New Wonder Woman

Options

Replies

• iamanadult
    iamanadult Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Guys... bodies can change. I can see it in the face, and she must have done something to win it in the casting room.

These ARE the people who can afford to spend their entire time devoted to getting a body for a role.

I'm being a smidge judgemental here but I just don't know if she'll be able to bulk up for the role. To gain muscle she'd also need to gain some fat. And that's not something that young, Hollywood actresses are known for, the opposite really.

gal-gadot_l6_zps2b52bd29.jpg

I think that if this woman found an extra 5lbs of fat on her body she'd freak the F out.

Yes, for roles, they do all the time...? If it's hoping for a blockbuster or an award, actors AND actresses will slim down to a BMI of 15 or ~bulk up~.

They're going to get trainers, they're probably going to pump her with protein, and she'll be eating at a surplus and lifting weighs from here until/during filming. Then she'll probably instantly cut, spending just as much time on her diet/cardio. Until a possible sequel...

Where does it say that? I hope you're right. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't change a thing.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    Skeletons with MAC makeup must be the in thing now. Whatever.

whoa there
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    She is probably going to be put on a workout routine/right diet to get that look. Just like every man is, when playing a superhero.
    She's pretty.

I don't think she has the bone structure to bulk up all that much. She is very small framed and small framed people tend not to be able to bulk up easily (even small framed men, generally speaking) plus she's tall so what muscle she gains isn't going to show up much. She seems to be naturally very thin and small framed, she looks healthy, but really that's not the right body type for wonder woman. Should be someone who's tall and medium to large framed with visible muscle definition.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    DC is really dropping the ball. Well, not DC, but Hollywood. I am sure she will put in some mass for the role. Didn't Taylor lautner or whatever his name is have to put on a lot of muscle in a very small window?

I believe he did...and it is true that actors/actresses do this frequently for roles. I mean, look at Christian Bale. Doesn't he hold the record for most weight lost/gained for a role (The Machinist) and then for his next role put the weight & muscle back on to play Batman?
  • LePetitCochon
    Options
    Gina. It better be Gina I swear to poop.

gina-carano.gif

Gina would be a better cast...seriously. This is MALARKEY!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Have we ever seen a woman like that put on muscle for a roll? Men gain muscle a LOT easier folks.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Gina. It better be Gina I swear to poop.

gina-carano.gif

Gina would be a better cast...seriously. This is MALARKEY!

She definitely looks the part...but like someone else said, her acting abilities are somewhat lacking...
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    She wont gain it - they will CGI it on her if we complain loud enough. What a shame...and yet another terrible message to send to little girls. Anorexic chic = wonderwoman
  • ZombieGeezUs
    Options

Wow, I bet you are lovely to be around
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    DC is really dropping the ball. Well, not DC, but Hollywood. I am sure she will put in some mass for the role. Didn't Taylor lautner or whatever his name is have to put on a lot of muscle in a very small window?

I believe he did...and it is true that actors/actresses do this frequently for roles. I mean, look at Christian Bale. Doesn't he hold the record for most weight lost/gained for a role (The Machinist) and then for his next role put the weight & muscle back on to play Batman?

They can make it look good. She needs some definition. And there are tricks to make someone look bigger/stronger on screen.
  • EDollah
    EDollah Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Bale and Cavill had to hit the weights hard, I'm sure she has some intense gym sessions in her near future.
  • ZombieGeezUs
    Options
    Have we ever seen a woman like that put on muscle for a roll? Men gain muscle a LOT easier folks.

Yeah, but she isn't playing she-hulk. She should be able to put on enough to play wonder woman by the time they shoot her more revealing scenes. Saw charlize theron gain a lot of mass for "monster". Granted, it wasn't muscle
  • ObstacleRacer
    Options

Only women I can think of who gained weight for a role are Charlize Theron and Renee Zellwegger. And neither gained muscle, just mass.

I can't imagine that they hired this woman because they want her to look any different than she does now. If they wanted someone who looked different they'd have cast someone like that. She isn't known for her acting ability. Her only other credit is the Fast and Furious movies, where she played someone's girlfriend.

I think she's a poor choice for the role. She doesn't have the "strong, powerful" female look that Wonder Woman is known for, she's the opposite of that, physically speaking.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

Yeah, but she isn't playing she-hulk. She should be able to put on enough to play wonder woman by the time they shoot her more revealing scenes. Saw charlize theron gain a lot of mass for "monster". Granted, it wasn't muscle

her and what's her name for Bridget Jones- Renee Z. She put on quiet a bit of weight if I remember correctly.

It happens- it's just REALLY rare.

I'm a huge meh. I don't find her figure attractive at all- so to me it seems like you would have picked a much better base to work off of- even Lena Hedley looked like something you wouldn't want to tangle with in the 300- she wasn't a Spartan- but she has substance- plus she's just wicked.

lots of other actresses who would have been a better fit. I'm not impressed- I also hate Ben AwF*ck. So I'm probably not going to waste money to see it... thankfully he doesn't do a lot of talking- so that's a big win.
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I'm really worried about what the heck they are trying to pull off here. It's sad, because I *adored* Man of Steel (but I'm also a Henry Cavill fan from way back - as well as Zack Snyder), but the casting director needs to be fired at this point. That said - I'm willing to give her a chance - as there is a LOT they can/do do with CGI and Photoshop. Not to mention that she may well be able to do some serious training to get the Wonder Woman look. It's not like they aren't going to put her in a 16" corset anyways!
  • iamanadult
    iamanadult Posts: 709 Member
    Options

It's obvious that you're bitter about your own body. I mean, really obvious. I'm sure you'd deny that though.

I will give you some advice. "Fake it until you make it" (in regards to self confidence) and that comment you made isn't fooling anyone.

I'm 100% serious.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    She wont gain it - they will CGI it on her if we complain loud enough. What a shame...and yet another terrible message to send to little girls. Anorexic chic = wonderwoman

calling women "anorexic" based on their appearance is also a terrible message to send to little girls.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

I shall answer my own question thanks to google.

Jessica Beil - Blade Trinity
    jessica-biel-pose-in-blade.jpg

Demi Moore - G.I. Jane
    Demi-Moore-GI-Jane-workout-226x300.gif

Hillary Swank - Million Dollar Baby
    milliondollar_wideweb__430x301.jpg

But I don't think any of them started that thin.
  • ZombieGeezUs
    Options

What if she does gain it? Then what would the message be? "Hey, you aren't good enough as you are"? You are just looking for something to complain about.