New Wonder Woman

Options

Replies

• JamericanBoy
    JamericanBoy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    not my first choice but I don't really care, DC sucks anyway.

^^^^ That!
  • latenitelucy
    latenitelucy Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Pretty girl, but how anyone ever looked at her and thought "Amazonian" is beyond me.

exactly!!
  • molonlabe762
    molonlabe762 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    bump
  • T_Roc
    T_Roc Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Linda Carter was an awful Wonder Woman too.

Yeah I said it.

I agree.

It was a different time then, she fit the role
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    She wont gain it - they will CGI it on her if we complain loud enough. What a shame...and yet another terrible message to send to little girls. Anorexic chic = wonderwoman

calling women "anorexic" based on their appearance is also a terrible message to send to little girls.
    You are right- I am sure she is in the healthy body fat range.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    gal09.jpg

lynda-carter-bikini-pics.jpg

Yeah I said it.

:drinker:
    XDZn4Mi.gif
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    The only way I would know to make a healthy crescent roll would be to fill it with fresh fruit or veggies. Good luck!

/end thread

Thanks, I really needed this. :laugh:
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    I really don't think it matters as long as she can act the part well.

Wolverine is 5ft3 in the comics.

Hugh Jackman is 6ft2 and makes a very successful Wolverine.

That's true, but it doesn't result in a major change in the character. It's just that Wolverine in the movies isn't short like he is in the comics. He's still a bad *kitten*, still fits the character. Hugh Jackman owns that role.

Now imagine the woman in page 1 punching someone. As Wonder Woman she's going to have to punch a lot of people. She has to hit Superman in the face and make us believe it hurts him. I'm sorry but no amount of suspension of disbelief is going to make me believe that that actress can physically harm anyone. She looks like a stiff wind would blow her over.

Actually, I would say Wolverine's height has a big affect on his character and is a large part of the humour within the comics.

And plenty of people believe Summer Glau can kick everyone's butt with her eyes closed. I still say it comes down to acting ability.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options

Actually, I would say Wolverine's height has a big affect on his character and is a large part of the humour within the comics.

And plenty of people believe Summer Glau can kick everyone's butt with her eyes closed. I still say it comes down to acting ability.

I did not think Heath Ledger was going to be good as the Joker but was pleasantly surprised.

I still remain skeptical with this choice for an Amazonizn princess warrior and DC does not have a good track record.
  • dirty_dirty_eater
    dirty_dirty_eater Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    My suggestion is this lovely young woman.

32813929_3769.jpg

Jessica Altman Carter...Linda's daughter.
  • ObstacleRacer
    Options
    I didn't see it. I'd given up on DC in general a bit before that.

I've got a whole rant about the folly of Superman as a big budget flashy superhero movie and how peple always forget/gloss over that which makes Superman *Superman* (Which is that he is Clark Kent first, and Superman out of necessity and nothing more vs Batman who is Batman first and Bruce Wayne out of necessity) but that would end up as an angry novella that no one wants to read.

*timidly raises hand* um...I would?

I agree that it changes the character, but not in a fundamental way. Yes there are no short jokes, no calling him "runt", but everything that makes him "Wolverine" is still there. Wonder Woman without muscle...well that changes a lot about the character. A woman that slender just doesn't fit the bill as an imposing, dominant woman. And if you take that away from Wonder Woman you've changed a whole lot about who she is.

Also River Tam can kill you with her brain so I suggest you watch your mouth. :wink:
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Hmm... They tried re-making the TV show, but with Adrianne Palicki. That would have worked, IMO. 5'11" - so maybe not a "true" Amazonian, but tall enough to get away with it, IMO.

Wonder_Woman_Adrianne_Palicki.jpg
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

Yeah I said it.

Seconded.

Btw, when you say DC movies suck... you didn't like Man of Steel? I don't see what so many people didn't like about it-- what's his name made a great Superman.

I didn't like it. There was in no way that movie awesome great or anything- it was very MEH.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Maybe should petition for Jo to be Wonder Woman.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    My suggestion is this lovely young woman.

32813929_3769.jpg

Jessica Altman Carter...Linda's daughter.

Why? If she is the same size as Lynda, she is the same size as Gal.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Maybe should petition for Jo to be Wonder Woman.

My hair isn't fabulous enough!!!

Although my butt is ;) maybe that's acceptable trade off!!
  • HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Gina. It better be Gina I swear to poop.

gina-carano.gif

She has the perfect look for the role. And she can make me tap out ANYTIME. But she can't really act her way out of a box.

Because the movie needs to be Oscar-worthy. Right. :huh:
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    She wont gain it - they will CGI it on her if we complain loud enough. What a shame...and yet another terrible message to send to little girls. Anorexic chic = wonderwoman

calling women "anorexic" based on their appearance is also a terrible message to send to little girls.
    You are right- I am sure she is in the healthy body fat range.

calling someone with a low body fat % anorexic is extremely misinformed. I am assuming you meant BMI. it's still incredibly ignorant and judgmental.
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    If I got paid a ton of money and my career depended on my body, I would be able to bulk and cut like nobody's business.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    Bump!