've been reading backwards to where I left off. I agree with Jof in all of his comments in this thread. In fact I didn't even speculate that it was potentially a few weeks later than she claimed, until Jof first mentioned it.

I never thought the twerking girl that caught on fire was a real mishap either. Does that mean I'm jealous and hating on twerking girls that catch on fire? It's things such as that being the reason I am initially skeptical of most things I see on the internet. I think that's reasonable.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

I actually think the discussion about her and what are and are not reasonable expectations for a "normal" pregnancy are potentially beneficial. And I don't remember that much jealousy (and certainly not "rampant jealousy") in the nine pages so far...at least not in a malicious way.

I've been reading backwards to where I left off. I agree with Jof in all of his comments in this thread. In fact I didn't even speculate that it was potentially a few weeks later than she claimed, until Jof first mentioned it.

I never thought the twerking girl that caught on fire was a real mishap either. Does that mean I'm jealous and hating on twerking girls that catch on fire? It's things such as that being the reason I am initially skeptical of most things I see on the internet. I think that's reasonable.

One is a viral video meant to be funny. Suspecting it's fake is normal. It's performance.

Here you are literally proposing that the woman and her husband, who apparently enjoy some fame overseas, are literally lying to people. Not only are they lying, but they've been planning and engaging in a complicated lie for the better part of a year just to post this one picture.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    The real question is when the h-e-double-hockey-sticks are people just going to learn to mind their own business. If it doesn't affect your life whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
    dooooooooooooooooooo
    yooooooooouuuuuuuuuuu
    caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaare? :grumble:

Please...so I can sleep at night with knowledge that there is hope for humanity...tell me you can see the hypocrisy in your post. Please, I'm begging you...even if it isn't true, just tell me that you see it and we'll all have a good laugh and can move forward.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    The internet hate machine continues. So many people care about something that has **** all to do with them.

Keep making excuses for yourself, that will totally give you the body you want. *rolls eyes*

3vbe5k.jpg

Meanwhile, I'll continue to be getting in the best shape of my life and using things like this as motivation- as it's intended.

Well let me know if your uterus responds well to the pep talk! I like a hard-working uterus, and those lazy ones just make me crazy, yeah.

Lazy uteri with all their transparent excuses *smh* Shrink, dammit! Fast!
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    oh my 17 pages? i don't think I should have bumped it, I dont' think I can read all this? its a mess in here right? amirite?

It is...but not for the reasons you would suspect...or at least not the reasons I suspected when this started.

I think it has more posts calling out nonspecific reactions to the picture...

...than there are actual reactions.

It's like people assumed there would be certain reactions to it...(which I will acknowledge isn't an unreasonable assumption)...so they fired off their ready-made post for those reactions...without checking the thread to see if their responses was warranted. Except for two, maybe three posts, they were not (IMHO).
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

Having been a labor and delivery nurse for a decent amount of time, it's not up to the patient how the wound will be closed. It's up to the surgeon.

You may be confusing a typical hospital setting where that is all 99.44% of us know with the type of setting massive wealth can buy.

For example, I'm pretty sure she doesn't sit in her doctor's waiting room for an hour for her regular appointments...and she probably doesn't have trouble making an appointment that fits her schedule...like you and I would.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

One is a viral video meant to be funny. Suspecting it's fake is normal. It's performance.

Here you are literally proposing that the woman and her husband, who apparently enjoy some fame overseas, are literally lying to people. Not only are they lying, but they've been planning and engaging in a complicated lie for the better part of a year just to post this one picture.

I don't understand why people are taking this so personally. All I saw was the photo right here on mfp, I did not go and look through the blog and don't know her (does someone have a link). I just posted in the thread, a simple question. I didn't make a blog post or go to her facebook page. Calm down. We just questioned it. I didn't run after her and call her a liar. I would never be mean to her. And I agree from what I have read that it's genuine. Ok, I'll take your word for it on this. No one was harmed in the making of this thread.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

I'm also skeptical of internet things. That's why I like to take 2-5 minutes to highlight a name, right click search, and look into things before making a choice one way or the other or calling some woman I don't know a liar. And providing a link to her instagram on the...second page, I believe. Should still be there.

That's just me though, with my skeptical nature and all, researching claims and junk. Less about that, more about societal pressure on women as stated in first year women's studies.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I'm curious about where you people live that "bikinis are required" and it's shameful to look like you've just given birth. :huh: Lets think about real life for a second here, not was is presented by the media.