Another Mom under fire for post baby selfie.

Options

Replies

• vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    No bandage ~ a clear white strip over the stitches. The stitches are invincible. The "bandage" is more akin to the strip placed over staples after a laparoscopy. The area does/did look inflamed, you are correct. :)) Mobility and the sunken eyes were the clear telltale signs that a surgical procedure was done ~ yes, but makeup pretty much covers and conceals the bags and sunken eyes..

ETA: It is 2013 ~ the average woman with money has a glam squad, to doll her up at all times.

I suppose it's possible; I think it's unlikely given how the area looks (no swelling, redness, etc).

The bold part made me laugh ;)

Glad I wasn't the only one who saw it... freaking rich people get invincibility? I didn't care either way at first but with invincibility in the picture, NOW I'm jealous!!!!
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    No bandage ~ a clear white strip over the stitches. The stitches are invincible. The "bandage" is more akin to the strip placed over staples after a laparoscopy. The area does/did look inflamed, you are correct. :)) Mobility and the sunken eyes were the clear telltale signs that a surgical procedure was done ~ yes, but makeup pretty much covers and conceals the bags and sunken eyes..

ETA: It is 2013 ~ the average woman with money has a glam squad, to doll her up at all times.

I suppose it's possible; I think it's unlikely given how the area looks (no swelling, redness, etc).

The area in question would be located beneath her knickers. She would have to pull them down for you to see it. :wink: :laugh:
  • 777Gemma888
    Options

Glad I wasn't the only one who saw it... freaking rich people get invincibility? I didn't care either way at first but with invincibility in the picture, NOW I'm jealous!!!!

The invincible is what happens after the purported stitches are healed(rejuvenated and regenerated). You cannot see that she even had the c-section. There are no scars. In essence, an (invincible) invisible stitch, achieved through some type of layering on/within the wound and above the wound. :smile:

ETA: Some people do not want to be taken down by pregnancy ~ most especially with the fear mongering associated with child birth through V-labour. They have the money ~ they will pay to not be average. Super stitches? Yes, in a manner of speaking through science.
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Four days? I call BS. I want to see a newspaper with the date and the baby's birth announcement or birth certificate in that photo.
    No way in hell. Or else she had a 2-pound baby and didn't build up any fluid during the pregnancy.
    I'm not a women, but I think I'd be more concerned about the nutrition and health of the child I was carrying than how my body looks after I popped it out... But maybe she's just that damn good at balancing her diet and exercising and maintaining the health of the unborn child. Just maybe...

It's not unheard of. I gained 28 pounds. The baby was 7 lbs, 7 oz, 21 1/2 inches long. She scored 5's on her APGARS and is in perfect health. And I looked like this at 4 days postpartum:

20131019_092511_zpse30d49d2.jpg

And notice what the woman in that second picture is wearing compared to what the woman in the OP is wearing.

I was wearing my pajamas in that pic because I had just woken up...but I wore skinny jeans home from the hospital. Size 2. lol My point is just that it's not impossible to believe that a woman who is very fit and takes care of herself during pregnancy can bounce back right after birth. Despite the weight I gained and the size of the baby I carried, no one at work even knew I was pregnant because I carried small.

Um, you do realize that an Apgar score of 5 is considered fairly low. (it's out of 10)
    But truly glad she is in perfect health now (no sarcasm)

lol Good catch! My bad. That should have said she scored 9s.
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options

The invincible is what happens after the purported stitches are healed(rejuvenated). You cannot see that she even had the c-section. There are no scars. In essence, an (invincible) invisible stitch, achieved through some type of layering on/within the wound and above the wound. :smile:

ETA: Some people do not want to be taken down by pregnancy ~ most especially with the fear mongering associated with child birth through V-labour. They have the money ~ they will pay to not be average. Super stitches? Yes, in a manner of speaking through science.

Completely agree. And if its not an emergency operation, surgeons have the luxury of being able to take their time and be super neat in their work.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    I THINK THE WOMAN IN THAT PICTURE PHOTO JUST HATES MOTHERS AND WOMEN.
  • Marcia315
    Marcia315 Posts: 460 Member
    Options

Since its in caps and on the Internet, it must be true.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

The area in question would be located beneath her knickers. She would have to pull them down for you to see it. :wink: :laugh:

Invincible and invisible are two different things ;)
  • LuLuChick78
    LuLuChick78 Posts: 439 Member
    Options

I had to look twice...then saw the poster and just laughed. Almost had me hook, line and sinker!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    And notice what the woman in that second picture is wearing compared to what the woman in the OP is wearing.
    I don't get your point.

Anyway, not here to argue, just wanted to point the post out to you in case you hadn't seen it.

My point is there is more to postpartum than a belly that's big or not big. Do you know what happens in the vaginal area after having a baby?
    I can't see hers, or the woman in the OP's vagina.

So I still don't get your point.

Based on what I can see, the results in both cases were pretty similar. Which means it can happen, even if it didn't happen to you.

Don't seek out things to be upset about. It's silly.

Who says I'm upset?
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

It's horrifying this needs to be pointed out.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Pretty tacky, and obviously this woman needs confirmation that she's attractive. I'd feel bad if I had just given birth and had to see a photo of that woman who genetics seem to favor, too. She's obviously showing off and wants everyone to tell her how amazing she is.

But she isn't really doing anything wrong. No need to be under fire over it.

Why is showing off tacky? Why is wanting to be told you're awesome or attractive stated as a bad thing? Why in the world would someone who probably didn't look like this woman pre-pregnancy be upset they don't look like her post pregnancy?

I'm so confounded by people.

To clarify, I think it's tacky because it's the "Look at me, look at me, tell me I'm beautiful!" mentality. But that's a pretty common thing on the Internet, especially with bloggers and fitness, so it isn't any tackier than the rest of the web.
  • 777Gemma888
    Options

Answered and corrected, thank you Jonnythan. Still, you are not one who is privy to her knickers, so you will not be determining her swelling.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Pretty tacky, and obviously this woman needs confirmation that she's attractive. I'd feel bad if I had just given birth and had to see a photo of that woman who genetics seem to favor, too. She's obviously showing off and wants everyone to tell her how amazing she is.

Why is showing off tacky? Why is wanting to be told you're awesome or attractive stated as a bad thing? Why in the world would someone who probably didn't look like this woman pre-pregnancy be upset they don't look like her post pregnancy?

To clarify, I think it's tacky because it's the "Look at me, look at me, tell me I'm beautiful!" mentality. But that's a pretty common thing on the Internet, especially with bloggers and fitness, so it isn't any tackier than the rest of the web.

If that's how you truly feel...

...I would expect your profile pic to be a blue person.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

They're gray now...duh
  • vtmoon
    Options

Get the eff out of here with your logic!

Do as I say not as I do, is the accepted theme is seems.
  • 777Gemma888
    Options

It's horrifying this needs to be pointed out.

Exactly Mia ~ an error on my part which I had since corrected within the provided allocation period. Pleased that you too felt the compunction to add to the thread highlighting a typo.

Some women prefer to feel invincible post pregnancy because of the pervasive hype(negative) and they will opt for invisible stitches and other availed expensive protocols to ensure that they are not victims to the lashings associated with childbirth. It is a world where the bikini and bodycentric culture pays the bills ~ networking ~ family, philanthropy or business ~ A bikini is a must.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options

I had to look twice...then saw the poster and just laughed. Almost had me hook, line and sinker!

:drinker:
  • smelius22
    smelius22 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I think she looks awesome! People these days are so worried about people "fat-shaming" that they don't realize fit and healthy people (or people who are just blessed genetically) are also getting "skinny-shamed."
  • vtmoon
    Options

The invincible is what happens after the purported stitches are healed(rejuvenated and regenerated). You cannot see that she even had the c-section. There are no scars. In essence, an (invincible) invisible stitch, achieved through some type of layering on/within the wound and above the wound. :smile:

I'm not sure if you know what that word means... :huh: