Another Mom under fire for post baby selfie.

Options

Replies

• JeniferEverx3
    JeniferEverx3 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    The real question is when the h-e-double-hockey-sticks are people just going to learn to mind their own business. If it doesn't affect your life whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
    dooooooooooooooooooo
    yooooooooouuuuuuuuuuu
    caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaare? :grumble:

Please...so I can sleep at night with knowledge that there is hope for humanity...tell me you can see the hypocrisy in your post. Please, I'm begging you...even if it isn't true, just tell me that you see it and we'll all have a good laugh and can move forward.

Nope don't see it. OP asked my thoughts. Those are my thoughts.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    What?

Ok, I already said I didn't look at the thousands of photos.

I never said anything mean.

Sorry I didn't put the research into it. It just wasn't that important to me.

Perhaps I have a misconception that people are being a bit reactive and grumpy.

Maybe people are thinking I said something I didn't.

I'm sorry for upsetting people. There is not much else I can do.

I questioned something. I was wrong, No one was harmed.

My best guess is that people are attributing my comments to you...perhaps because you said you agreed with me...

...so they're jumping your case while I'm over hear waving my arms yelling, "Hey, guys! I'm the one you're after!"

*sigh* MFP

To be clear, I still find her photo...this one photo absent the context of her instagram documentary (which I will *not* be clicking through from work)...unbelievable...but that's because I'm having to reconcile it with my own decades of experience that says that it's not possible. Does that mean it's impossible? No, of course not...it's just "impossible" within my own limited constraints. Geesh, give me a little time to expand my understanding of what is possible.

In the interest of total fairness then, I find you equally if not more wrong. But then I thought we were disregarding you because you're a man. Or was it praising you and disregarding all the other men? IDK.

Something about man bits.

Thank you for acknowledging my wrongness. I feel much better now.

And yes, perhaps you are right, I was being disregarded because I'm a man. Honestly, I don't even know how I ended up in this thread...(I mean, "no uterus, no voice", right?)...and I certainly didn't intend to be the featured protagonist...

...but then all of a sudden, my integrity as a person is being challenged and several people who have always disagreed with everything I have ever said are agreeing with me and human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together...mass hysteria!

I know that feel. I've been nodding along to posts from a green haired barbie doll lately and I'm starting to question who I am as a person. I'm still unsure what to do with the dirty feeling that comes along with it.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I just want to say that thinking someone is possibly a few weeks postpartum, instead of 4 days, is not a humungous harmful thing (I never said she didn't have a baby or anything like that). And I never insulted her as a person. I only followed it with... But, Wow! And with all of your input, I'm like..Oh, Ok, 4 days. I probably shouldn't have really said anything since I just stumbled in here after dancing, and the thread was twice as long as it was at 7 am, before I left for dancing.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    What?

My best guess is that people are attributing my comments to you...perhaps because you said you agreed with me...

...so they're jumping your case while I'm over hear waving my arms yelling, "Hey, guys! I'm the one you're after!"

*sigh* MFP

To be clear, I still find her photo...this one photo absent the context of her instagram documentary (which I will *not* be clicking through from work)...unbelievable...but that's because I'm having to reconcile it with my own decades of experience that says that it's not possible. Does that mean it's impossible? No, of course not...it's just "impossible" within my own limited constraints. Geesh, give me a little time to expand my understanding of what is possible.

In the interest of total fairness then, I find you equally if not more wrong. But then I thought we were disregarding you because you're a man. Or was it praising you and disregarding all the other men? IDK.

Edit: I also don't think anyone was upset, though I admit I may have been a bit annoyed that I provided a link that even a brief peak at would show the woman in question: In her pajamas, which seems to be mandatory. With the baby and other people in Christmas themed settings. Looking tired and worn, again mandatory. A look further back would show the last two years but I don't expect everyone to put in that kind of work. (I'm now following her, but I follow at least a dozen women who have similar post baby bodies.)

And yes, perhaps you are right, I was being disregarded because I'm a man. Honestly, I don't even know how I ended up in this thread...(I mean, "no uterus, no voice", right?)...and I certainly didn't intend to be the featured protagonist...

...but then all of a sudden, my integrity as a person is being challenged and several people who have always disagreed with everything I have ever said are agreeing with me and human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together...mass hysteria!

ETA: my "conspiracy theory" was that this was an old, pre-pregnancy picture. I'm not saying it is! But if someone *were* perpetuating a fraud, this seems like a reasonably simple way to do it. Obviously, if her instagram is full of other similar photos, then it certainly makes this far less likely.

I personally appreciate your presence in this thread. As most other men simply did the "wow, hot" and then exited. which is sad really because men are more complex than that and you have shown that. regarding the validity of the photo, clearly she should next time hold a newspaper up while photographing. just a suggestion. if anyone has FB poke her or like her or whatever to this effect. fast before she gets pregnant again so it may all be documented verifiably from the get go. she may get pregnant any day now if the men's reactions in this thread are any indication. (I hope her vagina is not still raw on the inside tho? ouch, i feel like even if I bounced back that great 4 days later episiotomies or stretchings soreness or rawness would have me hiding myself anyways.)
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    I just want to say that thinking someone is possibly a few weeks postpartum, instead of 4 days, is not a humungous harmful thing (I never said she didn't have a baby or anything like that). And I never insulted her as a person. I only followed it with... But, Wow! And with all of your input, I'm like..Oh, Ok, 4 days. I probably shouldn't have really said anything since I just stumbled in here after dancing, and the thread was twice as long as it was at 7 am, before I left for dancing.

that's how I feel IRL has gotten in the way of this thread, but I still feel like I can have an opinion just because I breathe and have a vagina, so...yeah.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    What?

*sigh* MFP

I know that feel. I've been nodding along to posts from a green haired barbie doll lately and I'm starting to question who I am as a person. I'm still unsure what to do with the dirty feeling that comes along with it.

that would make you...blue haired skipper. duh!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    The real question is when the h-e-double-hockey-sticks are people just going to learn to mind their own business. If it doesn't affect your life whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
    dooooooooooooooooooo
    yooooooooouuuuuuuuuuu

Please...so I can sleep at night with knowledge that there is hope for humanity...tell me you can see the hypocrisy in your post. Please, I'm begging you...even if it isn't true, just tell me that you see it and we'll all have a good laugh and can move forward.

Your post asks when people are going to learn to mind their own business if it doesn't affect their lives. Your post about other people expressing their thoughts on a photo (that presumably don't affect your life) asking when *they* are going to learn to mind their own business if it doesn't affect their lives.

TL;DR - You just did the very thing you decried in your post.

I'm not saying you didn't have a "right" to make your post...I'm just saying that your post is hypocritical.

Fine...you don't see it...but I will take some solace in the assumption that others do...

(...but that may be a bold assumption given that I'm the villain of this thread.)
  • Achrya
    Options
    What?

*sigh* MFP

that would make you...blue haired skipper. duh!

I would never go blue. Pink, red, purple even...but blue? Tacky.

I think I have the definition of tacky correct, right? It includes things I would never do?
  • Phildog47
    Phildog47 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Not proud of the anorexia, way too thin
  • Timeforme714
    Timeforme714 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    This is not something to be jealous of, it is not as if a woman 4 days postpartum is allowed to diet or exercise. I didn't care what I looked like for about a month, I was more concerned about the ability to climb stairs to my bedroom.

The only issue that I have with this trend is that women are being shamed into trying to make their bodies look as if they had never had a child. That is so sad to me. I am proud of being able to do an amazing thing with my body. I do exercise and diet- but I never am ashamed of stretch-marks, or a little pouch up front, or the fact that my hips have gotten a tad wider.

Why is it so shameful to look as if you had birthed a child?

Exactly this!! I think a woman should embrace the changes in her body due to carrying her baby.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Huh?

*sigh*

This is why we can't have nice things.
  • garbagedog
    Options
    The only issue that I have with this trend is that women are being shamed into trying to make their bodies look as if they had never had a child. That is so sad to me. I am proud of being able to do an amazing thing with my body. I do exercise and diet- but I never am ashamed of stretch-marks, or a little pouch up front, or the fact that my hips have gotten a tad wider.

Why is it so shameful to look as if you had birthed a child?

Agreed. Every time I look at my stretch marks, all I see is an incredible body that conceived and carried two beautiful children. I am so happy to have shared my body with them, to have given them life through it.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    in on page 19!!

will not be reading back because then I can't make broad generalizations that have already been debunked and because I also imagine there's some graphic birth and post-birth stories. ew.
  • JeniferEverx3
    JeniferEverx3 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    dooooooooooooooooooo
    yooooooooouuuuuuuuuuu

Your post asks when people are going to learn to mind their own business if it doesn't affect their lives. Your post about other people expressing their thoughts on a photo (that presumably don't affect your life) asking when *they* are going to learn to mind their own business if it doesn't affect their lives.

TL;DR - You just did the very thing you decried in your post.

I'm not saying you didn't have a "right" to make your post...I'm just saying that your post is hypocritical.

Fine...you don't see it...but I will take some solace in the assumption that others do...

(...but that may be a bold assumption given that I'm the villain of this thread.)

Ok, sure if you want to get overly technical about it, I guess there's some hypocrasy in the statement, but then again since your original response to me mentioned "hope for humanity" maybe it is my business and my duty as a human being to point out that what a woman looks like regardless of any circumstances has nothing to do with complete strangers - and that is directed at the people who complain, judge or criticize it. So she had a baby... none of my business. So she apparently has a kick-*kitten* body 4 days later, also none of my business. None of my business = I really don't care. People putting their 2 cents in where it doesn't belong = I care. Why? Because it's kind of my business when I have to live in a world full of people who concern themselves with things they shouldn't be concerned with. Just my opinion.

Also, I don't think you're a villain - I read a few of your posts and I agreed with those that I read :drinker:
  • Achrya
    Options

Hah.

You're funny.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Could someone go and post back here the picture of her at 36 weeks. She doesn't look 8 months pregnant. That should hold us for another 19 pages.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    If the goal of a strict diet is to gain the bare minimum of weight during pregnancy, no, that's not really healthy. That being said, there are women who have gained less because they either couldn't eat or their bodies didn't need it. That's fine. But it shouldn't be a goal.

why?

Because the goal of pregnancy is a healthy baby.

Forget about the mom, right? Because having 2 simultaneous goals is unheard of. Yes, that's sarcasm.

If you're deciding to carry a baby to term, yeah, you are making a life choice that isn't necessarily going to put your wishes in front of your baby's needs at all times. Giving your body the room to do what it needs to do during pregnancy and lactation takes maybe 16 months or so out of your life. It's not that big a deal, at least on the scale of what it will take to deal with your baby ****ting her car seat just before you go in the grocery store after being up all night.
  • Achrya
    Options
    Could someone go and post back here the picture of her at 36 weeks. She doesn't look 8 months pregnant. That should hold us for another 19 pages.

I'm here for you.
  • ZombieGeezUs
    Options

Not sure if srs
  • Briargrey
    Briargrey Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    What ever voodoo she did for that body...,I want in

LOL me too!

Ditto! Celebrate others' genetics - don't lambast. I just don't get the outrage - she's not all 'you people all suck you effing fatties' - she is rightly proud of a body she works hard for and probably has some damned good genes helping her maintian. Good for her. She looks healthy and happy, and isn't that what we all should strive for?!