New Wonder Woman

Options

Replies

• dirty_dirty_eater
    dirty_dirty_eater Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Guys... bodies can change. I can see it in the face, and she must have done something to win it in the casting room.

These ARE the people who can afford to spend their entire time devoted to getting a body for a role.

I just learned today that lifting anything more than 3 lbs will make a woman bulky (true fact), so I guess she could do a couple of sets of bench and squats and be bulked up in no time.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    not my first choice but I don't really care, DC sucks anyway.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    She is probably going to be put on a workout routine/right diet to get that look. Just like every man is, when playing a superhero.
    She's pretty.
  • ObstacleRacer
    Options
    Guys... bodies can change. I can see it in the face, and she must have done something to win it in the casting room.

These ARE the people who can afford to spend their entire time devoted to getting a body for a role.

I'm being a smidge judgemental here but I just don't know if she'll be able to bulk up for the role. To gain muscle she'd also need to gain some fat. And that's not something that young, Hollywood actresses are known for, the opposite really.

gal-gadot_l6_zps2b52bd29.jpg

I think that if this woman found an extra 5lbs of fat on her body she'd freak the F out.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Well, seeing as she probably can't even fit into the costume properly, all that lifting of the briefs back up from her ankles and turning the bodice back around to the front should at least get the guys into the theatre.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Based on the casting alone, this movie is not worth anyone's time.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

I'm being a smidge judgemental here but I just don't know if she'll be able to bulk up for the role. To gain muscle she'd also need to gain some fat. And that's not something that young, Hollywood actresses are known for, the opposite really.

gal-gadot_l6_zps2b52bd29.jpg

I think that if this woman found an extra 5lbs of fat on her body she'd freak the F out.

Yes, for roles, they do all the time...? If it's hoping for a blockbuster or an award, actors AND actresses will slim down to a BMI of 15 or ~bulk up~.

They're going to get trainers, they're probably going to pump her with protein, and she'll be eating at a surplus and lifting weighs from here until/during filming. Then she'll probably instantly cut, spending just as much time on her diet/cardio. Until a possible sequel...
  • BranMuffin86
    BranMuffin86 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    She definitely has the face, but Woman Woman is wonderful in all the right place. This girl is lacking in some areas, but I'm not too surprised Ben Affleck for Batman ... hmmmmmm.
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    She's pretty, but I just don't see it. I think she would be a better fit for like Harley Quinn
  • KaylaBushman
    Options
    her face and hair is spot on, but the rest can be accomplished, like others have said, through diet and exercise. I am cautiously optimistic on all fronts, batman, wonder woman etc.
  • She_Hulk
    She_Hulk Posts: 277
    Options
    Are we really all that shocked here? I mean, come on...they chose Ben Affleck to play Batman

^^^THIS^^^ So this!!!! DC/Warner Bros cannot cast worth a da#$!!!! When will they ever get it right? **sigh**
  • SkinnyFatAlbert
    SkinnyFatAlbert Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Wonder-bra Woman
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Interesting choice... Obviously she will fall short on the expectations many of the lifters on here would like to see out of wonderwoman. She hits pretty close to where I would expect Hollywood to have ended up.
  • Lindsay_1984
    Lindsay_1984 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Well, that's disappointing.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Skeletons with MAC makeup must be the in thing now. Whatever.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    They better get someone with a full figure.....
    No stick women..... sheesh.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Are we really all that shocked here? I mean, come on...they chose Ben Affleck to play Batman

^^^THIS^^^ So this!!!! DC/Warner Bros cannot cast worth a da#$!!!! When will they ever get it right? **sigh**

agreed

Whoever is doing this, should be fired.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Maybe (just maybe) she'll have to actually bulk up and she'll love how healthy and strong she gets with the right diet and lifting routine and all the young girls will have a new and better Hollywood role model...

We are talking comic book fantasy here, right???
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    a lot of these comments make me sad
  • ZombieGeezUs
    Options
    DC is really dropping the ball. Well, not DC, but Hollywood. I am sure she will put in some mass for the role. Didn't Taylor lautner or whatever his name is have to put on a lot of muscle in a very small window?