Thoughts on Lingerie

Options

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Hmm, those inch sizes don't help me much if I'm going to do this discreetly.

Is a cami that has DTF printed on it a little too obvious?
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I was talking with one of my friends earlier who told me she was quite upset that her husband bought her lingerie. She said it was more for him than her. I disagreed with her. I think it's actually kind of sexy for a man to buy something sexy for his wife or girlfriend. What do you think?
    Your friend's argument reminds me of the logic (perhaps using that term loosely) espoused in some of the classes on Gender Studies taught at my old college in the 1990's. Basically, any present that a guy bought for a woman was his way of oppressing her, as was anything a woman bought that could be perceived as sexy or related to so-called 'traditional' gender roles. For added fun, any guy who declined to pay for things or asked that expenses be shared was also guilty of misogyny by virtue of those acts, for reasons I never fully grasped.

So the guy is f***** coming or going? :laugh: :laugh:
    No, because sex in any form is a type of violence against women designed to oppress them. This even applies to male homosexual acts, which oppress women by excluding them.

Sadly, I'm not making that up.

As a feminist this does.not.compute.

Also, I would be THRILLED if a boyfriend bought me lingerie and I love buying it for myself as well.
    I believe you. I make no claims that what I was taught at the time was either mainstream feminist theory of the day, or in keeping with contemporary feminist thought. It's merely what I was taught at the time.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I believe you. I make no claims that what I was taught at the time was either mainstream feminist theory of the day, or in keeping with contemporary feminist thought. It's merely what I was taught at the time.

Were you at Berkeley? Sounds like it...
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options

Were you at Berkeley? Sounds like it...
    Nope. I was at a tiny little college nobody's likely to have heard of on the East Coast.
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    I hate lingerie.

When he is willing to dress up in a suit for me, I'll be ready to wear slinky stuff for him.

<----Your turn!
  • VelvetMorning
    VelvetMorning Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I love lingerie! The only awkward thing is if your partner buys it in the wrong size lol

LOL imagine a size (or more) too big! How traumatizing!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I hate lingerie.

When he is willing to dress up in a suit for me, I'll be ready to wear slinky stuff for him.

<----Your turn!

I hate that- my BF is a very 'relaxed' dresser- and I tend to not be- I really wish he would get down with dressing more snappy- I don't understand how he is comfortable wearing ill fitting sloppy clothing.

But I got nice and dressed for Thanksgiving... put on a nice dress when he ran out- and he was kind enough to change and put on a nicer shirt- I hate having holiday dinners in sweats- even if it's just the two of us- I like making it a point to make it special.
  • man_in_drag
    Options
    I hate lingerie.

<----Your turn!

I hate that- my BF is a very 'relaxed' dresser- and I tend to not be- I really wish he would get down with dressing more snappy- I don't understand how he is comfortable wearing ill fitting sloppy clothing.

But I got nice and dressed for Thanksgiving... put on a nice dress when he ran out- and he was kind enough to change and put on a nicer shirt- I hate having holiday dinners in sweats- even if it's just the two of us- I like making it a point to make it special.

I love a good suit!!
  • JaxDemon
    JaxDemon Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    My missus actually enjoys dressing up for me and has now started to pick stuff out she likes. She said she feels sexy when she's all dressed up for me and that for me is the result I wanted the rest is a bonus.
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    my opinion is less is better!!! LMAO

:drinker: :tongue:
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    BTW, this thread is nothing without pics.
  • brennenjones
    brennenjones Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I don't usually buy lingerie for my significant other because we don't need it, lol...but if I were I'm sure that she wouldn't mind since it would be something different.
  • emartin17
    emartin17 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    love love LOVE lingerie. and if my man bought something for me to wear, you better believe that I would wear it!
    Lingerie when a woman buys it can go both ways, she either feels super sexy and wears it for herself, or she wants attention (again for self reasoning but gets the man or woman's attention!). Lingerie is a multi use tool!
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I think it looks sexiest on the floor. :love:
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    in general, I'd find it to be a really nice present and I'd really like it. And I think it's a good thing for both partners to take each others' tastes into account when dressing up to go out, or for the bedroom.

however i had one boyfriend in the dim and distant past who kept buying me specific lingerie items and had this whole attitude that he couldn't get sexy with me unless I was wearing it, and I really felt that he didn't like me at all, or even find me attractive, it seemed to be the lingerie that turned him on and he just wanted someone to wear it for him. There were other issues in the relationship besides this and it didn't last long. But I thought I'd mention it because maybe the OP's friend has something like this going on in the relationship, and her reaction to the lingerie present comes from a whole bunch of other stuff going on in the relationship, and the lingerie is just a final straw kind of thing.
  • dextersgramps
    dextersgramps Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Ive bought lingerie for my wife and she loves it,shes also bought stuff for me to wear and we both enjoy and even though it ends up on the floor I would have to say it really enhances our sex lives
    hurray for lingerie
  • in_the_stars
    in_the_stars Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    How can you not like lingerie?

9134875319_6131019de9_m.jpg

2404045381_f76953d586_m.jpg
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    love it. thus far i've had experience with dudes that were lukewarm on it. that's okay. i'll wear it if i wanna, make you look at it for no longer than two seconds and say 'very nice', then take it off leave it on the floor. it's all good. if i've been wearing my goodies under my clothes all day i've already derived my primary benefit--the rest is gravy. there's nothing quite like unseen lace and garters to put a smile on a girl's face when she's going about her mundane daily activities... if i ever have a meeting of the er 'minds' with a guy who likes lingerie as much as me, well, i'll be pleased.
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    I was talking with one of my friends earlier who told me she was quite upset that her husband bought her lingerie. She said it was more for him than her. I disagreed with her. I think it's actually kind of sexy for a man to buy something sexy for his wife or girlfriend. What do you think?

LMAO!!! She is mad for this?!?!? If that is the case then sounds like some other issues are going on with her....

Seriously, for us guys to buy things like this we obviously have a motive behind it but IMO, at least for me anyhow, it is for both. She gets to strut around in something sexy and watch us be all into it and we get... well you know where I am going with this. If something was meant "just for her" it would be a plain bath robe or something like that as an example.
  • NumbrsNerd
    NumbrsNerd Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Sexy lingerie is 95% of my lingerie wardrobe. :blushing:

I wear it because it makes me feel good. :smokin:

And when my man buys it for me well, ........BONEUS!!! :drinker:

I agree! I have tons of it: it makes ME feel sexy and more confident. If he bought it for me, it means he wants to see me in it, which would make me feel doubly good!