New Wonder Woman

Options
1234568»

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    All the Ben Affleck haters are harping on his acting--I'm sure it's not less important for the female lead to be able to act.

Don't think I wasn't sad about it either, I love Gina and subjected all my friends to Haywire. . .on my birthday. Oh dear, what a disappointment. And it's not like that movie was Oscar bait either, but she was still the worst thing in it.
    [/quote]

with him acting- she could be terrible- and he'll still make her look GREAT.

I heard her movie was like Barb Wire- it was so awful it was comically funny. I love movies like that- so I would have been all about it. I have no shame Bit*h Slap? LOVED IT... I LOVE awful movies- I would have absolutely been okay with it. I need to see this Haywire movie. :D
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Maybe should petition for Jo to be Wonder Woman.

My hair isn't fabulous enough!!!

Although my butt is ;) maybe that's acceptable trade off!!

Works for me. But to be sure, I'd need to see some more photo/video evidence. :bigsmile:
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    My husband agrees with you. When I think Wonder Woman, I think a woman who is strong and beautiful. I think chiseled arms and a sexy waistline, with some strong thighs and glutes that can bounce a bullet off them. I guess Hollywood disagrees.....pity.
  • MrsBobaFett
    MrsBobaFett Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    DC... Meh..
  • dirty_dirty_eater
    dirty_dirty_eater Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    "Brick House" by the Commodores came up in my car rotation yesterday. It occurs to me that they have already defined the requirements for this part.

She knows she got everything
    That a woman needs to get a man
    Yeah, yeah
    How can she lose with the stuff she use
    36-24-36, oh what a winning hand

Aw she's a brick house
    Yeah
    She's the one
    The only one
    Built like an amazon

So, the Commodores define an Amazon as 36-24-36. Who are we to argue?

Hey DC, you're welcome.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    "Brick House" by the Commodores came up in my car rotation yesterday. It occurs to me that they have already defined the requirements for this part.

She knows she got everything
    That a woman needs to get a man
    Yeah, yeah
    How can she lose with the stuff she use
    36-24-36, oh what a winning hand

Aw she's a brick house
    Yeah
    She's the one
    The only one
    Built like an amazon

So, the Commodores define an Amazon as 36-24-36. Who are we to argue?

Hey DC, you're welcome.

And she is 34 - 24 - 36.....nothing a wonderbra can't fix.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    And she is 34 - 24 - 36.....nothing a wonderbra can't fix.
    I'm not here to body shame her (I'm actually really opposed to that, so nothing here is normative) but there's no way she's 34-24-36.

I've seen the following estimates on random websites based on different webpages: 34-24-34, 33-23-33, 33-24-34, 32-24-34, 32-23-33. . .you can see there is a range, but a decently narrow one. Keep in mind she's also 5'9", so that frame will look different than the same measurements on a 5'3" woman.

she could be a 34 A.

but I agree- no way she's 36 down low. That's gotta be a wonderbutt thing going on there.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    not my first choice but I don't really care, DC sucks anyway.

Amen. Marry me!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    You called?
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Wonder Woman?! I wonder... how many sammiches she's gonna need to get to look like Wonder Woman! :laugh:
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I guess I was picturing more of a Xena, Warrior Princess type for Wonder Woman than a 'Natalie Portman in Black Swan' look-a-like.

2.jpg

But I shall withhold judgment until the movie comes out.

p.s. Ben Affleck doesn't bother me as Batman. At least there's an actual American actor playing an iconic American superhero for once. :laugh:

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I laughed when I saw her. She looks frail, not at all what Wonder Woman should be.
  • mayaocean
    mayaocean Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Scarlet Johansson should have gotten the role

Scarlett%20Johansson%20set%20picture%20Black%20Widow%20Avengers.jpg
    scarlett_johansson_05.jpg
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    She served in the Israeli Army, rides a Ducati, and does her own stunts. Sounds pretty tough to me.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    In my personal opinion the only actress I can think of off the top of my head who has both the acting skills and the look (or the genetics needed to attain the look with the proper investment of time in the gym) is Rhona Mitra.

rhona-mitra-wonder-woman-halloween-costume-celebrities-in-costume.jpg

Imagine if she spent more time in the gym and had a costume supplied by an actual Hollywood wardrobe debt. That's the look, right there.
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    the wonder women character is voluptuous and self confident not sure this actress represents this well being under weight.
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Lynda Carter was not a huge woman. I read that her WW wardrobe was built to 37.5C-25-35 measurements. Yes, a broad chest, but nothing special about her waist or hip measurements. Heck, I've got bigger hips!
  • emtbabe326
    Options
    tumblr_inline_mntympf1F41qz4rgp.gif

THIS!!!