show me ur 30 day shred results! :D

Options

Replies

• shadespeare
    Options
    Hi everyone! First off, you guys look AHHHHMAZING.

Secondly, starting the Shred tomorrow again. After battling with depression for three years, I am currently at 43-36-48 when I used to be a svelte 38-28-39 1/2. Based on women with measurements similar to mine as they are now... do you think it's at all possible that I'll be able to get back to where I was if I do the Shred 4 or 5 times in a row? I want this to be a lifestyle change and I do love working out, so I'm happy to incorporate it into my daily routine for a long time (along with a healthy diet) if that's what it takes!

I'm moving to a new country in April. In theory, I could do it all of December, January, February and March to get those results... could I?
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! First off, you guys look AHHHHMAZING.

Secondly, starting the Shred tomorrow again. After battling with depression for three years, I am currently at 43-36-48 when I used to be a svelte 38-28-39 1/2. Based on women with measurements similar to mine as they are now... do you think it's at all possible that I'll be able to get back to where I was if I do the Shred 4 or 5 times in a row? I want this to be a lifestyle change and I do love working out, so I'm happy to incorporate it into my daily routine for a long time (along with a healthy diet) if that's what it takes!

I'm moving to a new country in April. In theory, I could do it all of December, January, February and March to get those results... could I?

I think you'd be bored out of your mind and it would probably become too easy for you if you did it 4+ times in a row. I don't think it's the actual exercises done that give people success, it's the fact that it's short, simple, and people tend to stick with it.
  • shadespeare
    Options
    I'm totally fine with repetitive workouts. I actually prefer to do the same things every day for a set amount of time, because it gives me a goal to look forward to. :)

What about doing something like 30 Day Shred, then Ripped in 30, then back to 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30 again?

What are some other great Jillian DVD's?
  • Jane2285
    Jane2285 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I have done the 30 Day Shred a few times. I found myself, after finishing the 30 days, I go through it again for another 30 days. And again...and again..Now, it gets kind of boring, but to me, it's a good work out to do in the morning before work. It only takes about 30 minutes and even though I may not be getting the same results, I am still doing some sort of work out. I then go to the gym as well at night. I think that doing both, is imperative. Plus, eating healthy! You can't eat MCD's and expect to lose weight! LOL:) I'm getting back into again, but three years ago when I did it, I had amazing results!
  • grillnchill
    grillnchill Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I'm doing this bad boy after I finish Insanity in a few days. I've heard (and now seen) a lot of great things about it. Looking forward to posting my results on here. ;-)
  • Redbone723
    Redbone723 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Just started this morning! Today is Day 1! I'll be sure to post my results!
  • shell6469
    shell6469 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Bump-
  • Solbina
    Solbina Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    day1_zps60058dff.jpg
    30_zps9ebbc396.png

I lost 1kg and some cms. Could have been better but still i can see a bit of change (no?)

5'8 138lbs
  • meggypooh
    meggypooh Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I am not at home right now, so I cant re-post my pictures. But I posted my results Monday, right before my last day of the 30 Day Shred.

Here is the link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1146100-my-30-day-shred-results
  • Eyerin
    Eyerin Posts: 24
    Options
    It's time to bust out my Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred today and get back at it after reading this thread and all of your amazing results. I know I can get through this 20-30 minutes, even if I am not a big exercise lover and have become somewhat sedentary over the years. I just know it's imperative if I want what I want badly enough. And I do.

It probably took me almost an hour to read through this entire thread and I could have had the 30DS done by now! But, the reading of all these success stories has been so inspiring and encouraging.

Stare me down with those steely and determined eyes, Jillian. I am ready for you.

:sad:
  • kierkeb
    kierkeb Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Everyone is so inspirational! I started level 1 day 1 yesterday and golly am I sore! :) I can't wait to post my results in 30 days. Good luck everyone.
  • shadespeare
    Options
    Day three, laaaaaadies! Let's do this.
  • carolinehowells
    carolinehowells Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Bumping so I can come back with my results when I'm finished currently on day 4
  • nicoleisme
    nicoleisme Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Bump! Amazing results everybody!
  • Just went through the entire thread, and wow, I'm amazed at the results! Good on you everyone! I just got my copy, so I'll be starting day one today. Really excited :)
  • mer126
    mer126 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Really am impressed with all the great results!
    I'm currently on Day 12 of level 2. I decided to add an extra
    5 days to L2 and L3, just to make sure I was getting the moves
    Correctly.
    I'm on a 1300-1400 calorie diet and have lost around 4 # so far! Very
    Excited about that.
    I should mention that I do half hour on the treadmill with incline
    And some weights for resistance.
    What I love the most about the program is how strong its making me feel!
    I'm really enjoying this
    Good luck to everyone
  • KateEMD
    KateEMD Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I just did my first day so I took pictures and measurements. I can' wait to be able to share what happens by day 30 (even with Christmas in the mix)
  • Redbone723
    Redbone723 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I should be on Day 10, is it boring or is it me? Ugh!
  • jbuc07
    jbuc07 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I should be on Day 10, is it boring or is it me? Ugh!
    It's boring LOL.

Just keep pushing through. (That's what I've been telling myself) Just move on to level 2, but be warned... It's HARD!
  • sheiscurious
    Options
    Hi everyone! So far I've completed day 1 and 2 of the shred. Just about to do day 3 right after I finish this. I CANNOT BELIEVE how I see abs poking through. I'm combining 30 Day Shred with doing random Chalean Extreme ab workouts.

I used to be a competitive swimmer and boxer, then I got depressed and gained 50 pounds. Though I'm short I've always been muscular, and 150 was my "fighting weight." I never had stretch marks, and when I saw them on my belly I said "oh hell no," and decided enough was enough. I'm shocked at how my body seems to be getting rid of excess baggage already.

Starting measurements:
    Chest: 43
    Waist: 35
    Hips: 48

I've already lost four pounds. I can't believe (again!) that I see my abs poking out even after only two days of shred and 3 days of Chalean abs. I guess muscle memory really is a thing. Look!

f2SmgeA.jpg
    Day 1, front

uKrSR92.jpg
    Day 3, front

94I8osz.jpg
    Left side, day 1

Y7bUx1K.jpg
    Left side, day 3

tPDxOam.jpg
    Right side, day 1

MM0rEzH.jpg
    Right side, day 3
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!