New Wonder Woman

Options

Replies

• Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    I don't think Wonder Woman has to look muscle-ish and she-hulky. Linda Carter played a good WW! I just think that WW should look like she could take on a chihuahua and win. WW is supposed to able to go toe-to-toe with Superman. She's just not physically believable. My 5 year old would totally kick her *kitten*.
    I am really curious now if she will put on weight for the role.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    I really don't think it matters as long as she can act the part well.

Wolverine is 5ft3 in the comics.

Hugh Jackman is 6ft2 and makes a very successful Wolverine.
  • T_Roc
    T_Roc Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I really want to see how she's going to bulk up. I don't see it but, hey her job would be just to workout and pack on some weight.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    gal09.jpg

lynda-carter-bikini-pics.jpg

ETA: They both look great. I don't think Gal will look much different from Lynda in a similar top

Lynda%252520Carter_thumb%25255B1%25255D.jpg?imgmax=800
  • T_Roc
    T_Roc Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    oh it matters. Being the first major movie Wonder Women is in, have to come correct.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    gal09.jpg

/thread
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    sigh..wonder woman and pulsar (my avatar) were my 2 heroes growing up.

i think they're having such a hard time casting for WW because that ideal is no longer something that hollywood values. linda carter was believable she was tall, statuesque, feminine and she looked like she could put a hurting on a mofo.

Anyway, i'll withhold all judgments until i hear whether or not she goes on an extensive bulking and training routine. my issue isnt necessarily that she's thin it's just that she doesnt look particularly strong.

Lynda Carter and Gal are both 5'9....

Also, Lynda doesn't look particularly "ripped" in this picture:

220px-Wonder_Woman_bracelets.jpg
    it's not about looking ripped.

linda carter looks solid. gal gardot at the moment doesn't. but like i said that's not gal's fault necessarily considering the way hollywood going. solid looking actresses like linda carter and raquel welch who did well in the 70's are few and far between these days when the ideal is for them to be thinner and quite often those roles are as bimbos (ie christina hendricks)

In what role is Christina Hendricks a bimbo?

It seems that you equate "solid" with hourglass...but what about those women who are not hourglass?
  • evecook2
    Options
    The only way I would know to make a healthy crescent roll would be to fill it with fresh fruit or veggies. Good luck!
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    No it wasnt rude. If you read anything about amazons they lure men in with their beauty so that they can continue their race without men. If you look at any DC comic the most prominent part of the costume is the chest and waist that is most emphasized. Im going by what the DC comics draws their characters to be. When Linda Carter was WW notice what is also prominent on her costume. You can think what you want but its common knowledge that this is how WW is always portrayed. If you look at the photos that were posted on the first page its evident that she lacks the basic physical asset that is prominent in all WW portrayals.

No, once a year they would mate with a neighboring town and all of the male children were either killed, sent back to their father or left to the wilderness. You are confusing the Amazonians with the Sirens.

Wonder Woman was a comic written as thinly veiled BDSM fantasy with a dominant woman. Notice her weapon of choice was a lasso that would force the person tied up in it to do what ever she told them.

concure- I feel there is confusion about Amazonian women and sirens.

I've never thought about Amazonians being sexy in and of themselves- their sexy was their confidence and strength- but they were warriors.

Ultimate Amazonian woman? Grace Jones in James bond. When I think Amazon- I think her.

Exactly, Amazonians were the male-dominated Greek culture's worst nightmare.
  • ObstacleRacer
    Options

That's true, but it doesn't result in a major change in the character. It's just that Wolverine in the movies isn't short like he is in the comics. He's still a bad *kitten*, still fits the character. Hugh Jackman owns that role.

Now imagine the woman in page 1 punching someone. As Wonder Woman she's going to have to punch a lot of people. She has to hit Superman in the face and make us believe it hurts him. I'm sorry but no amount of suspension of disbelief is going to make me believe that that actress can physically harm anyone. She looks like a stiff wind would blow her over.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    gal09.jpg

Linda Carter was an awful Wonder Woman too.

Yeah I said it.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    The only way I would know to make a healthy crescent roll would be to fill it with fresh fruit or veggies. Good luck!

WTF? I don't get it.
  • 40andFindingFitness
    Options
    Does she even lift?

MrGxFfx.png

I was thinking that. :bigsmile: :laugh:
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Extremely disappointing. I hope that her role includes a lot of bulking. If not, I've lost all faith in Hollywood to cast an extremely thin woman as an amazon woman.
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options

Yeah I said it.

Seconded.

Btw, when you say DC movies suck... you didn't like Man of Steel? I don't see what so many people didn't like about it-- what's his name made a great Superman.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    NO :explode:

Wonder Woman is an Amazonian Princess who stands eye to eye with Superman. She is a little older and built like a brick sh!thouse.

It should be Gabrielle Reese. If you don't know her, Google her. TRUST ME. Every comic afficianado I know agrees. She is 6+ feet tall, plays volleyball, and is gorgeous. Right age, right height, right build.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options

Yeah I said it.

I agree.
  • BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    Options

QFT
  • ZombieGeezUs
    Options
    How about we wait to see what she looks like after she has trained?
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Yeah I said it.

Seconded.

Btw, when you say DC movies suck... you didn't like Man of Steel? I don't see what so many people didn't like about it-- what's his name made a great Superman.

I didn't see it. I'd given up on DC in general a bit before that.

I've got a whole rant about the folly of Superman as a big budget flashy superhero movie and how peple always forget/gloss over that which makes Superman *Superman* (Which is that he is Clark Kent first, and Superman out of necessity and nothing more vs Batman who is Batman first and Bruce Wayne out of necessity) but that would end up as an angry novella that no one wants to read.