Thoughts on Lingerie

Options

Replies

• funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    It sounds like most ladies appreciate....so there is some hope out there.
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    I have given up buying my wife lingerie. I have gotten her various outfits and she just doesn't wear any. It's not like I buy anything out of the "ordinary" either (nothing.... complicated). She just thinks that now that she is a mother, she shouldn't wear anything like that.

Kinda frustrating.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Post some pics of her in the lingerie. Then she won't have to worry about it being just for him.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I would love it if my husband bought me lingerie, for any occasion. I would wear everywhere! There's nothing sexier than a secret like wearing sexy undies under a regular outfit at work. :wink:

Edited because I can't type.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I would love it if my husband bought me lingerie, for any occasion. I would wear everywhere! There's nothing sexier than a secret like wearing sexy undies under a regular outfit at work. :wink:

Edited because I can't type.

AGREED!

I worked construction and I loved wearing matchy matchy kind of thexy stuff under all my grubby jeans and oversized shirts- big grin on my face all day... and no one knew why- it was GREAT!
  • emirror
    emirror Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I have given up buying my wife lingerie. I have gotten her various outfits and she just doesn't wear any. It's not like I buy anything out of the "ordinary" either (nothing.... complicated). She just thinks that now that she is a mother, she shouldn't wear anything like that.

Kinda frustrating.

Pull it out of the drawer and lay it on the bed. When she asks what it is, say "a hopeful hint".
  • allisonrinkel
    allisonrinkel Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I would be so grateful. I would feel kind of less grateful if the sizing was very inaccurate, but still, the thought counts!!
    My husband has never bought me lingerie. He said he doesn't know what size to get. As if! Either cop a really good feel before you go shop or just look at the tags on what I already have!! DUH.
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options

Kinda frustrating.

Pull it out of the drawer and lay it on the bed. When she asks what it is, say "a hopeful hint".

lol... If it was only that easy. I think it would just get shoved back into the drawer without a word.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I would be so grateful. I would feel kind of less grateful if the sizing was very inaccurate, but still, the thought counts!!
    My husband has never bought me lingerie. He said he doesn't know what size to get. As if! Either cop a really good feel before you go shop or just look at the tags on what I already have!! DUH.

This one blows my brain. Seriously- my BF is at my house ALL day as his weekend is in the middle of my work week- he could easily open a damn drawer and check. it is NOT that big of a crime to go in and check.
  • Ailbe1
    Ailbe1 Posts: 164
    Options

I LOVE this!!!! Nothing wrong with copping a good fee!
  • somerisagirlsname
    somerisagirlsname Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    It depends. If it were a major gift-giving occasion like the person's birthday, I can maybe see why the person would be upset. That being said, my fiance got me lingere on my birthday and I was very excited about it! :wink:
  • BootCampC
    BootCampC Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I tried a few times to buy something sexy hot and daring for her , she tired it on said she didn't look good in it and tossed it off.. oh well :(
  • RobbinRL
    Options
    OMG........Just for him? NOT! It's for both, the more lingerie the better I say!!!!!! And for God's sake HAVE FUN WITH IT! :love: :flowerforyou:
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I love lingerie and I totally disagree that it's just for the man. I feel super sexy in it and I wear it even when I'm not getting some. If I'm having an off day I rock some lace underneath my sweats.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

Did you then tell him what size(s) you need? If not, then he very well may figure that you don't really want any lingerie.

But, yes - he could always sneak a peek.
  • emirror
    emirror Posts: 842 Member
    Options

Kinda frustrating.

Maybe hand it to her?
    lol... If it was only that easy. I think it would just get shoved back into the drawer without a word.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I love it and so does my wife. In fact, we love to go shopping for it together.
  • JONZ64
    JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Not a fan, I would rather see a woman in one of my button down shirts (open 1/2 way) with a pair of panties on, to me that's sexier than anything that Victoria secret can come up with
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Ok, to make this productive.

What are good sources for lingerie other than the odd stuff at Adam & Eve?

Frederick's of Hollywood is a top choice! Victoria's Secret is always a good choice, depending on how much you're willing to spend :)

I didn't realize VS had lingerie. Hm. I'm getting ideas.
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    Not a fan, I would rather see a woman in one of my button down shirts (open 1/2 way) with a pair of panties on, to me that's sexier than anything that Victoria secret can come up with

You are secretly in love with Tom Cruise. Sorry you had to hear it from me. :cry: